Gouache + Digital comic book

Hey there, Sup Forums

Some days ago I posted images of my comic and now I made a summary in Imgur: imgur.com/gallery/R4Ntk

I'm working on the comic and trying to reach the comic stores via crowdfunding (with spacemanproject), so I decided to make a thread of the proccess.

I will respond your question as long as I can!

Other urls found in this thread:

spacemanproject.com/fr/projet/crepanquine/15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you Euro or Burger? Because I'm having some neat Bandé Desinee vibes from your page.

Euro (from Spain) and I didn't know about Bandè Desinee, but thanks for the info!

No digital only options? I'd like to contribute, but I have no use for a physical edition.

Wouldn't be better to make a webcomic+patreon help?

Unfortunately not, it was part of the agreement with Spaceman. However, since you mentioned it, I wil try to get around a digital version.

I don't discard at all making a patreon at some point, but I wanted to work on a physical comic, mostly because I like them that way and because it is important for me to have a comic of mine out on the stores.

Having a comic of your own in specialized stores have a lot of benefits and Spaceman (the platform) could guarantee the comic distribution.

Why is that girl naked?

She is in another realm where she is represented in her primitive form. She is also going through a bad moment and I thought getting her naked was a way to show her more vulnerable.

What market are you aiming for? you should get a french translation ASAP. I'm certain Soleil would eat this up like hot pockets.

How bonding in the spacemanproject agreement? they have all publishing rights? Selling it in digital like user said will help you spread awareness via piracy and storytimes, if you want to break into the anglo market that is.

Try to do all three. Getting popular on the net and/or Sup Forums usually has very positive results. And Patreon also guarantees a minimum income.

>spain
ola ke ase

you could start as a webcomic, get your patreon and offer a physical copy on your website.

>What market are you aiming for?
Mostly to my fans, animation lovers, comic lovers.

>you should get a french translation ASAP
There is!
spacemanproject.com/fr/projet/crepanquine/15
I never thought of focusing the marketing towards French people, it is a great piece of advice. Tahnk you.

> How bonding in the spacemanproject agreement? they have all publishing rights?
We have shared rights, they can't publish without our consent and they can't publish without ours. It is not ideal, but from my perspective is a good trade.

>Try to do all three. Getting popular on the net and/or Sup Forums usually has very positive results. And Patreon also guarantees a minimum income.
As I told to another user, I will do a patreon, but it requires to set up another campaign and I am truly exhausted of this one and can't manage to hold both at the moment.

I did another crowdfunding campaign successfully funded and got a lot of problems with the packages, the rewards and the deadlines. That's why I chose Spaceman, because it allowed me to focus entirely on making the comic.

>Mostly to my fans, animation lovers, comic lovers.

Endearing. Innocence is somehow hard to come by on Sup Forums nowadays. Every creator seems to have an agenda now.

However, I mean in what region you want to sell the comic.

France & Belgium, USA/England, italy, Japan and the other comic markets all have different ways to get into. If you made a thread here I'm assuming you want to get anglos to know your work. Generally if you play your cards right by using the Internet you can get a fandom going. (hint: if you have a webcomic a Sup Forums thread once a month can help - and it can backfire horribly too) and if spaceman agrees you could probably get it published in either image or fantagraphics.

>I never thought of focusing the marketing towards French people, it is a great piece of advice. Tahnk you.

France is (sort of) going through a trend of cutesy adventure with a slight hint of lewd by the hand of Studio Soleil. While your comic doesn't need to be that, you can benefit from it. Plus, the French have a big regional industry and making a name there is definitely a good idea..

Can you tell me about the stuff spaceman publishes? I'm seeing a couple Spanish names and I got interested. I should know more about the iberian scene.

> However, I mean in what region you want to sell the comic.

Most of the people who interact with my publications are from Spain, Mexico and USA. These are the people I targeted.

> Can you tell me about the stuff spaceman publishes? I'm seeing a couple Spanish names and I got interested. I should know more about the iberian scene.

