Stan clears a few things

>“Everybody has Doctor Doom misunderstood,” Lee said. “Everybody thinks he’s a criminal, but all he wants is to rule the world. Now, if you really think about it objectively, you could walk up to a policeman, and you could say, ‘Excuse me, officer, I want to tell you something: I want to rule the world.’ He can’t arrest you; it’s not a crime to want to rule the world. So […] it’s unfair that he’s considered a villain, because he just wants to rule the world. Then maybe he could do a better job of it. So I’m very interested in Doctor Doom, and I’d like to clear his name.”

>So there you have it: Stan Lee is out to redeem Victor Von Doom. The rest of the interview brings up some other interesting perspectives, with the 93-year-old comics legend putting to rest the age-old argument about who would win in a fight between the Incredible Hulk and Thor.

>Spoiler: It’s the Mighty Thor, because although the Hulk is strong, Thor is immortal.

cbr.com/stan-lee-explains-why-doctor-doom-isnt-a-villain/

Wonder if the answers would be the same if anybody asked him next week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YHofep5cbsk?t=165
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ares was immortal, too.
>tfw Lee is shilling Bendis' schlock

>It’s the Mighty Thor, because although the Hulk is strong, Thor is immortal.

Does this mean Thor could only won by stalling?

Stan, it's not the desire to rule that make Doom a villain, it's all the evil. I know you're super old and were famous for having a terrible memory even when you were young, but c'mon, he shot the Baxter Building into space, man.

Good old Vic, always looking out for the little guy.

So that's the secret of Lee's long life. He has connections to Latveria.

I love the way Stan thinks. This is better reasoning than every Doom post on Sup Forums.

He's still a super villain, c'mon.

>Everybody thinks he’s a criminal, but all he wants is to rule the world
He's not wrong.

Can't you use the same justification for Nazis or North Korea?

Or Alexander, or Caesar, or Napoleon, or Genghis Khan. Whether we'll remember Doom as a villain will depend on whether or not he'll win.

Its his means not his ends.

>Implying he'll ever win

>North Korea wants to rule the world
>Nazis wanted to rule the world

American education is shit. Sup Forums is the dumbest board.

I hate to agree with Stan, but anyone that believes Hulk has a chance is retarded.

>Now, if you really think about it objectively, you could walk up to a policeman, and you could say, ‘Excuse me, officer, I want to tell you something: I want to rule the world.’ He can’t arrest you; it’s not a crime to want to rule the world.
Well no, it isn't a crime to WANT to rule the world. However, most of the actions involved in trying to take over the world are most definetly crimes. And every time Doom has tried to take over the world, he's committed a whole bunch of crimes.
Stan Lee doesn't seem to understand how the law works.

Wait what explain

Doom got vibranium bro. Doom be worthy 'n shiet.

Lol at Marvel trying to backtrack on Doom's villain status because he's a minority.

Alright, let's hear some essential Doomcore.

Actually all hierarchy that extends beyond the ruler's monkeysphere is evil, how can you claim the authority over people you're incapable of caring about

You can be a villain and not commit a crime. Fucking other peoples wives, for instance. Cops can't do shit, it's not illegal, but it's not a good thing to do.

He's just not a criminal.

Man, Stan Lee is fucking senile af.

>American education is shit. Sup Forums is the dumbest board.

Not american, and not about conquering the world, but both think that their way of life was superior to any other nations and doesn't care for the mountain of bodies of inocent people that they build it, or still build. Doom let people die for seeing them as weak and not the best of hummanity once...how this make him better than a nazi?

Its basically execusing any terrible action by "Hey! He think its for Good!".

>implying Doom is a villain
I see that good ol' Reed Richards propaganda is working well.
The Fantastic Four could cure cancer, wipe out world hunger and remove poverty, sending humanity to space and making us all live longer, healthier lives. They refuse to do so. The FF are the villains, user.

>>Spoiler: It’s the Mighty Thor, because although the Hulk is strong, Thor is immortal.

Postponing the fight until the other guy dies of old age is hardly winning.

A win is a win.

That's like claiming I beat Muhammad Ali because I lived longer than him.

Did you outlive him while fighting him?

>Doom
>criminal

nice one.

doom's a piece of shit

if he took over the world he would just drag humanity into some unwinnable war with some alien species because simply ruling earth wouldnt be enough for his ego

Most aliens are complete shitters with a much lower ratio of enhanced individuals.

Or the aliens would come to him

Mr nobody once turned a man into commode and the cops couldn't do anything about it since it's not against the law.

In Stan Lee's day Thor was FAR stronger than Hulk (in fact, that was one of the core concepts of Thor, for him to be "the only hero stronger than Hulk"), so his perspective would be a bit different.

None of that is true at all. He was literally created specifically so hulk would have someone to fight on his level. Thor has never been stronger than Hulk.

>Thor was FAR stronger than Hulk (in fact, that was one of the core concepts of Thor, for him to be "the only hero stronger than Hulk")
False.

