When will they admit their mistake and go back?

When will they admit their mistake and go back?

Carol was never good.

Never. Marvel will keep trying to force Carol. Problem is, they have no idea what makes her good.

The problem with the new outfit is that the aesthetics make her look like a powermonger rather than a hand in need.

But the old outfit is just a black yoga suit with a Halloween face mask.

It's a lose-lose situation

Marvel is not DC, if what they are doing with Carol now is not working they will shelve her for a while and try a different thing and not just pander to nostalgic faggots.

Carol should emulate Supergirl or power girl
And not wonder woman

They should give the suit to someone more deserving.

That costume will never not look stupid.

She's like 40 years old, that's way too old for a leotard

She doesn't have the ass for it.

It's just not a very good costume though. I actually like her new look, it's everything else that's the problem.

Doesn't she sell well?

Never, but Marvel should really change her costume. I think the current one could work with the black and yellow color scheme

>19k even with CW2 pushing her

Nope

They won't. They fail to understand Carol. All the things they did was to create a whole new character but carrying the name of Carol Danvers. The best Carol was and could have been was Busiek's Avengers and Reed's Ms. Marvel.

Out of all the ones she's had, the EMH/scarf costume is easily the best.

If I got the chance, though, I'd like to give her a costume that combined all her previous costumes. Basic design and color layout of the EMH one, blue-instead-of-black and pants from the current one, and the lightning bolt from the black one. Plus I'd keep the Hala star, but have it made out of negative space in the upper part of her costume. And, I dunno, the hair from the very first one.
Fuck the Binary costume, though.

We have this thread every day

I find Carol's personality a bit closer to that of Peej's. Stubborn, impulsive, reckless...

Carol's definitely nowhere near Wondy.

No, it was recovering from KSD (writing and plot wise) with the Fazekas and Butters run but then they have to throw her in with the CW2 event. It's been plummeting ever since.

>Malleable body
>Ever not having an ass
Do you even Elastigirl?

I always thought of her like Empowered, a kind of punching bag character that you wanted to get past her problems. If you look past everything she still seems kind of silly, but she tries her best, maybe they can play with that angle to redeem her. She can admit she's not perfect and ask for everyone's help in putting the world back together.

A little bit of tweaking and this would seem nice. It's like Warbird + Ms Marvel.

I don't know, they can always try to mix the two.

Carol would not wear the Hala star though. Not unless she would fully embrace the Kree part of her. It was only Mar-Vell that she was loyal too. Not the Kree.

It's on half her outfits, though. I assume she wears it in tribute to him.

They can't go back: Kamala is more popular.

I think taking his mantle is enough of a tribute. She abandoned the Hala star and went for the lightning bolt for a reason. She didn't want to be associated with the Kree.

I see someone looked at Infinite Crisis concepts.

Dexter Soy had some designs I would prefer over her current flight suit.

Here's more. Black suits her.

I'd like to see an all out duel between Peej and Carol.

>you will never get a double blowjob from Carol and Kamala
>Carol won't teach her fellatio secrets to Kamala who has to practice them on your cock
>next Ms. Marvel costume will probably be a complete burka with one of those old-timey ankle-covering bathsuits underneath

crying frog dot jpg

Shit, I'd almost forgotten to take my dose. Thanks for reminding me to act like a backwards-looking manchild.

I miss CarolAss

and boobs
and curves

I feel like the red-black really emphasizes her Lawful Evil alignment and doesn't work for a character whose whole thing is trying to channel her bloodthirst for good.

She's still my favorite marvel character.

>Lawful Evil
That's exactly where I would align her. Until she goes full on Chaotic.

Absolutely Haram

> "What mistake?" - Marvel

Captain Marvel Carol Danvers > Avengers 200 when it comes to rape of Carol.

Well I mean it's not like wholesale genocide makes you exempt from being Lawful so long as it's for the benefit of your cause. She needs purpose in her life but can't find it on her own, which is why she's a good soldier. She doesn't murder for murdering's sake so much as for the advancement of something she believed in. See the latter portion of Reed's run with her second fight against Moonstone. She was at the top of her game, but left Karla alive after beating her. Were she truly chaotic, she would have ripped Karla's heart out of her chest rather than the moonstone.

I know. Carol's not far from that though. The only thing that keeps her in line is the idea of being a "hero" and being part of the Avengers and having comrades and friends she looks up to. If Karla was Brood or Skrull, she wouldn't think twice in murdering her.

Did she have the best ass in Marvel, or what?

Nope. Spidey.

She was super curvy and has prominent ass and boobs. Quite an athletic built too.

The problem isn't the new costume, nor the solution going back to the old costume.

What people are missing is how voluptuous Carol used to be and now most artists draw her as fairly small-chested and not particularly hippy. This can be resolved by the artists drawing Carol as curvy in her new costume. We can have both.

Also, the haircut. Its even less consistent than her body shape, sometimes is uber-dyke, sometimes its 50s blonde bombshell. Don't think I've seen anyone defending the butch cut so lets let it die the death it deserves and return to the long haired Carol.

Oh oh dear god, that awful helmet design please never ever return.

But lets be honest, the old swimming suit doesn't translate well to the big screen and thats all that Marvel/Disney cares about.

>Don't think I've seen anyone defending the butch cut so lets let it die the death it deserves and return to the long haired Carol.
Personally, I think that the short hair works far better with the current suit.

Long hair looks a lot better when she's in flight.

It only worked well when there was that awful helmet. They should give her back her long hair.

