Do you think humans are capable of surviving in a utopia?

Do you think humans are capable of surviving in a utopia?
For the sake of argument lets pretend we live in some form of successful communism where none of us have to work and everything we could ever want in all forms of entertainment is readily available to us, we don't need to work, food is always available and everything is pure peace.

Can humans adapt to such a life, is there a reason as to why countries that are more advanced have lower birth rates?
Does society just naturally self destruct the closer we get to peace?

Is degeneracy just a normal symptom of an aging and inevitable death of a civilization?

Vid related.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

callhoun experiment
we will die
degeneracy just mean
>your society suck and men go into violence because they life is sad/miserable

I am capable of surviving in a utopia, humanity in general? Not so much.

>utopia
>communism

No cause I'd destroy it.

Fuck happiness, I want to stoke the flames of the human spirit. Virtue VS Vice, Good VS Evil.

Machiavellian utilitarians, eat your heart out.

You'd have to do more than just "survive".
You'd have to breed, to make friends with your peers and socialize.

If you can't do that and stay shut in your room all day as a NEET it would hardly constitute as surviving for the betterment of the species

>I'd destroy it.

Since when is not working and lazing around like a bunch of faggots considered a "utopia"?

Maybe working towards a goal and innovating along the way is a good thing?

>fyi the higher birth rates in poorer countries is because half their children are gonna die at a young age anyway.

>its only a utopia when people work

a fucking edgy LEAF

that's pretty interesting. Reminds me of Fight Club when Tyler say that his dream is humanity living in a primal state organised in tribes living the ruins of our civilization. That's the same idea, humanity is dying as a society because the human best environment is a tribe so it keeps a good balance between survival and degeneracy

No, humans would go insane with degeneracy with all their needs met and not having to struggle. The levels of comfort modern life provides already is sending people into free fall with abnormal behaviors.

>People are mice
Not quite senpai

You could just not laze around and do whatever work you want. It's just that nobody would be forced to.

Define "Utopia".
The modern capitalist system has a version of utopia being unlimited riches, prosperity, unlimited food, etc; this model is supported by scarcity anxiety, the fact that capital has an anxiety effect on people.

A feudal society has existed for thousands of years and WILL exist for thousands of years, because feudal societies are neither expansive nor regressive.

Exactly my thoughts.

It seems the greatest threat of humanity or of any species out there is comfort.
We just don't now how to effectively cope in such an environment that doesn't lead us to adopt some self destructive nature.

The Utopia I already described.
A place where work is unnecessary for the masses, a place where food, water, and all the entertainment one can desire is provided.

the weak will perish

War. It's made by humans only and has the power to unite a nation to a common cause while in the process killing enought human beings to create a "surviving state" environment so it supress degeneracy. Kinda ironic that humanity biggest foe is also it's hope to maintain itself

utopia by definition needs to sustain itself
would you call utopia a society that will likely lead you to doom in a few years, even though it is fine and dandy now?

That depends on whether or not you think people can adapt and live in an environment that doesn't ask them of anything, that doesn't force them, that doesn't stress them and they live with all their needs and desires met.

The idea of utopia is a society where every human being has access to everything he can whish for. Even if this idea of the utopia can differ from a man to another this definition of utopia is the definition our materialist society has accepted and most people agree whit this idea.

Nope. My utopia is probably different than your utopia. There will always be some form of conflict or strife.

Yeah, the uniting factor tends to be war.
Though it sort of speaks volumes at our current situation when we get terrorist attacks yet very little unification is happening.

Too many people have grown accustomed to the idea of comfort that even fighting for it is something they oppose.