> 33. Teen Titans #1* (DC) - 64,963

What went wrong?

more like what went worng

DC is finished

Jason Todd is on the book.

>dying brand
>Damian
>nothing really new

Honestly, the only reason why Titans is doing well it because of its connection to the rebirth plot and it is keep falling every month anyway.

jason todd sells better though.

That's Damian.

> 67. Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 (DC) - 41,971

lolno

Lucky for him, dying saved Jason from being attached to the TT brand.

I agree. Especially about titans.

user, no

>07/2016: Red Hood & Outlaws Rebirth #1 -- 97,722 (+496.3%)
> 08/2016: Red Hood & Outlaws #1 -- 92,234 (- 5.6%)

> 09/2016: Teen Titans: Rebirth #1 -- 93,411 (+378.0%)
> 33. Teen Titans #1* (DC) - 64,963

>comparing #1 to #3
Rhato has higher and better debut than TT. So, he actually sold better.

I think the new Outlaws is a better than Teen Titans, but Outlaws early numbers were helped by the Rebirth bump while TT came out later and didnt get that. Also I think the Titans book split the nostalgiafag audience that is usually TT main audience (having the entire book be Damian BTFOing past Titans probably didn't help either).

Teen Titans has never been the high-selling flagship title that people have been making it out to be lately. The book had one good run in it's entire publishing history.

No one besides Shotafags likes Damian

Unlike RHATO though, Teen titans was actually pushed harder and was advertised more by DC. Which is why we here expected to do much better than this.

TT probably got the most shilling from DC FOR MONTHS. No other book besides A-listers had this.

> Have Flash TV show's cast to shill on social media
> Have ads on all books
> interviews every week
> Get non stop shilling on Youtube channel

it bombed fair and square

Jonboy Meyers announcing that he was leaving after the Rebirth issue was released probably didn't help things either.

they shoukd have taken a histus with Teen Titans, to build an audience, people are frankly kinda jaded with the brand and the comics being nearly always shit.

Only people who don't read comics hate him. He had great development during Morrison's and Tomasi runs.

I'd forgotten about the advertising push they'd given this book. At least it functions as Damian containment as I can't see Super Sons lasting too long at this rate.

>Super Sons
Autism will be off the charts.

Who cares about developmentshit?

People who cares about interesting characters and comics quality?

Indiefags?

>Only people who don't read comics hate him

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA no
everyone who is not a 14 year old fat girl hates him.

Thus new start was no exceptions the titans curse has lasted for 25 years and will keep on trucking.

people who, you know, care about things like well crafted serial storytelling

He gets reset to being an arrogant unlikable asshole every time he appears in a new book or gets a new writer though.

He may have received some development but not every writer can write him well.

Comics readers?
You can hate him as much as you want, he is still great character.
True. But it's pretty funny. He is arrogant to strangers, that's okay. He is literally more spoiled and skilled little Bruce

Didn't DC made a poll about Robins and Damian was voted the least?

A lot of COMIC fans hate him. Not only the casuals.

Damian is hated by characterfags whose waifus were humiliated by him.

Yeah but that doesn't make him a good character. He may have worked in Japan where Sasuke Uchiha is popular, but comic fans don't put up with his shit.

The Thing about Damian is that he was created with the sole purpose of being a foil for Dick Grayson. He doesn't work in any other setup.

That's funny you say that considering the Damianfags who were sperging when Jon knocked the wind out of him.

>That's funny you say that considering the Damianfags who were sperging when Jon knocked the wind out of him.

That didnt happened i was in both thread. And everyone talked more about if Superman reaction was justified, feel free to post the threads, you are lying.

The first issue of TT made it pretty clear that he's forming the team because he's lonely and wants friends. He didn't get portrayed as being arrogant because he's genuinely better than them, but because his social skills are shit.

Dick is the 4th of 5th most popular character in most dc polls, he alone has more fans than almost every hero in the JL, Tim has a huge fanbase from 90's and 00's readers, and Jason as red hood has been popular for a long time.

Is not that damian doesnt have fans, its just that they are all popular.

Not him, but he is actually right.

Just search for Superman #10 in the archive.

Nice meme.

Both Damianfags and Damianhaters are retards.So?

