Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 13th November 2016

bleedingcool.com/2016/11/13/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-13th-november-2016-dont-let-october-sales-charts-fool/

Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 13th November 2016 – “Don’t Let October Sales Charts Fool You”

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And yes, despite the news of Marvel’s return to power, the bestseller charts still stubbornly refuse to reflect anything other than DC’s dominance… though three do sneak in. Oh and Scott Snyder’s protege James Tynion beats him on the Batsales front. The student has surpassed the master.

1. Detective Comics #944
2. All-Star Batman #4
3. Flash #10
4. Action Comics #967
5. Invincible Iron Man #1
6. Wonder Woman #10
7. Batman/TMNT Adventures #1
8. Black Panther: World Of Wakanda #1
9. Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps #8
10. Clone Conspiracy #2

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Still shilling for Rich the leach

Thanks to the following retailers

G-Mart Comic Books– Champaign, IL
Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
Issues Needed Comics, Apple Valley, Minnesota
Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Famous Faces & Funnies of West Melbourne, Florida.
Graham Crackers Comics – 11 locations in the Mid-West

Who had this to say

"Don’t let the October sales charts fool you, it’s definitely still DC dominating the charts when it comes to actual sales to customers and our November orders are much more in line with actual sales than our October orders were. This week, only one Marvel book cracked our Top 10, and it was Clone Conspiracy in spot 10. Our store’s first nine were all DC characters with Detective, All Star Batman, Batman/TMNT Adventures (with IDW), Flash, Mother Panic (strong debut outselling all Marvel in our store so far!), Action, Wonder Woman, Superwoman (really? still outselling all Marvel this week?!? definitely a big surprise in Rebirth), Hal Jordan and finally Clone Conspiracy, which hasn’t really caught on near the numbers we expected."

We had a thread about this already, yo. Not much activity in it though. Guess people are finally getting tired of the company war bullshit.

"We are seeing NO interest in Riri as Iron Man so far, and I think Marvel screwed up announcing all this four months ago. No one from outside of comics has that long an attention span and it is currently our 14th bestselling title so far this week, ouch. I am only ordering about a third of our orders for issue 1 for the second issue and even that might still be too high unless the next few days really bring some people in for it. Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows is at spot 16 and Avengers 1.1 is at 18, so none of this week’s Marvel new releases caught on in our store. I’m also shocked to be selling so little of Deadpool: Back In Black. Even though DP minis have slowed down, I figured including Venom would be a sure thing, but not so much. We sold almost as much Cannibal (spot 15) and James Bond Hammerhead (20) as we did these new Marvel launches. Marvel needs to do something to turn it around quickly."

"Still selling a lot of Dr Strange back issues, although not much in the way of the newer series to more recent fans from the movie, but we’ve always seen the pattern for the last decade or so, that the less people that know about the comic before the movie, the more of it we sell. Sure enough, Dr Strange was a great movie, so it’s helped us sell a decent amount of Dr Strange trades, back issues and even a bit of the recent stuff, just not as much as we expected."

"Still moving lots of Walking Dead, especially 100 and issues around that area. Moving decent amounts of 1990s Batman and early 2000’s X-Men and Uncanny."

"Marvel can’t get out of a death spiral, apparently: even their two big launches of the week (Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and invincible Iron Man) failed to crack our store’s top 10, coming in at 14 and 15 respectively. Poe Dameron took #12, coming in right behind another DC Rebirth book at 11, while Doom Patrol took 13th place in our store’s Wednesday sales. It’s time for some serious house-cleaning at Marvel–they really need to find someone who has a clue about what readers want to see."

"Strong sales of 80s and early 90s DCs–Question, Superman, Batman, Justice League, and Flash in particular."

"Retail variant for Batman/TMNT Adventures with rarest Harley Quinn cover ever produced= huge week,selling almost 4 times the amount of the next best issue sold for the week…which also happens to be another Batman book.All the Marvel books that started this week with new #1’s did really well considering the lack of love lately from Marvel…might want to still put out a Boba Fett ongoing…just saying."

"Same as last week…more Wolverine and more X-Men sold on the back-issue front.People want what the want and it is Mutants and not Inhumans…sorry!!!"

"Only two Marvel titles managed to make it into the top ten for us this week. Invincible Iron Man 1 and Star Wars Poe Dameron 8. Invincible still was beat by 6 DC titles even though five of those DC titles were not first issues. Black Panther World of Wakanda 1 did terrible sales wise. Didn’t not even come close to cracking the top ten. Way over ordered. Meaning we lost money on that title. Same with Clone Conspiracy 2. After the previous two issues that tied into it people fled from the title. Dan Slott said it was going to be a big deal but readership isn’t believing it now. Really need Marvel to correct the direction they are going. DC sells well and now Marvel is completely the opposite. I keep thinking Marvel has hit bottom sales wise but I keep getting proved wrong. Which means we are losing money with Marvel product. All Star Batman 4 still selling strong. Best selling book of the week. It is now outselling the main Batman title here."

