LOST general

Holy shit! What do you think that statue means? It has 4 toes.

how did he know claire was drowning?

bump. noobody else is watching lost?

show is shit

It's been so long since I watched it I don't remember much, I don't even recall the statue man. If you make threads about it you're gonna get spoiled for sure.

Kill yourself

the only thing it lost, was my intrest

I never watched lost and know basically nothing about it, but I remember the cult following around it when it was on air. As someone who isn't ever going to watch it (don't have time and not really my thing anyway) could someone tell me what actually happened in the end? Were they all dead and in pergatory or something like that?

All I know is it's a bunch of people stuck on an island after a plane crash and weird supernatural shit happens later on. I wanna know what it meant/means

Look it up yourself you pathetic faggot.

>why does it only have 4 toes?
>shut the fuck up randy i ran out of space

I think the marble statue alludes to Gods but the 4 toes implies cartoon anatomy. Perhaps saying that religion Placated people in the past while we are placated by entertainment.

Nothing in it means anything, 6 seasons wasted.

The show should have stayed about a group of people surviving on an island.

it's aliens. the island is a secret alien colony and the black smoke is their security system.

L O S T] Sup Forums was best Sup Forums. At least until the finale
It's all been unimaginative reddit maymays since.

Nah :)

I think the finale was good! It helped me cope with grief and be ok with the fact imma die and I accept my personal defects as parts of me that are making me stronger richer individual.

Which would have been preferable to what it ended up as.

You didn't get the ending because you're a lorefag. It was thematically perfect.

This guy gets it. The whole thing is pretty much just a waste of time. Spoiler alert, the whole things a dream.

>all of Sup Forums hates LOST now

Farewell, it's finally time to leave this place.

I can accept that. What I can't accept is how they basically said fuck it to all the mysterious shit. Basically "lol, das all ya get, mo'fuckas."

What was there to understand? The island was purgatory. The rest of the series meant nothing. It was just a build up on mysteries and then to have an anticlimactic, unimaginative ending.

Nigga, I dun told ya. It was time to leave after the finale.

This guy gets it.

>make a cool monster in the jungle
>make it sound mechanical
>get hype as fuck for some steampunk golem shit
>it's fucking black smoke
stupid goddamn show. how can the same writer be responsible for half of The Leftovers?

It must be JJ.

The island was just a cluster of nonsense that did stuff for reasons. If you drank some special water from one of its springs you could become its guardian or whatever. Black smoke was some dude who was pissed he didn't get chosen to become the guardian.

At the end of the penultimate season there's a climax where it looks like some characters will be able to detonate a bomb that will destroy the island in the past or somesuch, and the final season looks like it's split between the two alternate realities (bomb exploded, bomb didn't explode).
Turns out the bomb just didn't explode. The alternate reality was actually a limbo created by the island, so that after their death (whenever it would come) all of the people who suffered and died because of the island could meet each other and get over their suffering before moving on.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

>get stranded on an island filled with polar bears and crazy fuckers
>get off
>get lots of money
>"We have to go back! :("
dumb show

It's not hated people just cant be fucked spoonfeeding this newfag.

tfw you realize that it's Sup Forums that has to go back.

There was an initial plan of them all being dead but people guessed it so they fucked around with shit tier writers that turned it to garbage to ride the retards that thought lost was deep but ultimately they went back to them being all dead. Shit show, don't believe the retards that think it was genius,there's always people emotionally involved no matter how shit and they're the mist obnoxious and autistic. Don't waste your time except for the first few seasons and only for TV tier decent kino. Still nowhere near sopranos or mad men level.

He got special powers from being exposed to electromagnetic radiation

No kate gifs or that busty blonde other chick...

The Constant is a pure kino episode

all i have

The early seasons were great. Makes what it became that much worse. I still haven't watched it again because it disappointed me that bad.

Yum

Last week I was in a thread where most of it was just shitting on Frasier. Us oldfags have no place to go.

Now that this place is just Sup Forums 2.0 I wish I could get permanently banned.

Yeah I'll say! Watching Kate in episodes where she got wet ( ;) yeah let's say I mean when it was raining and not her horny and ready to get fucked hoohoo getting lubricating itself for a hard cock) always made me stiff. Tight pants and tongue hanging out my mouth like a dog in heat. Fuck. I jerked off thinking of that tight pussy after every new episode ended. Sometimes I imagined I was Jack when I was thinking of giving her missionary sex. But when it was doggy style deep throat Fucking I was Sawyer all the way drenching Freckles in my Dharma mayo. Mmmhmm damn. If I had Kate I would spent hours twisting and sucking on her tits. Spanking her cute ass. Fuck. No mercy on that butt.

I don't wanna read some shitty interpretation from some blogger, I want the Sup Forums assessment

Fuck off yourself you cunt, you're adding nothing by being here

Thanks anons, have a Hershlag pic in return

Why don't you flip off ya dolt. Hmm perhaps you feel like an inferior specimen due to your dumbass little dick none of the girls want to suck. I'm a gay and even I wouldn't touch your silly little clit. Go away and cum on backs when you admit that you're gay. LOST is too good a show for you. Ugly!