I know, it's just funny to see characterfags trying to act as if they are superior to other fanbases when they are just as bad when they feel wronged.

>Damian
>Artist quitting confirms they're going to rehash the ame old plots

A lot of japanese fans don't like sasuke and a lot of american fans do. however, most weebs who like sasuke don't read comics.

>Is not that damian doesnt have fans, its just that they are all popular.
No one denying that he doesn't have fans. I mean for God's sake we have to deal with the annoying damifan in this board.

What has been said it's Damian has haters, many of them and it doesn't help that casuals also hates.

While is true both are retarded he is is lying, no one cared about that, except damianhaters (or more like one guy) saying that he wishes every character would do the same to Damian.

There was no characterfags in that thread aside from some supermanfags mad that Clark was really mad.

While is true both are retarded he is is lying, no one cared about that, except damianhaters (or more like one guy) saying that he wishes every character would do the same to Damian.

There was no characterfags in that thread aside from some supermanfags mad that Clark was really mad.

black flash
no one likes this character, no one wants this character, DC knew how bad he was that they actually brought back white Wally

But that poll wasnt about HATE

He's gotten better in the new Flash comics

RHATO came out during the peak of Rebirth hype. It's sales have dropped like a bag of rocks, and it'll probably be back down to 20k soon

He needed to be on a team so SJWs wouldn't cry when white Wally came back. I hope TT serves as a containment book for him.

He acts exactly like how Wally does, a little too late for it when the real deal is here.

When Bart comes back things will get worse.

So he's the anti-Jason?

The other Robins are like that, too. Tim only works when he's the only Robin. Jason only works as an antagonist.

He really didn't, especially not under Morrison

Why would anyone support teen titans after the mean-spirited TTG?

It has muh Raven.

>someone mention that they don't like Dick/Damian/Tim related book and it isn't doing well
>lel Red Hood sux too!
Every single time without fail.

Only casuals like Damian anyway, especially the kind of people that say "he is like Batman but without the fanboys googles!!"

I guess those people have only read ASBAR

Are you desperate for some type of validation here, or what?

Maybe Damien is the problem?

How many times are writers going to reset him back to asshole?

It's the crux of liking good characters instead of generic ones, having to deal with the hate from plebs.

Jasonfags are the most insecure characterfags of them all

I doubt that he is the reason why people aren't picking up TT.

Some Robins are really insecure about Red Hood for some unknown reasons.

>jason todd
>not generic or a character for plebs

?

when compared to Dick and Damian?
he might as well be the most original character in the entire batfamily

Yeah because they are the ones who keep bringing the other robins whenever someone said something bad about Jason.

Oh wait, they aren't.

xd

*Robin fans

Everyone Jason topic has fans complaining about how he doesn't get as much love as other Robins, or people crying about how RHATO isn't the most loved book ever

I'm gonna say it's a holdover from the fact people voted the fucker dead in Death in the Family. Still his most iconic roll.

>Jason Todd
>generic
He is the only Robin who actually complex.

And let's stop talking about him because this thread about TT.

*role

I dare you to show me examples of this.

Come on. I will wait.

>"gaiz stop talking Jason!"
>continues to talk about his waifu Jason

Yep and it's really pathetic at this point.

>And let's stop talking about him because this thread about TT
I agree because Jason has nothing to do with teen titans.

You can't have it both ways, they obviously want the cartoon roster (despite Cyborg being in the JLA and most of these characters havent been "teens" for year) but while also trying to shoehorn in current renditions of characters like damian and kidflash2.

Stop treading water. Either make a book based on the cartoon (already do that iirc) or make a *new* teen titans. Keep the legacies going, let Starfire be mentoring a new/young Tamaranian come to earth. Raven is de-aged, ok fine, whatever. Young adult beast boy had a kid who rapidly aged due to animalistic traits and joins the team. Just stop trying to capture the same magic from the 1980s that lasted all of about a dozen issues before it started to fall apart even then.

>remove Damian from the bat-books
>they sell better than ever for years

>give him a book
>it sells like shit

J-just a coincidence!

Don't bother to wait because he got nothing.

>nothing really new
Are they at least planning to add new faces to the cast?

Anything Damian touches turns to cancer (also see the recent animated Batman films as another example).

