THE EXTINCTION OF KINO AS WE KNOW IT THANKS TO ADVANCES IN PIRACY

>The year is 2040
>worldwide fiber connections, Bittorrent 2.0 and other competing p2p protocols have been developed with perfect anonymity and security, making piracy have zero consequences.
>piracy has destroyed almost all film profits as computing power, server space, and p2p technology have made it so there's simply no point in paying for movies or TV anymore because it all gets posted online in 4K HDR quality within seconds of release
>Netflix, Amazon, Apple and every film studio has had their movies posted online and people decide not to pay en masse.
>indie content also gets posted online because pirates shamelessly just post everything that has any kind of small online or DVD release
>only films being made are variants of Capeshit and Transformers
>President Eric Trump calls for legislation to help hundreds of thousands of destitute film industry workers receive training and develop skills to help them find work in other industries.

Congrats, Sup Forums

You have just destroyed the film industry with your piracy. There's nothing but the lowest kind of entertainment being made now. Kino is extinct.

How do you feel now?

Fine

Piracy is fucking dead though. And not everyone wants a russian coin miner either.

Good

Hollywood is fucking trash

>Congrats, Sup Forums
>You have just destroyed the film industry with your piracy. There's nothing but the lowest kind of entertainment being made now. Kino is extinct.
>How do you feel now?

Don't care lmao

You have 90 years of back catalogue though, more than you could ever get through in 10 lifetimes

I am perfectly fine with the film industry collapsing. Its run by a bunch of kikes in hollywood who want to shove feminist and leftist nonsense in to every part of every movie they make.

I literally do not give a single fuck about the film industry.

It's called evolution.
Technology has progressed such that digital filmmaking is no longer profitable.

The era of playwrights came and went, as did the era of opera, and now film, it seems.
Another form of entertainment will pick up the slack if these guys don't.

i actually hope this happens now instead of 2040 because I couldn't give less of a shit if liberal arts majors can't make their African vaginal worship LGBTBBQXPLOL tranny art films.

Guess what, conservative films tank too. There's not as many, but if the industry goes, they're gone too, user. What will you come to Sup Forums for then?

>conservative films tank too
That's fine by me. I literally do not care about the film industry at this point.

Politics in movies, (even politics I agree with), need to fuck off.

he said the whole industry, you dumb leftard.

checked

Cool. Maybe movies will be so shit by then that people will start picking up their own cameras and making movies for the art of it instead of the profit. By then (((they))) will have a different money making scheme. Or they will just make chinese movies since they get executed for piracy. Or maybe they will focus on the theater-going experience to sell their movies, and theaters won't sell popcorn for 8 dollars a handful. Fuck movies

How ever did they survive before home video became a thing?

They were made on the cheap and were script driven instead of effects driven. Piracy will make kino great again

Wherever ease of access improves and prices drop (Netflix - subscription model with large number of shows/films) piracy drops too.

$15, or even $50 a month for 2/3 subscription services is absolutely nothing for anyone with a job.

>$15, or even $50 a month for 2/3 subscription services is absolutely nothing for anyone with a job.

Even with a job. Why pay this when the same shit is a click away?

Do you people just like giving your money away?

You know how I can tell you're a goy?

Film industry died a long time ago, I'm just burying the corpse

This kind of opinions happen because people have no idea how the industry works.

Fpbp

It is about convenience. But having a wall of content that you can scroll through and (legally) view for very little money is exactly what your average consumer wants. Piracy increases when they get too expensive, or content is split between too many. Right now they have the right balance to convince most people to pay rather than pirate.
Because I'm not a deluded neet? I pirate myself

..yes i see but he said he doesn't care strictly because it's run by leftists, which i find silly.
also, i vote republican :^)
>Politics in movies, (even politics I agree with), need to fuck off.

this clarification eases my pain
go flush your own head in a toilet, nerd

You have a point. Spotify literally killed music piracy where I'm from, but I doubt it will ever happen with movies/tv. You already see Netflix making their own content.

>$40 a month for your phone
>$90 a month for your internet
>$10 a month for your netflix
>$10 a month for your wifes son's disney streaming subscription
>$10 a month for your game of thrones
>$10 a month for your music
>$10 a month for your microsoft word

Torrents have zero impact on movies. Literally none at all. The people who torrent movies were never going to go and see those movies in the theater in the first place.

I go for the theater experience, and yet I torrent shit I would never be caught dead seeing in the theater.

>phone plan doesn't include music
get with the times gramps

>not forming syndicates with your friends and family where you share passwords and each only pay for one service

>$90 a month for Internet.
>$70 a year for VPN.

Done.

So, nothing changes?

Communism wins again.

>>$90 a month for your internet

>using UTorrent

Good. Movies will have to be pre-financed by the likes of kike-starter which will increase the direct control people have over content and increase the number of niche movies produced instead of this one size fits all tactic Hollyjew is employing.

This. Hope it won't take until 2040 though.

So no more big budget board room blockbusters made for the sake of rehashing the same shit? Fine by me?

>go to download a song or movie
>it takes like three hours to finish
>play it
>hear Bill Clinton talking
>"My fellow Americans, I would once again like to say I did not have sexual relations with that woman, I did however go to ifreestuff where they offer hundreds of free..."
>rage close out of the application

One day I am going to dub Alien: Covenant with some Kenny Powers dialogue. Make the movie God intended.

>tfw you destroyed Hollywood without leaving your basement
Feels good man. Wait what's that? Oh it's the sound of my lolibot finishing her firmware update.