>but all he wants is to rule the world
Yeah we know that

It's the way of how he wants to reach that goal that makes him a criminal

youtu.be/YHofep5cbsk?t=165

Doom Travelled to the Wakandan spirit realm, where all the Wakandan totem warriors draw their power from. He discovered that Vibranium is actually spirit infused steel, which is why it only appears in Wakanda.

So he went to what is essentially their afterlife, and talked to Watana'kita, the White Panther, who seems like Wakandan Zeus or something.

He passed a number of trials, and then before White Panther killed him, Doom forced him to examine all possible realities, and thus you get this panel.

What I want to know is how many words did the white panther see where Doom ends up destroying the world

Yeah but Bendis didn't create Ares did he so his opinions mean fuck all

>all he wants is to rule the world
DOOMFAGS BTFO
B
T
F
O

how is that btfo?

Doomfags want Doom as an emo-ish antihero who cries at 9/11, instead of a villain.

That is blatantly false.
Doomfags want magitech dictator supreme leading humanity to a new age of greatness.

>Doomfags want a sissy
Ugh.

Doomfags constantly shit on Doom crying about 9/11.

And yet it's what a second-rate antihero like Doom would do.

Are you even reading what you're replying to?

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

Are you kidding? That's Stans' whole strategy.

Doom cries only because they died without knowing the majesty of Doom.

>not posting the entire page
Casual

>background
Holy shit, the Celestials have a ship? How big is that? If you parked it at the Sun it would reach up to Earth? How big was the shipyard where it was built? Where did they get the resources for such a ship? There's at least 10 processed planets in there!

Doom is offered a choice:
>Achieve rule over the world and institute global peace and prosperity
>fuck over Reed Richards
What does he choose?

For the sake of argument, let's call the two options mutually exclusive.

>who would win in a fight between the Incredible Hulk and Thor.
>Spoiler: It’s the Mighty Thor
Damn fucking STRAIGHT

Faggot

Why won't people just fucking let Doom be a villain already? Why this incessant need to relativise him?

Capes are very deep, user.

He just wants to be a despot, guys! Stop shaming him!

Go back to bed Ellis

Doctor doom could also do all that stuff, but he won't unless everyone spends all their time building doom monuments and shit.

It's 2016, how can you decide who is 'right' and who is 'wrong'? How can you still believe in archaic dualistic morality?

Shut up Drumpf.

>it's celestial i ain't gotta 'splain shit

>Go back to bed Ellis
and die in you sleep while you're there

so is Thor back to being the greatest and strongest marvel superhero?

Dude. Have you learned nothing from Tears for Fears?

>Doom
>sowing the seeds of love
I don't think so, Tim.

in all those instances were just. Doom destroyed infinite universes with the incursion

>Spoiler: It’s the Mighty Thor, because although the Hulk is strong, Thor is immortal.

So Mr Immortal wins against the Hulk, got it

I'm surprised nobody posted anything from pic related considering the subject material.

Well he does do all that stuff no? Just only for those under his direct rule. I mean, I sure as hell would build monuments for the man who cured my cancer.

I also recall a What If? of him actually taking over the world and making do with his promises. So FF are kind of in the wrong with their expectation that a world under Doom would be a terrible one.

Didn't Doom kill a couple butlers just to test if Fem-Loki was real Loki?

kek, good point.

>Doom has never ever killed or tried to kill anyone ever -Stan Lee

Indeed.

Hulk will eventually starve to death while he will not, so yes. If the fight has no rules, and it's just until one of them is permanently incapable of fighting, he will win.

Apparently:

DOOM IS THE GOOD GUY

Of all the possible futures, the only one where mankind finally reaches a utopic state of peace and prosperity is Doomworld

>Incredible Hulk, I've come to bargain.

That shit was too hacky to be relevant.

Doom looks into tens of thousands of possible futures, and see only one where humanity prospers, the one where he rules.

The Panther God of Wakanda looks into all possible futures, and agrees with him.

Not unreasonably, Doom takes this as a sign he should probably start conquering the world.

The Nazis wanted to rule Europe, which is basically the whole world

I call bullshit until this is answered:
>Does immortal mean invincible?
All standard definitions have only said that you live forever, so you can't die from your body degrading or anything. But that doesn't mean someone can't come along and kill you. Seriously, this question's been bugging me since Dragon Ball Z. Even if Vegeta got his wish for immortality, what would stop Frieza from vaporizing him?

Depends on the type of immortality.

Dragon Ball wishes type immortality is basically infalliable super-regen from any injury, and none of your limbs can be cut off either. You're also immune to any disease or sickness. Aging is also halted, though it's not known whether the person grows younger or not. This is basically being invincible.

Other types of immortality involve being immune to aging, diseases and/or poisons, but not immune to potentially lethal injuries.

Yeah and I suppose "Heute Deutschland, morgen die Welt!" was supposed to be taken facetiously.

> Being this casual
> What is Secret Wars?

Both the panther and Doom act to make the one reality they think leads mankind to peace. What this reality is differs for each one, but the intent is the same.

Yes. Of course everyone remembers that one time that Hitler peered into the future and was told by a God or something that his rule was the only thing that could save mankind. That's just basic history.

That's a copypasta. Saw it a couple days ago in another thread.