I feel the short hair works as long as her face is strongly feminine like pic related. Making it bony and stern in combination with the short hair is too much.

I'm not sure ISIS would let her wear something like that

Not a lot of artist can pull off a good short haired Carol though. I know she's supposed to be muscular so a long hair is an easier cheat to add femininity. Carol kinda lost the curves too when she went CM.

Mark Brooks is the best artist for Carol in the Captains outfit IMO.
Busty enough & Feminine.

RIP

I don't really like the "individual titsock" look. At least looks a bit more like how actual clothing works, though it shouldn't hug the underside as tightly.
I know the same thing applies to, like Superman, but it triggers my autism all the same.

>Daredevil looking in the correct direction

0/10

Minus the helmet, Soy has that old Carol attitude and bearing. He also kept her curves.

Short hair like in and looks good. The weird fauxhawk look is just unpleasant.

She'd be compared to Pee Gee so much with that hair lenght.

When they go back in time and make a more suitable candidate.
Mahvel wimminz are just THAT shit.

How fucking retarded are you? That was her hair length when she started out as Ms. Marvel

Cap and carol looks like they are built for each other

Marvel's so obsessed with the title.

TOO WHITE

It's a sin, user

They're more like a big bro and sis than a romantic couple.

I'd be okay with this.

You tried, user. But is much better bait.

>No Phyla
>No Noh-Varr
rrreee

This is very much the relationship I want to see played out on the big screen. Steve and Carol are brother and sister, they have alot in common, they obviously love each other while also having some healthy competitive rivalry like siblings often do, they like to pick at each other but would rip anyone else to shreds who dared seriously attack the other.

Does anyone have a copy of the scene with them ribbing each other over the army and air force rivalry?

a sibling in a different service would be maddening, blood would eventually flow

What even are her powers?

>rrreee
You fail at REEEEE-ing, user

Found it, sorry for crappy-small pic though.

*Thats* the Steve and Carol I want to see.

It's a small, disaffected "rrreeee". Not a screaming, furious "RRRREEEEEEEEE".

As Ms./Captain Marvel or as Binary?

Flying brick/beamslinger with energy absorbtion and redirection. If she absorbs enough she gets an exponential power boost and her head gets set on fire as Binary.

REEE-ing is retarded.

>Does anyone have a copy of the scene with them ribbing each other over the army and air force rivalry?

I think that's from Avengers: (War-something) ok, I forgot. I remember Jarvis being there while the two banter.

Fairly generic flight, strength, durability, energy projection.

She can also absorb energy to increase her other powers.

I'm not clear if she still possesses the Binary powerset. Once upon a time her powers were ramped up to cosmic levels, she went from a .22 revolver to an A10's brrrrrt. Now and then, depending on the writer, she can harness that power level. Personally I think it makes her a walking deus ex machina when writers gotta go back to that well.

Used to have Mar-Vell's "seventh sense" which was some weird 70s cosmic awareness, a spidey sense on a more metaphysical level. Can't recall the last time she used it though.

She's not Bishop type of energy absorption and return. Her returns adds twice or thrice to the original absorbed energy.

>I'm not clear if she still possesses the Binary powerset.
She's been using it in Ultimates so Ewing at least thinks she does

It's not full on Binary. She just reach her absorption threshold enough to turn Binary. That's not even 1/4 of the Binary that destroyed Broodworld and almost commited Brood genocide and stopping the sun from exploding.

That sounds sick

She gets fucking crazy when she's in the midst of a battle.

She's supporting a building about to fall down on pic related.

Soloing Skrull invasion in Manhattan.

Drunk Carol in a tantrum

exploitable

some of her best modern-era character development or at least acknowledgement. carol is a soldier and she was fighting in an *alien invasion*, you don't set phasers to stun during a war for survival. while some of the other heroes were still clinging to a peacetime morality she was removing the governors from her powers and going full-bore.

I'd like to see more interaction with carol and thor, i think they are more similar than it might first appear. I could see her and Sif being best buds.

>Used to have Mar-Vell's "seventh sense" which was some weird 70s cosmic awareness, a spidey sense on a more metaphysical level. Can't recall the last time she used it though.

I think the last time it was mentioned was during Ms. Marvel v1 and that was the time Carol's being taken over by a Kree warrior persona. She faints and blacks out and does not remember Ms Marvel's heroics.

>you don't set phasers to stun during a war for survival

Carol certainly does not

Most people who write Carol's stuff have no clue what kind of character she was when people actually liked her. Sure, she wasn't an A-lister or "Marvel's Wonder Woman" then, but she was at least SOMEBODY.

And i don't mean that shitty Brian Reed run with all the retcon, that one blew.

>And i don't mean that shitty Brian Reed run with all the retcon, that one blew.

You mean KSD

They should really bring back a drunk Carol.

Reed's run is almost entirely made-up stuff too. It has no connection to who Carol was in her first 35+ years of existence.

Busiek's Carol is the best one, predictably.

Yeah that's why Carol doesn't work as a long time leader or paragon figure. She's kind of a damaged fuck-up by nature and that's what makes her interesting.

Its probably why Tumblr ships her with Spider-Man so hard.

A sort of boyishly cute haircut would probably be a good compromise. Genuinely short and modern, but also aesthetically appealing and signals that she's a woman (which, the way a lot of artists draw her now, a casual could be forgiven for not immediately realizing).

She's a loyal follower to a cause but don't let her lead else she'll project that hyper discipline she usually apply to her own self. Carol's moral compass becomes non existent when you give her a position of power. Everything's bout the cause/mission by then.