Will Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman be the greatest miscast of any capeshit character of all time?

Will Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman be the greatest miscast of any capeshit character of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RslcETyE2ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Right after Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Bigger than Nick Cage as Ghost Rider? Nope.

And Eisenberg as Lex.

Already is

This

I'd fuck her senseless, but I don't think she fits WW.

When Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl was a thing? I don't think so, Tim.

Hemworth is actually a good Thor when they actually allow him to be Thor.

Honestly, this has to be somewhere near the top. He was a ducking awful Luthor. Hackman and Spacey may have been pretty different as well, but you could still cite similarities. Eisenberg was literally rich Joker.

No, Eisenberg and Jim Carry are already fighting over that spot.

But even if they were not, Galdot can't do any harm to the role of Wonder Woman no matter how much you think she doesn't fit. Not because she is somehow perfect, but because the snyderverse has already proven that cast choice doesn't matter in the face of stupid character interpretations and directing.

Look no further than Cavil's superman. Watch his other movies, Cavil can be charming, charismatic and heroic just fine. But the DCEU will never let him be anything other than morose and sullen as Superman, so it doesn't matter what his range is.

tldr: the ingredients don't matter if the chef is going to ruin the dish anyway.

There was nothing joker about him, and he was a great luthor, a villian way more villainous than anyone in marvel

Sup Forums please leave, BvS was terrible

Those actually look like the characters tho. What the hell are you talking about?

Fucking this.

But it still could have been saved if he had a better characterization.

SCRATCHING AT THE DOOR!

Everyone knows that it was awful. Jair of piss?

Hey, Jim Carry was doing a perfectly good job of portraying the Adam West era Riddler.

Nobody remembers that movie though, so just CHILL.

Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow.

Eisenburg Lex was great. Perfect for the role.
youtube.com/watch?v=RslcETyE2ec

Just wait until we get the ultimate Stan Lee cameo when it's revealed he's The One Above All.

BvS was of the highest quality.

Great scene.

No

No 2: Electric Boogaloo

>triggered

>trigered homossexual NUmale that wants Snyder's cock.

I don't care for mark ruffalo much.

Sup Forumsumblr pls go

Numales hate BvS for having too much "toxic masculinity." More likely for a BvS hater to be a tumblrite than someone who appreciates it.

No, people hate BvS because it was a poorly-written, poorly-edited, poorly-directed edgefest

>inb4 Quips

Nooope

>lying

They hate it because it's popular to hate it, which only happened because of a small group of people who successfully pushed the meme of it being a "bad" movie. BvS was a great film, perfect editing, directing, writing. Great visuals, music, cinematography, etc. Everything about it was good. Keep being in denial, kiddo, you know deep within yourself that I'm right.

Can someone explain to me how she's miscast?
Her acting ain't bad so far with the few lines she's been given.
Her looks ain't bad. If you take off you're nostalgia glasses for two seconds you'll realize Lynda Carter was just as much of a stick back then with only a a bit bigger chest.
I can understand why people would think Eisenberg was bad, but I can't wrap my head around this

Truth is right here buddy.

Because she doesn't look like their ideal fetish woman.

Also because they have bad hearing and can't understand what she's saying.

man oiling her up must be fun

>posting memes

Looks like you concede.

>oiling up Alicia Silverstone so you can squeeze her into the Batgirl outfit
Hmm. I see.

To be honest that movie was campy anyways

whatever you say tumblr

>Her acting ain't bad
>a bit bigger chest.
She an old woman and has more tits than Gal does after breeding.

You need to be 18 to post here

>that face
Riveting. Truly riveting.

>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.

Fuck. I love this motherfucker so much

While I definitely understand this comparison, I don't think it's completely apt. Eisenberg was playing a very specific, very different version of Lex than we're used to seeing, but that doesn't make him simply "the Riddler/Joker". There's actually precedent for this quirky, psychotic version of Lex Luthor in the comic books. Check out "Birthright" for a classic example. Or any of the golden age/silver age comics where Lex is portrayed as a "mad scientist". This version seems to combine various different depictions of Lex into a version that also feels suited for the times, with him being a younger, nerdy tech billionaire. If you don't like that version, that's of course totally fine and your own personal tastes. But it doesn't mean his Lex is unfaithful to the source material.

I still believe he's the Watcher.

Damn, so this is why some species have the female be bigger than the male. It really is perfect.

But them we wouldn't have any DCEU fans that all come from Reddit!

But wouldn't the Watcher be stuck with Fox?

The Watch-Stan Lee answer to no one!

>If you take off you're nostalgia glasses for two seconds you'll realize Lynda Carter was just as much of a stick back then with only a a bit bigger chest

This meme again

1. Wonder Woman was a regular curvy woman in the 70s
2. There were only periods when she was skinnier because she was told to lose weight, and she even admits she had unhealthy eating habits sometimes because of that. Unlike Gadot who was supposed to gain weight.
3. "a bit bigger chest" lmao

I liked the trailer a lot, but as a physicist that rope swing enrages me, the rope wouldn't have enough tension to support her, let alone give her the ability to stabilise a shot like that

>This version seems to combine various different depictions of Lex into a version that...
Completing:
Is awful.

By combining various versions of characters that have decades of story, you can make them be or act on any way. Being different is no execuse for being shit.

Loki was different, but still good. Lex is different, and is shit, plenty of other modern interpretations did a better job with him.

But in this case this is more of an issue with direction and writting than the cast.

This, with manlet tony and Jew antman

Are there any decent white chad left in jewllywood?

>Senator Armstrong + his [Stand]
This is amazing on many levels.

>Loki was different, but still good.

No, he wasn't.

This makes me want to get into WW comics.
How do I do it, user?
Contrarian, contrarian, only half a real man.

They turned Loki into a pretty boy who's constantly humiliated.