"Good sales for a smallish week. 50/50 split of BigTwo titles. Bat-books take the top two spots. Flash, Action, and Wonder Woman fill out #s 4, 5, and 6. Invincible Iron Man is Marvel’s best performing book and our #3 seller of the week. Though, honestly, I expected better. As I did for World of Wakanda which did not make the list. Or even come close, really. It bums me out that Marvel’s best selling titles this week will most likely end up as unread long box filler."

"Doom Patrol, naturally, has been Young Animal’s biggest success so far. #3 was just shy of making the top ten. Mother Panic did not fare nearly as well. Mosaic? Solo? I’m not exactly sure why these books exist.
While Superman and Action Comics have certainly done well since Rebirth, the extended SuperFamily titles have done very poorly. I can’t really imagine long runs for New Super-Man or Superwoman."

"DC dominance strikes back with one of last week’s books (Batman #10) still on this week’s top ten and beating out most of the new Marvel books. Since we didn’t qualify for unlocking the variants for Marvel’s Now Invincible Iron Man #1 it barley cracked the top ten for us. So Marvel needs to crank out tons of variants to take market share..Kinda of sad!"

>and it was Clone Conspiracy in spot 10.
> and finally Clone Conspiracy, which hasn’t really caught on near the numbers we expected.

>Same with Clone Conspiracy 2. After the previous two issues that tied into it people fled from the title. Dan Slott said it was going to be a big deal but readership isn’t believing it now.

Thanks for the info.

Good to see the DC's Rebirth books continue to sell well, even if i would reserve any optimism after i will know next month's Diamond sales's reference. Though good news afterall.

That Luppachino art, though. :) I'm not even reading Superwoman, and I read it for the art.

Learn to greentext and archive.is faggot.

what can marvel do

>I'm not even reading Superwoman, and I read it for the art.

What did he mean by this?

What any company should do, give their customers what they want

BUTTHURT MARLEL FAGS BTFO

>We are seeing NO interest in Riri as Iron Man so far
GOOD

To be fair though, that's just one store saying it. On the other hand, if out of 8 stores (18 if all of Graham Crackers' locations are counted) Invincible Iron Man #1 didn't take the top spot then I guess there might be a problem.

This is only company wars if you take sides . Otherwise it's just letting you know what people are selling

DC's resurgence, Marvel's floundering sales, and the fucking Presidential election.

Will Marvel stop trying to use identity politics to get sales and attention? Or will they double down it? How low do sales have to go before the Mouse intervenes?

>, and the fucking Presidential election.

There's been upset's and surprises in almost every area of life this year. 2016 has been great there's no way 2017 can even compete

>the fucking Presidential election

This is an outlier - being as the victory is based on a system rewarding the 50 states as equivalent when no one really believes in that any longer except for the people who maintain power or control on that basis (irrespective of party). The person who won the electoral vote lost the popular vote.

Your other point - the rise of DC and the fall of Marvel are based on popularity, as defined by sales. OTOH, the presidential election is decided by a system that would be akin by saying the most popular movies at the 10 largest theater chains get one point per chain and the one with 6 points or more is determined to be the highest grossing (best?) movie that week/year.

It's absurd to view it in terms of popularity/sales.

I think there is some overlap.

They both have their crowds dismiss criticism and different viewpoints with "ur a bigot" and only care about gender, sexual orientation, or race

I'd find this more plausible if they included even one Los Angeles store. As it stands, there's only one store essentially west of Kansas, and it's in San Diego. According to Diamond figures, the most LCS per capita are in Vegas. LA has numerous ones, including Golden Apple and Meltdown. This isn't even talking about stores int the North West.

I'm not saying I mistrust this information - I am saying that I would have a lot more belief and would feel Bleeding Cool is being more credible than just using this small a sample, even if one of them is a chain.

>gender, sexual orientation, or race

Marvel panders, there's no doubt about that - they've openly admitted to it. And there are certainly sites that try to sell the Marvel is better because they are more inclusive, but the Big 2 both have problems - it's just that DCs are based more on editorial staff and gossip thereon, mistakes they've made being more publicized (e.g. DC getting way more shit over the Super Hero 'girls' initiative than Marvel ever gets for refusing to green light a Black Widow as one simple example), but you can't really compare the Big 2 war to this year's election that simply.

>2016 has been great
Especially if you're Stan Lee.

He's going to die in December. It will be 2016's final gift

>Renew Your Vows not in the top 10
>clone boogaloo makes it in
Fucking plebians.

I think the best way to look at it is this:

Let's take this week's article as an example. One retailer said that Mother Panic #1 outsold the new Marvels for that week for them. Another retailer said Mother Panic didn't do well for them. That doesn't tell you anything about Mother Panic.

