Why was the first season so good compared to the rest?

Why was the first season so good compared to the rest?

Darabont

Season 3 was better than season 1.

Because it was actually suspenseful.
People were hiding from 5 undead, because if not they were fucking.
Now they are mowing them down in 2 minutes with call of duty weapons with no regard for bullets or food

enid going back and forth everywhere on her own is so lame

Why was the first episode so much better than the rest?

It had the the same director as shawshank redemption and a large budget.

First two seasons were good, then despite the financial success of these first two seasons, the studio cut the budget AND increased the length of each season in the ultimate Kike manouver, resulting in seasons 3+ being slow, boring, and limited to a handful of locations.

Because of based Shane

Shane

because it was about zombies and not le humans are the real monster meme

Fpbp

darabont and larger budget

>First season
uhh you mean first episode?

not as many niggers. not as much grrlpower.

Fpbp

How can people watch "Vatos" or the season finale and praise the first season so much?

i doped it when they let the CDC blow up, why didnt they just pick up some fuel and feed the generators ? because fuck you that is why.

It had direction.

They had a definite goal. Reach destination X.

Other seasons are just them surviving and wandering around and it without a set goal it just got boring so fast.

tell me one tv show where thats not the case

What was the exact moment when this show jumped the shark?

>Little girls making head shots in the prison.
>"Look at the flowers Lizzie" ripping off the ending of Of Mice and Men
>Glenn's miraculous dumpster diving incident.
>Terminus
>The first appearance of Negan
>The Trash Gang

There's probably a lot more stuff I'm forgetting

Political correctness wasn't a concern

>There's probably a lot more stuff I'm forgetting
CGI tiger?

>first two seasons were good
>Implying season 2 was good

Season two was terrible, especially if you were watching it while it was still airing since you had to wait week after week just to see if they'd finally conclude that stupid sophia plot.

>increased episode count with roughly the same budget of season 1
>entire season consists of the group looking for sophia and other dumb bullshit no one cares about

There was a zombie in the fucking well and they actually thought the water would be okay to drink as long as they could get him out, despite him being all bloated and covered in wounds. How the fuck can you defend season 2 when it was filled with stupid shit like that? Season 1 wasn't perfect by any means but don't even try to put season 2 on the same level as 1.

> then despite the financial success of these first two seasons, the studio cut the budget AND increased the length of each season

They did this after the first season, what the fuck are you talking about?

Trash autists for sure. Season 7 was already very flawed but that shit just pushed it over the top.

And it could have easily been fixed if they just talked normally, people wouldn't have had issues with them then.

this
I don't know why season 3 gets so much shit these days, I remember everyone praising it when it was first airing. Aside from Andrea and the finale it was pretty good.

It was only 6 episodes and the pacing was decent.

Go back and watch It, it was always bad.

I don't think season 2 is good but the zombie in the well thing is fine, even if the water isn't drinkable right away you should still get it out

I stand by every single word I said. Fuck you and your "facts".

why does reddit like season 5