Clarence Thread

Whoo! New HALF HOUR episode today at 5:30/4:30c, with four more new episodes for the rest of the week at the same timeslot. This is a Clarence thread; talk about whatever you want: new episodes, old episodes, relatable childhood scenes, funniest scenes, most emotional scenes, waifus, husbandos, ships, WHATEVER, GO!

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!EB1RAZDY!5QpVnilbRQxSEs6FnAP8Qw
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zt9i9xRRG_NDVGY09ZbFRsUVk/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna fuck Mary in the ass

This is the only show I actually watch on CN, this and Gumball.

I like how this reminds me of the wonders of being a child again.

Can't wait, interesting to see how they'll pace a half hour considering how well they manage to tell complete stories within 11 minutes (the script-driven process really does seem to help the episodes feel more substantial, the board-driven SU and AT often feel too short and fractured)

I am glad CN has been running ads and is not dropping the ball promoting it, as much as countdown clocks annoy me. Gives me hope for a season 3.

All episodes 1080p (except "Sneaky Peaky" which never had a digital release for some reason)
mega.nz/#F!EB1RAZDY!5QpVnilbRQxSEs6FnAP8Qw

Isn't this thread a little pre-mature?

I'll be here all day, never a bad time to have a Clarence thread. It will probably last us a couple of days too

I wanna fuck sumo's mom

Darlie is cute!

CUTE!

I'm cautiously optimistic.
The writers have grown pretty adept at having many little threads with different groups of kids on a similar theme. I haven't watched any of the promos but this looks to be one of those.

Also, I thought Clarence was storyboard driven?

Nope, the show is almost completely scripted with the storyboard artists just blueprinting the animation and maybe peppering in visual gags and such. That's part of why the show has such a unique feel, Tony Infante is just a good cartoon writer who thinks outside the box and ignores cliche constantly and Spencer Rothbell has an experimental animation degree and throws a lot of social commentary and Simpsons-esque humor in his stuff. It leads to more thought-out and complex writing I'd say, while storyboard shows are more spontaneously created.
Almost all adult cartoons are script based and so was Gravity Falls so it's not unprecedented but storyboards have been the trend since Flapjack basically started the current era (that seems to be coming to an end)

>Mrs. Sumouski will never answer the door for you

>Literally the first post is a Mary post

This is why I made in the first place

How come after Dream Boat she stopped looking like trailer park whore trash?

Last night I had a dream Sumo's parents voted Trump and Jeff's parents voted Clinton.

It's mostly because stopped wearing the trashy eyeliner
If we see her get dressed up to go out again like in Dinner Party she'll probably still look slutty

Heh, probably accurate.
I don't know if the upcoming "Clarence for President" was written recently enough to have any Trump commentary but the show's staff actually smashed a Trump pinata the day after the election so I wouldn't be shocked if there were subtle bashing eventually (in the 00's even shows like Fairly Odd Parents made blatant fun of Bush, and Clarence is fairly subversive)

Jack off

Fuck yourself

Bump

The halfhour special has a cold open.

It's cool how when they put a scene before the intro, the intro ends up giving me chills when it starts.

How do you know? It hasn't aired yet

2 minute clip.

Ah, I see. I'm rarely so excited that I need to spoil myself

Show me your war face Sup Forums!!

That looks like it's from an extremely cringe inducing show.

5 minutes by the way.

Percy is a shit.

I beg someone to be recording this.

I hope so. This episode is already 10/10.

Roger Craig Smith is so good on this show

Not really, Sitio do Picapau Amarelo is actually pretty cute.

Give it a shot.

Have you accepted Clarence as your personal lord and savior?

>It's cute!
the downfall of this board. all the dumb shit this board likes is backed up with "it's cute!!" like that pet shop bullshit and TTG

This episode.

You think I'd miss this party?

Clarence has his own personal hug force now
Bitches love juice

Poor Chad

that was great

Maddy! Avery! Potes!
I summon thee!

What's going to happen is GottaVCR is going to return from Oz after his tornado journey asking whether there's a new Robotomy next week

Wonderful episode. Feel kinda bad that these new episodes snuck up on me and I missed a few.

I feel like there were references I didn't understand but it was bretty good
They put a lot of effort into the camerawork, tons of dynamic shots or ones that simulate a real camera

>Lord Sumungous
This show deserves more love.

It definitely does, though I can't blame people who catch up with it later rather than watching it live. I often save episodes for a day when I need them, it's a great escapist distraction/mood booster and there's no lore or plot to be antsy over.
It's a good show and I'm glad CN is airing and advertising it nowadays

MEGA LINK WHEN FOR THE EPISODE?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zt9i9xRRG_NDVGY09ZbFRsUVk/view

No MEGA but he put this through his Tumblr. It can be downloaded.

