ITT: Movies non-spiritual people will never understand

ITT: Movies non-spiritual people will never understand

(And I'm not saying you have to believe in Christianity or any specific religion to understand it.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm an atheist and it was my favourite movie of last year by far

Me too.
You just need to have some guiding principle or belief that is incredibly important to you. If you can understand the pain of having something that gives you the strength to keep going methodically taken away from you, you'll get the movie.

Noah

Absolute kino

Spring Breakers

I understood it alright. In fact, as an atheist I understood it even better. It's really obvious how much Marty is struggling/has struggled with his spirituality. He ultimately ended the movie on a good note but I don't think he himself believes any longer. A person can never lose that part of themselves from their heart but can lose it from their mind. I grew up Christian, and had many fond memories of going to church, of my grandpa teaching me prayers I can say, of moments where I actually felt the grace of God over me. One can never lose that. But as you grow older, you get away from it. You shake it off. In a lot of ways, the movie parallels the typical losing of faith story that many people go through, including Marty and including me. Marty hopes that his life will end like the movie ends, with his faith by his side, rekindled in old age. I'm not that optimistic.

The Tree of Life

The Fountain

This was a great film and demonstrated the power or, at least, the importance of having faith in something. Life can be so terrible, and people can have so little; faith can be so much to some.

>You just need to have some guiding principle or belief that is incredibly important to you.

This sounds like spirituality to me, I doubt the vast majority of people have this or have even thought about it.

It is, and you're likely right. People are spiritually deprived in Western society. Silence may be a movie that some people literally don't understand, or are ignorantly hostile to. It's pretty lame, pretty disappointing.

The only thing the movie showed is how religious people are hypocrites and shape their beliefs to their convenience when things get real tough.
If the priest had truly legitimate belief, he would be fine with the people being tortured and killed, because of his confidence that they would go to heaven and experience bliss for eternity. But when he couldn't handle the abuse anymore he just decided that it was okay to renounce Christianity publicly and its god.

Fuck off idiot

Love all these three and I'm a spiritual atheist

Trash
Shit

Care to explain me why I'm wrong?

>Love all these three and I'm a spiritual atheist
You're a soulless half breed

Silence got snubbed so hard

I didn't say you were wrong. I told you to fuck off because that is irrelevant.

>Silence
>because there's no God
>priests are shown to be fools
>Christian japs were only faking it
If you think this movie is in any way spiritual you're ignorant as fuck

im an atheist, and i thought the movie was pretty fucking

i should say ,however, i did think the main character (and liam nesson's character) was a complete moron. but adam driver's character, i had more respect for him. he stuck to his principles

yeah. I am atheist. this kino is kino. 8.7/10

Is this bait? The book was written by a japanese catholic, Scorsese is catholic and the premiere was for the Vatican or some shit, it's a Christian movie.

*pretty fucking GOOD

lol

I think the movie want to express criticism against the culture of martyrdom that has existed in christianity a long time. The main character sacrificed more than Adam Driver by not becoming a martyr, but by pretending to deny God for the rest of his life, which probably was harder for him.

The New World
The Wind Rises

The cross in his hands in the end shot of the movie shows that the Andrew Garfield actually had stuck with God obviously, so he also stuck to his principles.

He learned to be a Christian like the Japanese people are, suffering by being forced to denounce their faith for the wellbeing of their families and themselves.

I liked Silence quite a lot. Shame it bombed comercially; Scorsese seemed to be passionate about the movie.

they believed apostatizing damned them to hell for eternity.

No, it's a movie made by a Christian, the movie itself is about the absence of God and the possibility that their faith is bullshit.

doesn't matter, he's still going to hell as an apostate.

he just made up a little story about jesus telling him it was okay so he could feel better about being damned.

The point of the movie was, right or wrong, if god exists or not, his reactions to all human action will be total silence.

I would have thought this, if it weren't for the rooster crowing after he defaces Jesus. I felt that implied that Christianity was the truth, especially since it didn't offer an alternative for belief, as the priests generally seemed pretty miserable outside of the faith

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k

was ok. haven't seen last temptation but that is probably better.
Bringing out the Dead was too

Noah is kino
I have pic related hanging on my wall, guess the artist

The Man Who Knew Infinity

A movie about how human spirituality and the mathematical foundations that makeup the universe are intertwined.

Hacksaw Ridge
The Young Pope

No I'm not lol

Yeah

>watch some priest review this movie
>he goes on the entire time about his faith would have been unshaken if he were in their position
It was like watching a edgy teen talk about what they would have done if they were in an action movie or some shit