>Teen Titans finally good again
>Sells like shit
There curse is truly real

You're reading too much into it. Teen Titans hasn't been a A-list franchise in a long time, and nothing is really going to swing the pendulum, short of putting a super popular writer or artist on the book. The biggest thing that went against Teen Titans is the launch date. June/July/August were the best times for a Rebirth book to launch, and even then the non A-list books are dropping as more books come out. 60k for a Teen Titans is not terrible, and as long as it stays afloat in the middle of the pack, DC's fine with it

>>nothing really new

That's the motto of Rebirth tho, it didn't affect other titles in a negative way

The problem is that writers are trying to put Damien into a leadership role when his character is not team leader.That might change eventually but his character right now is asshole teammate.

I doubt that debuting at 60k is what DC was expected because like these guys said..
DC have been pushing it hard.

hahahahaha

there was plenty of anger against Jon for punching Damian, or at least the samefagging was reaching critical mass

I think Aqualad is joining the team soon, but I'm not really sure.

Thats anecdotal. If DC wanted to push it that hard, they would have put bigger names on it. See: Jim Lee on Suicide Squad, Frances Manapul on Trinity, Scott Snyder on All-Batman. Those are actual examples of DC "pushing hard". Right now, it seems like Teen Titans is just a title that DC gives to upcoming talent

> It received all advertisement, more than any other DC title
> D-DC wasn't pushing it really hard g-guys!

You can make this case for Titans but not for Teen Titans. It should have been a better debut than a Lobdell book.

RHATO launched in July when there were fewer new books out and people were buying anything with the word "Rebirth" on it. Teen Titans launched in October, when the hype was dying down

YouTube ads don't mean shit. No one watches the DC channel anyway. The only thing that will get people buying Teen Titans in droves is putting Geoff or Jim on it

>You can make this case for Titans
Titans and RHaTO are their most poorly advertised books.

DC really need to do much better job in advertising all of their books instead of pushing one over the others.

Both of those books got ads in the early rebirth books

Is there actually any real proof that some books get pushed harder than others through advertisments? I've seen plenty of shilling for most Rebirth books on social media everywhere.

DC has been advertising this book longer and a lot more than others, there is no way people didn't know about it. This shit depends on pre-orders. "Hype was dying down" isn't an argument about it.

Titans didn't get any ads until Wally was revealed. They did a filler issue in JL as "tie-in" which was about Dick and not about Titans. They also pushed TT harder afterwards so it didn't seem like white Wally was overshadowing black one. Flash: Rebirth didn't even have a footnote about Titans or any ads related to book.It was pure luck Titans lasted this long.

As far as I follow
Green Arrow pandered to shippers and Percy uses twitter a lot. Besides his twitter, I didn't see any shilling.
Green Lanterns had Johns pushing it.
JL wasn't advertised much at all.
Young Animal was non-stop advertised. So was Scooby-Doo.
Batman and Tec were advertised as well but that's normal.
Wondy used the 75th anniversary as an advertisement spot.
Absolutely none of the monthlies were advertised besides Supergirl.

Flash & Teen Titans however, were shilled constantly everywhere. Even Mark Waid came out and shilled Flash, which should tell you something. Grant Gustin and Keiynan Lonsdale advertised the books on twitter.

With everything said and done, Flash is probably the title benefited the most from Rebirth.

Dude stop making these pathetic excuses.

BOP was launched at the same day as RHATO and while the rebirth issue did better, Issue 1 did much worse.

There are very few writers in comic industry who are big draw and even fewer in DC. Between SS and TT, dc will definitely choose SS over because of the movie. Manapul isn't a big draw. And Snyder doesn't like writing Damian.

DC has pushed TT hard. This is a fact.

Also..
>no one watch their channel
Some of their videos have over 1m viewers. Some people do actually watch it.

DC did not even bother to advertise RHATO in their panels or bring any of its creative team. Same with Titans.

>Honestly, the only reason why Titans is doing well it because of Teen Titans Go!

I've been out of the loop from comics-Damien but Animation-Damien was a tumor that sucked the life out of every DC animation he was in. i did not remember him being this cancerous in the Morrison run.

Nigga did you really just say Damian didn't get developed in Morrisons run? You would've been right if you said before RIP. But holy shit what