Sweet! Thanks!

scrump, I forgot! bombs are so lame, i bet they get terrible ratings.. because who can remember?

for future reference: still-madridista.tumblr.com

>I like how this reminds me of the wonders of being a child again.
right? even though my childhood was NOTHING like this. i was an indoor boy.

good taste

Get hype!
The crew seems to like this upcoming episode too, Samantha King says there's a scene that kills her every time

is it really subversive at this point?

>Juice.. juice.. juice..

that was fantastic.

>Samantha
well women are over emotional so it's probably nothing

holy shit cloris leachman is still alive? bless her. i can't wait. her voice is great

She's asexual/aromantic and also you can tell which scenes she storyboards because there's always raptor arms

Sumo and Clarence crushed it as usual.

"Rough Riders Elementary" and "Puddle Eyes" have some pretty scathing commentary on privatized schools and standardized testing, and episodes like "Dream Boat" examine poverty and "Hurricaine Dillis" mental illness/dementia. Plus they had two different homosexual couples before SU had the OK from S&P to start getting overt about it.
They're certainly not just making a gag cartoon, at least not always. The allegorical stuff has gotten less common with the more slice-of-life approach in S2 as opposed to the wackiness of 1B (which I think is due to Rothbell writing less scripts, it's usually him who put in heavy themes, though he still is basically showrunner)

The references can also be pretty damn adult or obscure. It doesn't "feel" the same as kids' cartoons from the past, it's much more down-to-earth and subtle. You can tell they're making it for themselves

no mega?

drive here

Forgot to mention they knocked on privatized schools by way of a shot-for-shot remake of an orgy scene

>Mad Max references
Always great.

>She's asexual/aromantic
Of course she is.

'Tis closer to the child mindset, no?

talking like that will get you punched

>inb4 spiting doing it again

I relate to Jeff heavily so that would not be new to me

Livestream of staffer drawing a special Thanksgiving pic is on CN's Facebook right now

LINK

What that was today

Fuck

Do not, my friends, become addicted to juice. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

Can't link Facebook links on here, Sup Forums raids killed that in like 2006

YES! I just saw the episode and I fuckin' loved it when they first used a cold opening way back in "Lil' Buddy". It's always cool to see shows do something special (no matter how apparently insignificant) for their special, longer episodes like SU did for "Bismuth".

>Not Ashley

Ashley needs more love.

There's a whole bottom half of the pic not shown there, with Gilben and others
They should use Ashley more but I guess she's just in a different friend group (didn't she go to Gilben's party instead of Jeff's in that bowling alley ep?)
I don't even recall her speaking since the girlfriend episode

And somehow they keep pushing Mavis. Ashley is cute and has a great personality.

Anyway I'm glad Chelsea and Kimby are now regular characters.

Hopefully this special got good ratings and CN order another season, would be nice to have a casting similar to Hey Arnold!

I like Mayvis. She's very Schulz-esque. Not "cute" in the same way as the rest of the girls but a good cartoon character. Kind of occupies a similar niche to Blaide with the speaking-in-grunts thing though, but he's been kind of phased-out since he was voiced by Skyler.
I want more Darlie though, her bit of personality and voice shown have been cute and interesting. Seems to be a hip-hop fan, they can definitely do an episode with that.

I want to lick Sumo's feet

AT&T fucked up the CN lineup so i have Gumball recorded instead of Clarence.
any MEGA or link yet?

god thats sad of me missing that.

thanks user

Yeah, my recording of the Clarence episode on AT&T was recorded as a Gumball episode, luckily I have Gumball set to record too

Ya know, I know Clarence was never a super serious show but I felt this time they coulda had something awesome but kinda ruined it by having jesus Clarence ruining the game

I hoped before the preview came out that we'd have Tree of Life-tier fantasy animation about what they see the game as.

> those detailed blushed Kimby lips

There were quite a few new kids in this. I certainly didn't recognise a few.

is it a bomb again?

It only just occurred to me that Chad is also Grizz.

That Julian/Chelsea combo shot was pretty cool.

>JEWS,JEWS,JEWS

kek

I love that Belson was just pretending to be strung up on that truck.

Go to bed.

Chelsea was amazing in this episode.

>I fuckin' loved it when they first used a cold opening way back in "Lil' Buddy"

they did that back then? the episode i downloaded didn't have one

Was the one with the eye scare a recurring one?

Fuck you just made me click.