What would you like to know?
I can't tell you very much as I am not really aware of the market scenery. Spaceman is the second crowdfunding platform in Spain, the first specialized in comics which had a booming start by publishing the comic Nima from Enrique Fernández (awesome artist). Most of the following artists are more or less unknown to the public, but the owner of Spaceman gets in contact with them offering a way to make their comics real.

So it is a way to finally launch your project, but it comes with some downsides such as for example, the higher funding goals.

>I will respond your question as long as I can!
will you suck my ass, you nut blasted ferret?

>Every creator seems to have an agenda now.

No they don't you stupid tripfag. How can honestly type that out, you spend too much time on the fucking internet.

I assume you are on Facebook / Twitter, right. Mexico? Nice. I'm from argentina, sadly our industry is extremely small.

>What would you like to know?

What gets produced, and if it's growing compared to, say, compared the franco belgian or italian scene.

qué dice usted

But almost every creator should have some notions. During my first campaign I did too much naive things and I realised that I really needed someone to help me with marketing and planning.

> What gets produced, and if it's growing compared to, say, compared the franco belgian or italian scene.
Depending on the author, every comic of Spaceman sells/ it's expected to sell about 20000-60000 copies. Spaceman project has been out only one year and a half so it is difficult to state if it is growing or not. I would say it is steadily gaining popularity and affection.

I honestly have no idea about the scenes in other countries. Even for me it's difficult to explain the situation in Spain, but for most cases you normally sell your publishing rights at 2000€ and that's all you have.

>I assume you are on Facebook / Twitter, right. Mexico?
Yes, these are my pages (is getting filtered so i can't post the url)
face /waroartwork/
twitter /Carwaro

Go to conventions, get your name out there, be nice. Networking is very important,etc regardless of where you're from this will help(probably).

20000-60000 copies is a healthy number. The averange american floppy ranges between 10000 and 30000, the later generally being cape comics.

iirc the french handle similar numbers, and the italians allegedly sell ridiculous numbers.

>but for most cases you normally sell your publishing rights at 2000€ and that's all you have.

jesus christ. no royalties?

this too

Are you the writer or the artist?
If you are the artist pls be my waifu

Fuck this looks fantastic. You did this all by yourself? Do you have a blog?

Oh wait nevermind. You have to make a tumblr or something. Imgur is not the place.

he said he's on facebook and twitter.

a tumblr would also be a nice idea.

I try to participate everywhere I am invited to. I go to conventions, but also give talks and do some masterclasses about how did I managed with my first project or about watercolors and character design.

> jesus christ. no royalties?
Sorry, it sounded too bad. You get 2000€ in advance for selling your publishing rights and around 5-8% of royalties on average.

Waroart.tumblr is her tumblr. She got quite fans in Facebook and IG.

I am the artist, but I am writing through my brother cause my English is not as good as I wish.

I do all the art, my brother is the scriptwriter but we both had this idea for a comic since we were little.

I have a tumblr too, but i do not uptade it as frequently as other pages:
waroart (.tumblr) (.com)

I recommend focusing on twitter and tumblr. Those are the best platforms for sharing this kind of art. People will eat this up.

Yeah, facebook is only good if you have an established following. If you are a relative unknown, it doesn't help much, even among spanish speakers who generally prefer facebook.

Bump for you

Oh man it's going to be fun seeing them cry when all their shit gets deleted on CP charges for French nudity

pretty interesting stuff op, good luck

bumping for interest

Bump

Nice work, what happens if it doesn't get funded though?

Do they stay with the partial rights and it stays in limbo forever?

You have high skill, and above average imagination.

However, for blatant self promotion, you are a faggot.

>Promoviendo un comic en Forshan
Muy mal Opi, muy mal...
Dices que esto lo estan publicando/distribuyendo en Mexico... en que tiendas o lugares se esta distribuyendo?

I wonder if OP's heard of Ava's Demon?