But if most of the retailers are saying that Rebirth is doing well for them while Marvel isn't, then it's pretty safe to say this is happening elsewhere with Marvel's stuff.

And it's not like "DC is doing great/okay but Marvel is having problems" is limited to just those retailers who talk to Rich. Different retailers on Twitter who don't talk to Rich echo the same thing.

That's what your grandkid will say to his grandkid.

Guess we know who won't replace 616-8 Peter and MJ.

Oh yeah I forgot all about that. It's hilarious that even when they try and bring the marriage back OMD is still tanking Spider-Man sales to this day

Not neccesarily. These were the sales on Lois and Clark:

90 - SUPERMAN: LOIS AND CLARK ($3.99)
10/2015: Lois & Clark #1 -- 35,009 [35,991]
11/2015: Lois & Clark #2 -- 22,898 (- 36.4%)
12/2015: Lois & Clark #3 -- 21,630 (- 5.5%)
01/2016: Lois & Clark #4 -- 23,766 (+ 9.9%)
02/2016: Lois & Clark #5 -- 22,775 (- 4.2%)
03/2016: Lois & Clark #6 -- 17,846 (- 21.6%)

Oops, also forgot:

04/2016: Lois & Clark #7 -- 20,172 (+ 13.0%)
05/2016: Lois & Clark #8 -- 18,284 (- 9.4%)

Remember that this book was spun out of Convergence and revealed the Pre-FP Superman and Lois entered the New 52 Universe and then took over as of Rebirth.

>Dan Slott said it was going to be a big deal but readership isn’t believing it now.
Good. Fuck Slott.

>even when they try and bring the marriage back
If you could even call it "try". All they did was set aside a new "what if?" universe to appease the complainers.

I don't get the aversion some people have to alternate universes. Wouldn't you rather have a book with a lower chance of getting fucked over by some big event comic?

>Strong sales of 80s and early 90s DCs–Question
When the fuck is my boy Vic coming back?

>1. Detective Comics #944
> 2. All-Star Batman #4
> 3. Flash #10
> 4. Action Comics #967
> 6. Wonder Woman #10
> 7. Batman/TMNT Adventures #1
> 9. Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps #8
Hello again, my children.

>another popular vote shitter
Oh my fucking God, just give up, you lost accept it.

>Buccellato and Diggle selling as much as Marvel
They better add that to their resumes.
>Dr Strange was a great movie
Eh...

>Mosaic? Solo? I’m not exactly sure why these books exist.

Hello, based Didio. I'm happy everytime I see you in this threads

>give their customers what they want
Real Thor
Steve no nazy/hydra captain america
Tony Stark Ironman
Bruce Banner Hulk
Richard Nova
Peter Parker and Mary Jane together in 616
Don´t try to push inhumans in everything
X-men fighting bad guys instead of virus, clouds or inhumans
Cyclops and Real Wolverine back as good guys
Fantastic Four family back
Kitty Pride stop trying to fuck space in guardians of the galaxy and drop starlord faggotry
Avengers with real avengers (no woman thor, no baby wasp, no black captain america, etc.)
Legacy characers to have at least something to do with establish characerts (spiderman, ms marvel, nova, etc.)
Eddy Brock Venom
Not using thanos in every comic

>Eddy Brock Venom
Go away, grandpa. Agent Venom is more modern and relatable.

See and raise:
No sjw shit
No decompression
No events

but she's not drawing Superwoman right?

Right, Jimenez is. Dodson does variants. No idea what the fuck was user on.

Cool

Batman Tmnt isn't published by DC

Seems like it's the same 7 or 8 DC books every week. Good retention, or just bias from a small sample size?

It's an inter-company crossover, so it counts.

>just bias from a small sample size?
Yes, user. BC and a bunch of comic shops are lying, they want you to be angry.

Are you truly that retarded? Or is Sup Forums just that bad at reading comprehension? You really think a tiny sample size of 8 stores with customers that buy the same books every month is at all representative of the greater whole?

>if I don't like what they say, their opinion is not valid
OK.

A simple "yes" would have sufficed

So, what's your method for knowing the sales of a book? Asking absolutely all the comic shops in USA?

Marvel flagman title losing to Flash
Feelsbadman

>You really think a tiny sample size of 8 stores with customers that buy the same books every month is at all representative of the greater whole?

Considering those same stores were saying that DC titles were selling badly last year?

Yes.

>So, what's your method for knowing the sales of a book?
Looking at the *actual sales numbers*?
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

But user, Comichron isn't saying Marvel dominates the top 10! They're liars too!

>*actual sales numbers*

Preorders aren't actual sales to customers.

>LCS Orders=/=LCS Sales

pretend these past 2 years never happened

Several of those books don't deserve those spots.

This

kek mahvel blown the fuck out

Not wanting Anti-Venom Eddie