Cavil was amazing and so charismatic in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

>constantly humiliated
Yes, unlike original Loki who lost his amazing power-up from his ally when a burglar knocked him out with a crow-bar and stole the power to become a lame D-list villain.

Manlet detected.

I can't help what I am.

>They hate it because it's popular to hate it
It's popular to hate it because it's fucking trash

>*nervous laugh*
>*trembling head and hands*
>*licks lips*
>BOOOOYS MMMM

No, far from it. WB has pretty much sucked super dick at casting most of the DC universe. Im actually not opposed to Gal being WW, its okay. I dont know that its the best but its far from the worst.

Cavil and Batfleck are good choices for the characters, the issue is that they can't write them for shit.

What, you had a problem with the World's Greatest Detective not figuring out Superman was Clark Kent and that his mother was called Martha?

But.. That's was the point. Bruce doesn't even want to see human/humanity in Superman

The first time Gal appeared in BvS I thought she was supposed to be Talia or something. Not used to Diana having an accent

So much for being the world's greatest detective then.

It's not about being detective. It's about power of perception

Dude Shaq was Steel

he's not a super hero

I think it's got less to do with ability to do detective work and more to do with willingness to do detective work.

He's tired, he's angry, he started making mistakes, because he just didn't CARE any more. He says so to Alfred outright, twenty years in Gotham, and it had only gotten worse.

Didn't help that Lex was explicitly engineering shit to drive him up the wall as well. Had he perhaps been a younger, more idealistic Batman, one who hadn't yet lost Robins and seen everything just keep spiraling downwards, he might have spotted it. But he wasn't that younger Batman, so he didn't.

At least Hemsworth looks like Thor, and they're genuinely both better actors than Gadot, though that's not saying much.

>Loki was different, but still good.

Spotted the fangirl

As a huge Wondiefag I'm pretty ok with the casting. I'm 99% sure she got the job through nepotism and blowjobs, but that's Hollywood for you.

Two stupid things people say that bother me though:

>Wonder Woman isn't skinny!
The vast majority of her depictions have been about as skinny as Gadot is currently. And contrary to popular belief, Gadot HAS put on quite a bit of "mass", it's just she was such a bony skeleton when she started that she now just looks like a normal moviestar. Which is fine because that's what Wondie usually looks like, the exceptions being when she's drawn by literal muscle fetishists like Cho.

Wonder Woman's build has never in her entire history been an important trait in any way, so fucking get over it.

>she's good casting because she looks Greek!
Wonder Woman isn't fucking ethnically Greek and neither are the Amazons. They're fucking magical. Diana's defining physical traits are blue eyes, dark hair and fair skin. It's retarded that they're going to try and explain that the Amazons are of Greek descent despite being literally made from nothing by the gods, but then they're still going to have black and Asian Amazons. Makes absolutely no sense.

Now, the accent I'm fine with, because Wonder Woman and the Amazons DID speak only ancient Greek in Perez's run.

tl;dr as a diehard annoying characterfag for Wonder Woman my opinion is that Gadot is subpar, yet acceptable casting, but NOT because of the "le skellington xD" meme.

I actually hate fangirls and fujoshits.

Looks like you are out of arguments.

tdlr

Call me when Gadot looks like your pic without photoshop

>Jair of piss?

What's the problem with that? Lex found the need to humíllate someone even when she was going to be dead later? wow

Is this Diana: Warrior Princess thread again?

Is that Gadot with the surprised duckface turning her head to watch the bullet pass? Oh shit.

>Nah
>Eh, a little

I'm tempted to go all lolniggers but Elba plays a damn good Heimdall and comic Mordo's so bland that anything's an improvement.

Jack Kirby's the One Above All.
Even Feige has more of a case than Stan, since he's been the producer for everything since X-Men 1.
That's why you save the reveal for Infinity War! Make it a big surprise that they got the rights back.

>The first time Gal appeared in BvS I thought she was supposed to be Talia or something. Not used to Diana having an accent

she would the closer to a ethnic Talia we would ever get.

>Gadot HAS put on quite a bit of "mass", it's just she was such a bony skeleton when she started that she now just looks like a normal moviestar.

so much training just to look normal.

deal with it, she was miscast. her head looks so big on her skinny body

Not an argument. Give up.

Josh Brolin as Thanos.

It wasn't actually piss, family.

None of them were dealing with arguments, Snyderfags can only say "it is good because it is, and I don't care for plot holes or characterization", them when someone say that it is shit, they say "n-not an argument!"

>We will never have a tall, strong qt3.14
>instead we're given this bean poll
Why live you guys?

>Eisenberg was playing a very specific, very different version of Lex than we're used to seeing
Literally "What if Lex was here today?" Which is basically what every "modernized" version of Lex was asking. That's precisely how we got business man Lex. This is just "business man Lex" in today's time combined with mad scientist Lex. Watch the BvS extra on Lex Luthor for more info.

when they thought it was going to be a tall strong wonderwoman, everyone got mad because she wouldnt be pretty enough, not like there old tv show.

so...you cant win

Not an argument. Give up.

>This is just "business man Lex" in today's time combined with mad scientist Lex.

But the current comics have a better modern Lex, and he isn't like that.

Hell, All Star has a better mad scientist Lex, and he is miles above Snydershit.

Its always patethic when Snyderfags claim that the only way to make something modern, is by following Snydershit....when every other piece of media does it better.

no u

That was Linda Carter

u first

Literally everyone in Fant4stic

The Drummer kid from Whiplash with the smudged face as Mr. Fantastic

A nigger playing an blonde haired blue eyes Aryan character

Billy Fucking Elliot as the Thing

Kate Mara is the best casting decision and even that was a bad one.

You literally can not have worst miscasting than that train wreck of a movie.