Entertainment Weekly tidbits about the DC/CW TV shows

Entertainment Weekly tidbits about the DC/CW TV shows.

>Stephen Amell didn't like season 4 of ARROW and believes season 5 will be the show's last unless they can properly reinvent it.

>The midseason finale will reveal Prometheus' secret identity. He'll be a villain of Oliver's making, which will deeply affect Oliver.

>THE FLASH producers admit the payoff to the Zoom's storyline was disappointing and that they've misused time travel on the show. Flashpoint served to step back on it and and scale the narrative down.

>Grant Gustin was as confused by time travel shenanigan as everyone else.

>The midseason finale will introduce a "ticking time bomb", reveal Doctor Alchemy's secret identity and provide more backstory for Savitar, who'll first appear in episode 6 and episode 7.

>Even if Julian is Alchemy, there'll be a twist to it.

>The cast and crew of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW know that season 1 kinda' sucked and that Vandal Savage was a weak villain, and they're focusing on less serialized storytelling in season 2.

>Malcolm Merlyn and Captain Cold will join the Legion of Doom in the midseason finale. Reverse Flash is their leader and the main villain of season 2. It appears both Malcolm and Cold will be simply recruited from different points in the timeline, with Cold coming from before he joins the Legends and ultimately sacrifices himelf for them.

>The midseason finale of SUPERGIRL will introduce Cyborg-Superman, who will be a pivotal villain in season 2, and the subplot about the President being an alien in disguise will have serious ramifications. Also, it seems Kara might develop feelings for Mon-El.

>Victor Garber will be in the FLASH/SUPERGIRL musical crossover.

>The writers pay attention to fan criticism and always seek to improve on it.

So Lance is definitely not Prometheus, then.

>Malcolm Merlyn and Captain Cold will join the Legion of Doom in the midseason finale. Reverse Flash is their leader and the main villain of season 2. It appears both Malcolm and Cold will be simply recruited from different points in the timeline, with Cold coming from before he joins the Legends and ultimately sacrifices himelf for them.

This is awesome.

>>THE FLASH producers admit the payoff to the Zoom's storyline was disappointing

I mean, this is Hunter Zolomon we are talking about. He is arguably the most complex character Flash offers and you turn him into..that

>Stephen Amell didn't like season 4 of ARROW and believes season 5 will be the show's last unless they can properly reinvent it.

Good,

Why'd they even use the name Prometheus? It's not even close to the character. I'm fine with tweaking some details and changing stuff but this doesn't have any connection to him at all.

>Legion of Doom

With how LoT has tried to course correct...that's a nice fit

>>The midseason finale of SUPERGIRL will introduce Cyborg-Superman, who will be a pivotal villain in season 2, and the subplot about the President being an alien in disguise will have serious ramifications. Also, it seems Kara might develop feelings for Mon-El.
Non-trump to replace her ?

>tfw no green lantern

the twist is that the alien is a Daemonite who looks like Trump and is possessing the real President

I don't understand how anyone looked at everything after "Enter Zoom" and thought it's a good idea.
They wanted to make Zoom a sociopath, fine. In theory that's no worse than what most villains on these shows get, but was it necessary to make him a goddamn cartoon character?

Zoom isn't that complex in the end.

She'll probably get exposed, leading to even more anti-alien xenophobia. Given how "subtle" the show is, I fully expect Not!Hillary to get impeached and replaced by an evil bigoted Not!Trump.

"Yeah, okay, Jay can have his helmet, but now it's a totem for evil!"

What an inexplicable choice.

"Let's waste time making Earth-2 all retro looking, but it turns out it was actually all just to trick the audience since it's actually Earth-3! But called Earth-2"

I don't know why I ever expected anything else. This is the Flash, and they hired Draco the Ape torturer for the role.

I know senpai.

>Stephen Amell didn't like season 4 of ARROW

Stephen is doing some of his best work on Season 5 so the improvement is already showing.

>Prometheus' secret identity

It's Tommy I hope. The actor is great and I'd love to see him come back to kill Oliver over him getting Canary killed in his crusade.

> Zoom's storyline was disappointing

True especially with the time duplicates but I still wanna see Black Flash and have him maybe attack another hero like Supergirl.

>Legion of Doom

This has so much potential. They've got a group of the best villains from all the shows here.

>Cyborg-Superman

Cool but I still want Atomic Skull.

>The writers pay attention to fan criticism and always seek to improve on it.

It shows, the shows are much better this year.

