Atheists think this happened by chance

>atheists think this happened by chance

Other urls found in this thread:

bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6543
telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12054216/Americans-do-not-have-better-teeth-than-the-British-study-concludes.html
godisimaginary.com/
phys.org/news/2013-09-mantis-shrimp-world-eyesbut.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even without that, it's almost certain a creator exists. It's far too easy to say there is not; you reach a philosophical dead end.

>creationists think it's intelligent design to let people choke on their food.

But who created God's eyes?

Weeds out the glutton sinners.

i cried

>It's easy to say there is no God
>Therefore God exists
How can any one country possess so much stupid.

It didn't, though.
Random mutations are a part of evolution but not majorly.
>what is natural selection

What dead end would that be?

How Can God Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Not only did it happen, it happened several times over

> It's another creationist doesn't understand science episode

No. Atheists know it happened through evolution. Sage

except we didn't evolve, we were genetically created. that's not to say other animals didn't evolve, but that's also not to say that other animals weren't genetically created. (protip, "neanderthals" were fully hairy and their evolutionary ascendant is the sasquatch not us)

watch "everything you know is wrong" by lloyde pye on youtube

I said almost certain. Atheism is nothing more than an exercise in arrogance. How can one country have such bad teeth?

Why is it almost certain?

Answer this, "atheists": how come EVERY great thinker and artist has been religious, hmm?

Da Vinci, Newton, Shakespeare, Dostoevsky, Kierkegaard, Tolstoi, Aquinas, Aurelius, Plato...

And who do the atheists get? Motherfucking Sam Harris and Marx.

Not very encouraging, is it?

There is no god. The end. Objectivism reigns supreme. Helping your fellow man is not required. It does nothing but promote crony capitalist values.

bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6543
telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12054216/Americans-do-not-have-better-teeth-than-the-British-study-concludes.html

>Objectivism reigns supreme
Objectivism is laughed out the house by every academic philosopher there is, and has ever been.
>inb4 all of academia is wrong because it hurts my feelings

rain water in a puddle would think puddle's shape was made just for it.

>doesn't understand what natural selection means

wtf i hate thinking now

Because those people lived in societies where it was very unusual or unknown to be non-religious

I suppose I should have chosen an insult you cannot disprove. Send me a link proving to me that god does not exist.

You mean God must exist because if he didn't it would be unconvinient for society?

ITT

>I'm not that stupid so as to believe that something happened just because I've read it on a stupid book XD

>This is what happened instead, because I read it on this OTHER book (which was written by the new world order btw)

is atheism is a mental disorder?

"Great" is subjective. i could show you plenty of great nonreligious thinkers, but you would use your mental gymnastics and say "oh they aren't great"

Not all of them

not proof but there are good arguments
godisimaginary.com/

you mean like every society except our modern cuckold one?

No. It is simply a fact that none of us here on earth can prove nor disprove the existence of a god.

Dostoevsky, Tolstoi, Kierkegaard -- they did not live in such times.

And, if atheism were truly so very clever -- don't you think one of them...would have invented it? Hmm?

And how come, to this day, now that we have embraced (to our folly) atheism, all we have to show for it is post-modernism?

If you have ever looked at the retina you can see how the optical nerve creates a blind spot as it enters and then doubles back to interface with the cells. Not very intelligently designed, user.

>cutting off the rest of what he said

You're pretty much admitting that you're an atheist because it's le edgelord fashion these days.

>The quote is taken out of context. Darwin answered the seeming problem he introduced. The paragraph continues,
Yet reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a perfect and complex eye to one very imperfect and simple, each grade being useful to its possessor, can be shown to exist; if further, the eye does vary ever so slightly, and the variations be inherited, which is certainly the case; and if any variation or modification in the organ be ever useful to an animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, can hardly be considered real. How a nerve comes to be sensitive to light, hardly concerns us more than how life itself first originated; but I may remark that several facts make me suspect that any sensitive nerve may be rendered sensitive to light, and likewise to those coarser vibrations of the air which produce sound. (Darwin 1872, 143-144)

>everything came from nothing
That's not athiest. That's widely disputed theory on what caused the bog bang.

Chance? Nay,by circumstance.

There's lots of stuff we can't disprove the existence of. Do you believe in everything you can't disprove?

Well, no, some isolated tribes didn't have a religion, and I think one of the old kings of France was an Atheist, but mostly yeah.

How is it arrogant? You have to believe in a deity to not be arrogant? You can not believe but also not be sure. Atheist is simply you personally don't believe, like not believing in the tooth fairy. It doesn't mean that the tooth fairy doesn't exist, just that you don't believe in it.

Is being atoothfairyist arrogant? Is being aghostist arrogant? Is being abigfootist arrogant? No, you just don't believe in these things, but that doesn't mean they don't or can't exist.

>some isolated tribes didn't have a religion
like who? every society has some form of spirituality.

I'm really not. I was raised as one, and I see no coherent proof of a god

Why the hell do the compound eyes exist and why haven't these bunch of sensors developed into something more sophisticated?

>can be shown to exist
Yeah, but haven't, actually there's a lot evidence pointing to the contrary.

And read more, Darwin admitted, further in his life, that the major flaw of his own theory was actually related to that, read about irreducible complexity.

Stop swallowing atheist propaganda, reason the fodder that is fed to you man. Otherwise, you're no better than the "ignorant religious fanatics" that you thrive to dissociate from.

>every society has some form of spirituality
Likely not true, and even so, what does that prove?

I don't know the history of every tribe on the planet ever, but there was probably at least one that didn't have a god.

What's a compound eye?

thanks for saving me the trouble of finding this image

>no coherent proof of a god

You contradict yourself on so many levels dude, that you're beyond hope.

nope. atheism is a deviation from what is natural.

