You have had your pitch for an animated show accepted and it can either be on CN or Adult Swim

You have had your pitch for an animated show accepted and it can either be on CN or Adult Swim.

Which one do you choose and why Sup Forums?

adult swim because I'd get more freedom

Adult swim, I don't want to have to tone down my content for kids.

adult swim, they let you get away with anything

CN, every episode would open with a *subtle* foot shot

this, but it seems like adult swim forces you to be super edgy and profane/violent these days. what happened to the days of clever TV-PG rated comedy like home movies, early aqua teen and harvey birdman, and space ghost?

CN even at my darkest and edgiest episodes the stuff i draw and write never goes beyound what billy and mandy managed to do in CN

Adult Swim

William Street is willing to take more chances. They're willing to give you a little more freedom (in addition to the freedom of more mature television rating).

CN makes their money on toys, where [as] makes money on the "iconography". Is your show cool and weird enough to put on a t-shirt? Does the show have enough of a following that they can make some change slapping your character on anything they can sell on their online store?

Season 1 CN
Season 2 [as]

I only want the show I'm working on right now to have two seasons, and the second one would have a slightly different atmosphere starting with the S1 finale.

Adult Swim, not necessarily because of content restriction (I could probably tone it down to the upper limit of what CN considers acceptable without harming it much) but because less risk of sudden management shifts causing stupid shit to happen and less focus on a toy line. I guess budget could be a bit of an issue for the action pitches but necessity is the mother ingenuity and all that.

Most of my ideas are too "sane" for AS

aqua teens got super violent fast. Really these were shows for stoners. That was the point. College kids would get high and watch the show about the talking food

Probably [as]. My dream cartoon pitch would be a mix between low-animation mundane SOL scenes and high-concept over the top fucked up dream sequences, which would be right at home over at [as].

It'd probably get cancelled after two seasons for not having enough penis jokes.

The closest thing they have to that right now would be Mike Tyson Mysteries.

CN, i can make an actual show and not a 11min fart joke to appeal to white stoners.

Cartoon Network. My level of content would be easily fit within, say, Steven Universe's standards, so and adult rating is unneeded, and they seem to afford their shows a higher budget and more seasons.

my ultimate dream TV show would start off like a regular kids cartoon where the main character is aware that he lives in a world of fiction and as the series progresses he becomes more nihilistic and cynical towards his life and eventually becomes a full on sociopath with no friends.
By the end of the show it'll progress into basically Taxi Driver: The Animated Series only with very little dialog.
It'll be super pointless and artsy so I would accept Adult Swim

Looks boring as fuck.

I wanted to make a cartoon about growing up in highschool each season being a part of life. Half and half, if I was forced to AS since it won't get consumed by TTG

Cartoon Network, because I wouldn't be proposing more Fox reruns.

>Steven Universe's standards
So it'd be the single most fucked up show on the network, but with just abstract enough storytelling that nobody would notice?

Basically, yeah.

I had an idea for a villain tells a helpless captive, "Ever seen 'Johnny Got His Gun'?" and then the captive is never seen again.

Quantum Leap concept where some guy jumps from a Cartoon Network show to another. Old school shows and current shows

AS because it will have PG-13 violence and girls with(big) tits

Probably AS just so I wouldn't have to associate with the people who make CN shows

It's a show about dreams and nightmares and helping kids get through their fears
Every episode has a new art style for each and every different dream, which is honestly going to be the most taxing part of this project
It's essentially a magical girl type situation, with elements that you'd find in Yume Nikki or more recently Flip Flappers
Essentially there's this group of people who can enter dreams and therapeutically solve problems by entering other people's dreams, that group of people made some sort of society of agents that fix major problems if major problems exist
The MC is the daughter of a very powerful delver, someone who dives into dreams (that doesn't have to be what they're called), and also the granddaughter of an extremely influential person within the group- Think previous grand chancellor or high court type person
The plot is essentially there's a new kid who moves to town and gets caught up in the hijinks of the MC because her little brother seems to exhibit the same sort of symptoms that have been plaguing other townsfolk and they eventually find out the cause and fix it through dreams
They also meet another girl who makes a really good delver and the three girls each have a special quality about the way they dream that makes them suited towards specific tasks
There's also some sort of other dream cabal that is causing the nightmares so they can rules the world through mind control/subtly influencing people by making them think they want to do certain things
Also, the popular girl who antagonizes people because she's rich and because she can gets caught up in the cabal because she's also a decent delver, but really she's not evil she just got approached by one group before the other due to the fact that she's such a jerk to them IRL

I've got some other ideas I could put in there, but it's really the only cartoon that I could see airing on CN
I'm tripping because I really like this idea and I'd hate for anyone to steal it

>Every episode has a new art style

>How to get you idea dropped by execs in less than 5 min!

>im working on
P I T C H B I B L E
I
T
C
H

B
I
B
L
E

Phrasing issue?

Lay those protips on me. I'm feeling really productive and I'd better know more sooner.

no i mean post yours m8

depends there's two different shorts i'd like to do but cartoon network would fuck over with censorship and weird rules while adult swim would fuck over with being forced into stoner material and everything current lazzo