Watch Red Letter Media's review of IT

>watch Red Letter Media's review of IT
>Jay says that while IT is shit, a movie called Lake Mungo is actually creepy
>watch it
>it's total shit, just another low-budget found-footage waste of time

GODDAMMIT IT JAY YOU FUCKER YOU SCREWED ME
Anyone else get tricked by Jay into watching this crap?

I'm going to watch it.

I've seen people on here mention it a lot.

Plus, I'm bored, so why not.

It's Blair Witch crossed with Lynch. The final scare is a straight rip of Inland Empire.

Well prepare to be bored some more. Lake Mungo only gets good 5 minutes after it ends.

*before it ends

This. x150. Literally the most boring horror flick ever.

Jay only praised it because it doesn't has jump scares or loud noises which is a fair critique. Lake Mungo is still pretty boring as a film. The ending is pretty good though, but it's a slow, boring build up.

A better movie with a better creepy atmosphere and no jump scares or loud noises would be Sauna.

I don't like recommending it to people because it really is kind of boring but it really scares me. It's probably one of the only horror films that properly scares me desu. The final scare is literally one of my worst nightmares, I have recurring nightmares that play out almost the exact same way. Couldn't sleep properly for a couple days after I watched it which hasn't happened to me since I was a child.

I don't care at all Bout found footage movies. Blairwitch was ok. Rec was funny. Cloverfield wss funny. But they weren't good. At least I didn't care much about them. Taste is also a factor. I enjoyed It more. I also like movirs like Nightmare on Elmstreet or the Excorcist more. It had some flaws of course and some criticisms of RLM had merit.

good choice

>the final scare

It's also the ONLY scare

Lake Mungo is awful. Its by far the shittiest film recommended on Sup Forums when it comes to horror, you'll know what I mean after watching it.

I was meaning to watch this for years and Jay reminded me of it. It really was a lazily written piece of shit.

>were we supposed to think there was no ghost after all when the boy says he faked everything, even though the dad told the story about literally meeting the fucking ghost?
>were we supposed to believe the boy DIDN'T spot the real ghost in that backyard photo when he was looking for a somewhere to Photoshop the fake ghost?

And then the fucking montage of photos at the end like it's a Where's Waldo Movie. Too lame to be spoopy.

>2slow4me
wow this board really has gone down the fucking shitter,
you complain about jumpscares but can't appreciate a build up to a genuinely good scare

And it's the end of the fucking movie so it doesn't even give you time to get actually scared. You get back to reality just after the credits roll.

>it's total shit
How's middle school treating you?

It's okay at best, really. I can only think of maybe one or two scenes from that movie I might consider spooky.

I watched this movie but for the life of me can't remember a single thing about it.

How's middle age treating you, grandpa

Are you typing with your fucking face?

Pretty well considering I actually have an attention span so I can enjoy good movies.

>trusting rlm

Why is this board so OBSESSED with slow, sleep inducing "horror" (drama) movies?

Every time people call those movies the boring piece of shit they are (the Witch, Lkae Mungo, etc) the only response is "hurr ur underage hurr muh atmostpheric u just dunt get it pleb, this is real horror" Youtube comment tier of retardedness.

These movies aren't even horror, they aren't scary, making stupidly long dragging scenes doesn't mean it is 'building tension', people just fall asleep and get bored with that shit.
No, good shots don't make a horror movie, the movie NEEDS to be scary, if not, it's simply a bad horror movie. I am convinced only redditors hate jumpscares, they always want to be special snowflakes and want to hate whatever is popular in mainstream movies.

You don't watch comedies for the cinematography or editing or muh religious metaphors,you watch it to get a good laugh, if a fucking comedy isn't funny then it's a bad comedy, same with horror movies.

This so much. Like dudes just turn your brain off xD

I don't even know where to begin with this

t, redit

Shitposting on Sup Forums isn't considered watching good movies, old man.

Lake Mungo isn't a movie that the average retarded edgelord ADHD neo-nazi would be expected to enjoy. Horror movies typically require an effort in immersion, i.e lights out, alone, nighttime, no meme thread tab open on your second monitor.