What went wrong? Middle ahead?

What went wrong? Middle ahead?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/boards/threads/why-are-there-2-different-king-neptunes-in-spongebob.202726791/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck meant to say "middle age"

Dam autocorrect

Turn it off, and never use again.

I think there are two different Neptunes, the Roman God Neptune who is on the left, and King of the Sea Neptune on the right.

The "Neptune's Spatula" incarnation of Neptune appears briefly in "SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget".
A picture of King Neptune, as seen in "Neptune's Spatula", is shown in "Krusty Towers". Squidward refers to this Neptune as "Neptune XIV", suggesting that there are multiple King Neptunes, and possibly explaining his inconsistent appearance.
In "The Clash of Triton", the version of King Neptune from "Neptune's Spatula" appears with John O' Hurley voicing him once more.

Judging by his different appearances, it's reasonable conclude that Neptune is actually two different characters, with the first one referring to the Roman deity of the same name, and the second one works as the actual King of SpongeBob's underwater world. Their different places of living and the fact that he doesn't know SpongeBob, reinforces this theory.

Another possible explanation is that he has gotten older from the show to the movie resulting in his loss of hair, because Stephen Hillenburg did establish that the movie does take place after the series.

One is poseidon one is neptune

Your explanation makes sense but I would've preferred it if t they just used the show Neltune in the movie.

The show Neptune was more badass, and was less of a bumbling moron than the movie one.

Mother fucker you really just gonna plagiarize forum posts?

ign.com/boards/threads/why-are-there-2-different-king-neptunes-in-spongebob.202726791/
Post #9

I call samefag. No way you memorized a post from IGN so well.

TURN IT OFF

EVERY DAY I SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT A FEATURE THAT YOU CAN TURN FUCKING OFF AND NONE OF YOU EVER DO

IF IT'S CAUSING YOU TROUBLE, GET RID OF IT

You have no idea how lazy an average person is.

I didn't memorize it. It's the first thing that comes up in google when you type in "spongebob 2 neptunes"

The male balding epidemic
Same with the manlet pandemic

I think Hillenburg disclosed the movie takes place 20-something years after the show so Neptune being an old fart actually makes sense, though it could just be his successor or a simple design goof.

They never used Mindy again did they? Scarlett Johannsen's come a long way...

Hillenburg never said that. That's an unsourced statement on Wikia and fan sites that was somehow attributed to him.

However, even though he didn't actually say it, it can logically be assumed the movie takes place after the series, since Plankton puts his final plan in motion, SpongeBob finally grows up (somewhat), Mr. Krabs opens a Krusty Krab 2, and Plankton is sent to jail at the end, presumably once and for all (he really went off the deep end in the movie, whatnot with enslaving everyone)

When the final episode of the show is released, it may be a lead-in to the movie, where Plankton puts Plan Y into motion. The plan should be epic, but of course, not quite as epic as Plan Z.

Did anyone else hate Mindy?

She was cliche and more of a story prop and an excuse for celebrity voices than an actual character. At least Jeffrey Tambor and to a lesser extent Alec Baldwin added some flavor to their characters.

Well we know it's post series at least because of KK2 opening and Spongebob's character arc ending with him becoming manager. I wonder now Hillenburg is back he'll do an episode set after the movie, maybe in the shows finale?

Dennis was great, I completely forgot about him. Another character that'd be cool to bring back. Guess Baldwin will be too busy impersonating Trump on SnL for the next 4 years though. .shame I like his voice acting.

Yknow, Steve seems to be one of those creators who's kind of secretive and doesn't really give interviews or make public appearances that often.

He seems more devoted to spending time with his family, which I think is admirable.

Yeah but the post movie episodes start with plankton in prision alluding that they take place after the first movie.

Also there is another episode post movie were we see the first Neptune and he lives in different place that the king on the movie. He is also shown to be more like a god that a simple king.

I got lazy, didn't feel like writing the entire thing when I found a comment that typed it exactly how I would've.

Besides, that IGN post is like 7 years old, who gives a shit?

I think they did that because they didn't want all of the stupidity jokes exclusive to Spongebob and Patrick, still, it was lousy.