>Likely not true
It's literally impossible for it not to be.

You're spiritual yourself. You can try and hide it, but we all know you're a spooked as the next faggot.

As is modern society, yet here we are.

Atheism is a religious belief as much as not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Also atheism says nothing about anything in that troll image, that is scientific belief, which most atheists happen to agree with, but nothing to do with atheism itself. There's a primitive tribe in South America called the Paraha that has been atheists for a long ass time, they still believe in spirits and ghosts and shit, just not a higher power or supreme being. They are by definition atheists, but hold none of the other beliefs that are scientific and usually what atheists believe.

I feel like this board doesn't quite understand definitions of words and would rather just demonize because you don't happen to believe in their deity of choice.

not chance, it was always going to happen, like your virgin death

And this youtube faggot's revelations are supported by what? Still sage

Define "spooked"

>Be an arch
>be irreducibly complex
>have no scaffolding
>therefore no scaffolds every existed
>therefore I don't exist

Atheism existed before those thinkers were born. I'm no expert on any of them, but I think they had other thinks to do than defy a structure that had been In place for thousands of years. See what happened to Galileo.

The things you're using to read this thread moron.

how am I contradicting myself exactly?

>Yeah, but haven't
If you were falling from a building, half, or even a third, of a wing would be more useful than no wing at all.
A fifth of an eye, that can only tell light from shade, would have be an evolutionary advantage to the organism.>It's literally impossible for it not to be.
How so?
>You're spiritual yourself. You can try and hide it, but we all know you're a spooked as the next faggot
I'm not spiritual. Speak for yourself.

Where did God come from?

>we were genetically created
This is inifnitely more likely than "God", yeah. Come back and unfuck us already, Annunuaki faggots, we get it, base humanity (niggers) are bad, we've learned our lesson. Come on. At least send a meteor or something if you aren't going to fucking bother.

Oh, they exist due to evolutionary pressures i guess

>Objectivism reigns supreme. Helping your fellow man is not required

pretty huge and stupid leap of logic there

I guess it was, but I never said it wasn't

good thread

>1 post by this ID

not athiesm

>Atheism is a religious belief as much as not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Absolutely wrong. Atheism is itself a view to the religious requiring a stern faith in the enlightenment of Science. Agnosticism -- that can be equated to not collecting stamps. But never atheism.
I have no interests in conversing with the intellectually illiterate.
Galileo defied nothing. He was a good Christian. He just fucked with the most powerful person in Italy, because in some respects he was a complete retard.
>how so
It is impossible for humanity to avoid the spiritual. It is ingrained into us -- consciousness vs. body, as we call it. Even some hypothetical atheist tribe would have views on the spiritual.
>I'm not spiritual
Yes you are.

>It is ingrained into us
Explain every non-religious/spiritual person to exist.
>Yes you are
You aren't in a position to tell me what I am and am not

IF GOD AINT REAL

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN

AN EYE????

CHECK MATE L0L

>Agnosticism -- that can be equated to not collecting stamps

Oh, dear. You're one of those imbeciles who thinks Agnosticism is a middle-man/mutually-exclusive.

Compound eyes are pretty ideal for the kind of sight certain insects need. They provide wide angle vision and are very good at detecting fast motion. The reason they aren't "better" is do to with physical constraints like diffraction.

>Defied Nothing
I never said that he defied religion, but he defied the general consensus on how the solar system was set out. And guess what? He was proved right.

Insect eye.
Thousands of simple sensors directed in all directions, unable to focus but good for movement detection.
Reason why flies sometimes try to hump wasps.

phys.org/news/2013-09-mantis-shrimp-world-eyesbut.html

>aliens

Compound eyes are the eyes made up of many smaller eyes, the kind insects have. They exist because there's obviously more than just one way evolution can solve a selection pressure. If there were an intelligent designer, why wouldn't every creature on this Earth have the same eyes that don't have such arbitrary limitations like every animal has?

I recall the vatican accepted he was right at the time too, they just wanted him to stop talking random shit about them all the time.

but then who created the creator??? :o

>atheists

>Explain every non-religious/spiritual person to exist.
You haven't worked out by now that I am saying everyone is religious, everyone is spiritual?

Atheists are undeniably religious. I don't think, really, any atheist would deny that, if they were telling the truth.
>You aren't in a position to tell me what I am and am not
And yet, you are.
>Oh, dear. You're one of those imbeciles who thinks Agnosticism is a middle-man/mutually-exclusive.
Nope!
He insulted the Pope you massive turd, the Catholic Church itself was all for his investigation into the solar system, as long as he didn't come right out and say they were retards (which he did -- by accident).

Why does the first chart not describe athiesm?

Well one of the Pope's liked his theories, but he got replaced with one who didn't. So yes and no.

Wasn't this made by a scientist or?

U probably never searched an explanation the evolution theory gives about this... It's a progess of millions of years. Not some imaginary friend of urs

If you're going to post something like this, you should post about the impossible intricacies of all of life, from the irreducible complexity of cells, to the irreducible complexity of the biosphere.
Bringing up just one thing will only make atheists go "but muh homologous evolutionary stepping stones," because they're too stupid to realize that's a reductionist, unsound argument.

What if I just don't believe in God and don't really care about how the Universe was made because arguing about it is pointless because no-one really knows how it happened?

Both theories have their flaws but on the other hand I do see how Christianity influenced Western Civilization and I do like Christian values but I can't actually say I believe in a God/religions due to multitude of reasons.

I know what you're going to say *tips fedora* but fuck m8, I just want to live my life.

Hope you like eternal hellfire, heretic.

What the hell kind of logic is that