>wanna
Stupid little faggot you're 10 years too late. Just read the wiki if you want the truth spoiled. Otherwise watch the show and form your own opinion. You wont find any consensus here.

Spotted the fag
How long until you kys and we don't have to put up with you anymore?

The statue was ABC realizing the writers were making shit up as they went and trolling them.

They flat out demanded they include a giant foot statue in the season two finale, one of those orders from above show runners have no choice but to follow and incorporate.

They ended up rationalizing it's existence by revealing it to be where Jacob is hiding out at, while Man In Black and Ben Linus plot his death.

You're ugly. Post a picture of your face or its admission of guilt. The charge is being ugly. Post your cock or its true that it is very small.

kids today actually get to binge watch lost over a weekend... what level of kino is that. I remember the brutal year long cliffhanger waits.

>we
Go back faggot.

>Black smoke was some dude
>he really thinks the Man in Black was Jacob's brother
the Man in Black was the evil the Island kept locked away taking Jacob's brother's form.

>The island was purgatory.
>it's a "they were all dead, guise!" episode
The island wasn't purgatory.

I'm referring the known facts making as few assumptions as possible. Plus, even if it wasn't him spiritually it was still pretending it was him, so who gives a fuck.

>I'm referring the known facts making as few assumptions as possible
It's outright stated in the show that the black smoke isn't really Jacob's brother.
>it was still pretending it was him, so who gives a fuck
>X is actually Y!
>no it isn't
>well, X is pretending to be Y, so it's similar
The black smoke also pretended to be Jack's dad, so I guess Jack's dad was the black smoke all along, even when he was working at a fucking hospital.

Ignorant cuck.

Jacob's brother is the earliest humanoid incarnation of the black smoke we ever see, and there are no signs that it had a corporeal form before. There's nothing wrong in saying it was him, especially since for all intents and purposes their motivation stays the same.
>The black smoke also pretended to be Jack's dad, so I guess Jack's dad was the black smoke all along, even when he was working at a fucking hospital.
Jack's dad is a clear and distinct character that exists at the same time, and that was just the smoke taking a different aesthetic appearance.
From the point of view of the audience there is no separation whatsoever between Jacob's brother and the smoke monster. Even if Jacob's brother died or stopped being himself at some point along the process we never see it and it doesn't change things in any way, so whether it was actually him or not it's not important.

For me, this is canon.

WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN

Literal 10/10

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT! MY BOY! WHERE'S MY BOY?!! THEY TOOK MY SON! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALTT!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!

God damn

Mmm

Correction: Bomb DID explode and triggered the electromagnetic anomaly, sending the original passengers back to the present time (if you remember, the ones who stayed on the island were sent to the 70s). The alternate reality where the plane doesn't crash is indeed a limbo where they meet to move on but it doesn't have anything to do with the bomb

So do you think Henry Gale is one of the others?

>mfw captchas
Damn I know that feel.

I dont understand how people rate this show so highly, its not bad, but it isnt good either.

>Oooooo its mysterious

The writers just threw shit in, you could tell there wasnt a plan or a overall plot, they just made things up as they went along. It was fucking terrible.

These threads are always a great way to spot all the new reddit migrants. Just look for the people saying shit like "Muh answers" and "The finale ruined it"

Its just the newfags. Nobody who's been here for more than 5 minutes would shittalk Lost on /LOST/

I still say the finale is the biggest pleb filter of all time.

did a rewatch last automn, before s5 - the best tv-show ever, s5&6 lower the bar a little, but nevertheless lost overall is unattainble by any other long tv show

1 and 2 are great, 3 is worse, 4 is awful, 5 is even worse than 4, 6 is watching for the sake of watching tier

I've watched it 3 times and still couldn't give you a clear explanation what happened, other than it was a convoluted, unsatisfying, cluster fuck of a finale (the entire last season actually)

4 is really underestimated (probably due to length). eps 1, 2, 4 are pure action, the constant is arguably the best episode of any show ever, 8(where alyx is murdered) - in top 10 lost hours, cabin fever blows your mind away and the season finale is pivotal for the show, making an irrevocable turn into deep sci fi

No he seems quiet innocent.

Jack's father is one of the most underrated characters. So well written and fleshed out over the seasons.

I watched it when it originally aired and enjoyed it to the end. I recently tried to rewatch it and could only get to season 3 because I knew how crazy it gets without much explanation.

Brainlets.
baka, desu

>all these brainlets who still don't understand the finale (or the show for that matter) 7 1/2 years after it ended
Pathetic. Sup Forums confirmed worst board on this site

Maybe there's a reason that only a few people "understand" the finale in an acceptable way to brainlets like yourself, much like there's a reason only a few people "understand" the finer points of eating literal shit: mental deficiency.