They shouldn't have used Jay's name for a dumb redherring. I have no idea why they tried with mystery of Zoom's identity.

It just shows they don't respect for Wally's Flash run at all. They didn't screw up this badly for Thawne

Not on the show, yes. In the comics he's the most compelling evil speedster and much better than Thawne's "because i'm a troll lol".

We MIGHT get Alan Scott in the future, since Obsidian is already on Legends

Earth-2 is Earth-2, don't be stupid.

Yeah, it's Earth 3 in all but name

Not really. Zoom in the comics is also a troll, just an angry one with a sob story to justify his asshole behavior.

It's not Tommy. It's Felicity's boyfriend.

No, it isn't.

>best villains
Merlyn and Darhk suck. Especially Darhk.

Merlyn is fine he just suffered from the same lack of good writing everyone got season 3 and 4. Darhk needs the most work but this may be the best way to redeem him plus I like him better than CW Ra's or Savage. I'd prefer Deathstroke but he is off limits these days.

I'd be shocked if they did, they seem to want to avoid everything but the most tangential references to anything GL related

If we do somehow get Alan I'm certain they'll call him Sentinel

Having almost all the dupes be evil is Earth 3's thing though

They initially planned on making Zoom Barry's doppelganger.

So they intended on Evil Flash on top of:

>Evil Vibe
Reverb
>Evil Caitlin
Killer Frost
>Evil Firestorm
Deathstorm
>Evil Black Canary
Black Siren
>Evil Atom Smasher
>Evil Dante
>Evil Linda Park
Doctor Light
>Good Harrison Wells
Harry

It was pretty much opposite land

>Draco the Ape torturer
why did i laugh

>>Stephen Amell didn't like season 4 of ARROW and believes season 5 will be the show's last unless they can properly reinvent it.
Poor bastard. I hope he gets a better deal

>>The midseason finale will reveal Prometheus' secret identity. He'll be a villain of Oliver's making, which will deeply affect Oliver.
To be honest, I haven't had fun guessing who's the villain for a while now. My long shot of it being Walter is still there

>>THE FLASH producers admit the payoff to the Zoom's storyline was disappointing and that they've misused time travel on the show.
>>Flashpoint served to step back on it and and scale the narrative down.
>>Flashpoint

>>Grant Gustin was as confused by time travel shenanigan as everyone else.
kek

>>The midseason finale will introduce a "ticking time bomb", reveal Doctor Alchemy's secret identity and provide more backstory for Savitar, who'll first appear in episode 6 and episode 7.
I liked Clariss and his cocksure personality. I'm in

>>Even if Julian is Alchemy, there'll be a twist to it.
Come the fuck on

>>The cast and crew of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW know that season 1 kinda' sucked and that Vandal Savage was a weak villain, and they're focusing on less serialized storytelling in season 2.
I hope they just stick with the anthology shenanigan style.

>>Kara might develop feelings for Mon-El.
Wew, my boy Mon-El getting that kryptonian pussy

>>Victor Garber will be in the FLASH/SUPERGIRL musical crossover.
Nice, but just tell us it's Musical Meister already.

>>The writers pay attention to fan criticism and always seek to improve on it.
lol that's what got you morons in trouble in the first place

The real Harrison Wells was a nice guy on Earth-1 too.

who was Walter?

Oliver's ex-stepfather

Let me guess - time travel?

Split personalities.

That's even more retarded

That's how it i in the comics.

That's Alchemy in the comics.

>>Even if Julian is Alchemy, there'll be a twist to it.

I mean they could just give him a split personality like in the comics. That seems like a fine and not totally unrealistic idea.

They've already confirmed Obsidian is Scott's son in this reality too. And Scott's lantern was on the waverider set last season. But Guggenheim also made some comments a few months back that we won't ever be seeing a GL on any of these shows and that before confirming Todd's lineage.

so who the fuck knows but it sure doesn't seem likely

Fuck comics.

Wasnt the split personality due to Thawne mind controlling him?

Saying this shit on Sup Forums lol.

robert queen is.. we are going to learn that ollie survived and seemingly sacrificed his dad to do it.

That sounds stupid.

No, he was just schizophrenic.

>malcolm merlyn, captain cold and reverse flash in the same scene together
I need it

Flashpoint was a single episode, and Jay introduced a reasonable explanation not to use time travel as a solution to everything.

All they need is a single episode explaining WHAT the speedforce is, since they all use the term with varying meaning.

