He doesn't collect floppies

>he doesn't collect floppies
>he buys the hardcovers

It's okay OP, I too have a collection that is 90% worthless 80s and 90s shit, there's no need to be ashamed.

You are goddamn right.
Sup Forums story times are a God's gift to this awful board and makes it easy for me to know what trades to buy.

Dat sabretooth die-cut cover tho

I do both.

>he buys floppies
>he doesn't collect the hardcovers

I'm gonna copy that floppy, try and stop me yabitch.

I collected floppies of OMAC, Machine Man, Devil Dinosaur, the first volume of Nova, the original Omega the Unknown, and Earth X.
I sold them all once I realized I mostly kept them bagged and slabbed after the first time I read them.
Although laying out the mosaic covers for Earth X was worth it
I still like buying floppies from quarter bins, but I also like DC Archive Editions, especially those with Golden Age and Silver Age material that's valuable enough to be impractical to buy the original copies to just read.

I buy floppies for series that are short, or for runs/characters I really love (I'll probably always buy Flash as floppies, for example) but everything else is cheaper/more convenient to get collected.

Sidenot: in terms of reading comfort and value for money it's like this:

OHCs/large TPBs > small omnibuses (< 20 issues) > trades > regular omnibuses

I really don't understand the Omnibus obsession. They're big, heavy, and a pain to read.

Same here.

They look noice in the shelf, that's about it.

Floppies suck, what the hell is wrong with you people?

I grab floppies for my favorite runs and to support my LCS and specific artists and writers but get TPB when i want to collect that whole series

how tf are you supposed to afford that monthly expense. I can't even get the all the TBPs I want. sometimes I'll buy the monthly if its something that needs sales but I can't imagine doing that every month...

Ive got a good paying job and not many other expenses, my car is paid for, i rent out my basement to friends which covers my house and i dont play video games or have any other expensive hobbies, im pretty much normie besides for being balls deep into comics and i have been ever since 99 when i was 8

>spend 5 bucks on a floppy
>spend 10 bucks on a tp

tough choice

I don't have any direct and cheap way to buy floppies, and HCs usually cover a lot of issues so I'm not really seeing a downside

I collect current stuff in floppies and old stuff in trades, I'm 5 years in and running out of space

>americans literally sell comics in plastic pouches so they don't have to read them

>not just downloading everything

You bag and board them after you've read them, do you know how that works?

and what indies and obscurities that are worth supporting.

im an hardcover man now

Also oneshots. The only floppies I do look out for are the annuals.

Are you literally made of money?

I love US floppies, and whenever I stumble on one, I just get it, because it's rare enough.
I live in a middle sized town in the middle of France, so we do have comic book shops, but very little US comics (bigger cities do though).

However I just order US TP online for my fav series because ordering floppies is not convenient.

Our equivalent of floppies are press releases, translated into French, which regroup several series. For instance for 5-6€ there is a Batman mensual which regroups one issue of Batman, Dective Comics, and whatever else there is or they feel like putting in there, like Son of Robin or Batgirl, etc
I'd rather read comics in English and besides those are usually a few month late on the current US run, but I have to admit these are a good deal and are convenient, especially when it's a special issue press release that regroups several issues of a single series or one-shots etc, so those press releases represent 80% of my collection. Especially considering I can find a lot them for a buck or two in flea markets.

I love collecting varients

Don't copy that floppy