More like

>go to download a song or movie
>it takes like three hours to finish
>play it
>it's a R@ygold video.
>fap

DRM kills kino. Not piracy.

suhweet !

hah, in 2040 the internet will be so regulated that normies will only have real access to about 5000 main sites, the rest you will have to tunnel into through ToR or something similar.

regulated by whom?

ISPs collaborating with whatever content providers. FAST TRACK shit.

Hollywood is dying. Film making is not dying.

Once the (((industry))) is dead we can finally enjoy a slew of independent films made by artists with a vision, like Die Hard, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Deadpool.

search engine algorithms etc. where do you think normies go to find stuff?

take a count of how many unique web pages(discounting blogs and clickbait article websites) you have visited in the past year, the answer might surprise you.

I don't care, I still have millions of movies already released that I can download and watch anytime I want. I never understood why people feel they can only watch new things and not old ones that haven't seen.

The studios are too greedy. Band under one platform and charge a reasonable price per episode/movie and people would be more open to paying

awesome

99% of the slop that gets produced is utter garbage that you wouldn't want to watch more than once anyway.

The few films I actually have enjoyed in the recent years, I actually went to the cineplex to enjoy before torrenting.

Most of us here are probably dead in 2040 so who gives a fuck

That's a lie they just want moar like always.

1991: Terminator 2
Budget $102 million
Box office $519.8 million
2009: Avatar
Budget $237 million
Box office $2.788 billion

Lucky Quints of absolute truth

>the death of the big budget shitty franchises
where do i sign

>$2.788 billion with this shit movie

we could literally live all our lives watching public domain movies

There will never be another movie to go into the public domain.

then again it's pretty clear the users don't acknowledge any authority to stop them from pirating and there's no enforcement. Maybe everything is public domain.

piracy is like 2 percent of loses, the most films loses when it comes to money is advertising budgets
5.99 million was spend on marketing the god awful mess transformers the last knight
image if they spent that on good writers or just fired bay

Why are americans so cucked? I'm paying 5 euros a month for 50/10 internet. Could go up to 250/50 for 15 euros but this is already more than I need.

How so? what happens when copyright expires?

Copyrights have been extended every 30-50 years to protect disney IP. Copyrights may never expire ever again.

God you type with the voice of a raging faggot. It's pathetic.

It costs a fraction of what it used to cost to make a movie now.

Netflix streaming subscriptions cover it.

>netflix
>around in 2040
lmao

>50 a month for internet
>20 a month for a dedicated server you can install plex, calibre and other programs in
>download every show, movie and book you might ever want
>share plex and calibre links with your family
>unlimited Sup Forums and /lit/ for everyone while not using your IP to pirate anything

True master race.

netflix will start going under, get bought out by some big conglomorate for its brand. They'll push the brand for another 10-15 years and by then it'll be a drag and they'll fuck with their image until its unrecognizable and gets retired.

>5.99 million was spend on marketing the god awful mess transformers the last knight

Hate to break it to you, but a medium sized movie can spend upwards of 40 million on Advertising, a large movie can double that. Transformers would have spent close to 80 mil on Advertising alone as marketing is costly as fuck now.

It's one of the reasons why a costly movie can make serious bank, yet still fall short and be considered a flop. The amount they spend on advertising is costing about 1/2 that of what they spent on the film itself.

That's a nice prediction.

>kikes keep making shit, so I pirate
>kikes get no shekels
>kikes decide to stop making shit, and go back to making good, well thought-out, creative content

See, I can do it too.

Or just get a VPN, it's a lot cheaper.

You need halfway decent CPU usage for video transcoding for plex for example.

Also I use the server to host a couple of websites and a couple game servers as well, so I dont mind paying a bit more and getting 16gb ram and stuff.

VPN is still better, cheaper in the long run too. Christ you can get 2 years from NordVPN for $75, and it's no logging, encrypted, has onion nodes, and allows multi connections.

Depends on how you're using it. VPNs give you pretty shit CPU and RAM most of the time and not customizable enough for my taste.

I am at a constant usage of about 8GB ram or so with all the stuff I run on my server.

Getting 4TB space, 16gb ram and a good processor you know you're using only for yourself at all times is worth the price difference to me.

What? A VPN doesn't give you shit other than a locational IP. You don't get ram or a CPU out it. It just allows you to use a different IP. That way you don't get letters from your ISP because they can no longer tell what you're downloading.

Exactly, a VPN and a dedi server are two completely different things, so why would a VPN be an alternative to a proper dedicated server.

Because it's cheaper, and accomplishes the same end goals. Watching shit without getting in shit.

>accomplishes the same end goals

Not really, if I need to run game servers and websites 24/7, and not host anything on my pc at all. Otherwise I'd have to leave my pc running to be able to watch stuff on plex on my TV either way.

>that's what butthurt actually believe

cry more

>Otherwise I'd have to leave my pc running to be able to watch stuff on plex on my TV either way.

Not to mention if you're hosting Plex for your whole family your connection would go to shit whenever your asshole little brother feels like watching some shit show and everyone would be leeching off your CPU at all times.

Running plex on your own pc would be pretty shit, dont listen to VPN goy.

What kind of shitty computer do you have? I only have an i7 and 16 gig of ram and can easily have someone watch a show off my computer while I'm also watching a show or playing a game.

The problem is he'd have to always be running 8gb+ ram of game servers and other hosting software on top of what you may run for yourself and having to be sure you never ever restart your PC, plus people will make you lag because of have 20+ people playing on servers plus family watching shows and so on. Plus having all those programs open at all times is simply annoying.

Its fine if you dont need a dedi personally bruv, but its extremely more convenient not to have to depend on your PC at all, and 20 bucks a month for all that isnt too bad.