Not really. It's pretty consistently an extradimensional field of energy that connects the Multiverse and that speedsters harness to do whatever the hell they want. Also, it's sentient.

Earth-1 Harrison Wells was a man who was very in love and very happy with his life despite not yet having achieved success before he got Thawned.

While Earth-2 Harry is a bit further on in years, he is also without a wife, helped create Zoom and the evil metas and he tries to cover that up, and his success doesn't seem to bring him any joy because of the things he has to deal with. The only light in his life is his daughter.

Fine, but Harry is still a nice guy overall.

He's not a dark mirror of E1 Wells.

Darhk is great on Legends

Do we know which cyborg-superman is it?

>>Stephen Amell didn't like season 4 of ARROW and believes season 5 will be the show's last unless they can properly reinvent it

I dropped Arrow sometime in season 3, but this still makes me a little sad. Amell seems like a genuine dude with decent acting skills

All evidence points to Jeremiah Danvers.

I love how the show keeps coming up with ways to keep Tom Cavanagh there.
>thawne pretending to be Wells 1
>Wells 1
>everyman pretending to be thawne pretending to be wells 1
>Wells 2
>Wells 2 pretending to be thawne
>cowboy wells
>steampunk wells
>some third variety I can't remember
>Wells from 19?

>Dean Cain is on Supergirl
>john wesley shipp AND mark hamil on Flash
This is some real shit

How could you forget Mime Wells?

>robert queen
You mean Tommy Merlyn

Probably because he was speaking, and was thus not a mime.

>Also, it seems Kara might develop feelings for Mon-El.
So, the Jimmy-Kara experiment didn't bode well huh

He was a mime, just a really shitty one.

>>yfw your favourite villian will never get a good adaptation

Harry really isn't a "nice" guy. He's an asshole albeit unintentionally most of the time. He just has a strong sense of loyalty to his friends and family and does the right thing in the end.

At least we still have earth 1 hunter?

is there already a name for "fanfic speculations"?

Because this is what that post is.

this is literally from a magazine

if that's true, that's even worse because they're just lying to us.

Then you will be happy to know we are getting an entire episode in the Legion of Doom's perspective... Yes its been confirmed we are getting a villains episode!

Which show

Cause fuck watching the last two seasons of Arrow to catch up just for this

Legends of Tomorrow.

Aw man that's even worse

Why can't we ever have nice things

Season 2, ignore season 1. Also put that Ritalin down kid and eat a snickers, you turn into a little whiny bitch when you are hungry...

How are they lying?

s2 has been genuinely good though, already miles better than any episode s1 put out.

Woah, what the fuck even happened to that guy?

Possibly controlled by the Philosopher's Stone.

His issues have changed over the years. Originally he was just a guy struggling with his own evil impulses, and then Thawne tried to strengthen those impulses. Later he was being made evil by a star in space (that lasted for all of one issue). Eventually it was established that his evil impulses were put into an alternate personality given physical form by the Stone.

>The midseason finale will reveal Prometheus' secret identity. He'll be a villain of Oliver's making, which will deeply affect Oliver.

Source?

Entertainment Weekly.

>>Stephen Amell didn't like season 4 of ARROW and believes season 5 will be the show's last unless they can properly reinvent it.

Sauce please?

Holy Shit.

Entertainment Weekly

I remember back when I thought the maid was gonna be prominent. Remember the days of the mansion? Goddammit all.

Oh shit, i see it

>feelings for Mon, not feelings for each other
Who will be the interfering tramp this time? Winn?

One of five women that found him attractive walking down the street that morning, and then the other four when he gets off work.

>THE FLASH producers admit the payoff to the Zoom's storyline was disappointing and that they've misused time travel on the show. Flashpoint served to step back on it and and scale the narrative down.

By making it more complicated?

The problem is that the Speed Force can't be narrowed down like that. Its whole purpose is being a deus ex machine that lets Speedsters do whatever the plot needs them to do.

How short is your attention span.

>Amell seems like a genuine dude with decent acting skills

I watched the recent TMNT film, and I have to rebuff that comment.

Don't get so angry.

Maybe it's not complicated, but the Flashpoint did seem pretty dumb

I was guessing it would be be Barry's double too. Hell, if they even had his name change to hunter zolomon because he got adopted young or something i'd be fine with it

So Supergirl is gonna get DAXAM'd? Isn't that heresy to Kryptonians?

Good. She has more in common with him than Jimmy.

Anything forbidden just makes a girl hornier.