Recommendation for picky new reader?

So, a bunch of my friends are interested in comics all of a sudden. They asked for some stuff to start reading, not on the regular, but more casually.

>Friend number one specifically asked for Civil War because she loves the movies and loved Cap 3, I gave her my old TPB and I don't expect her to actually like it.

>Friend number two specifically asked for Old Man Logan, I gave him the Millar/McNiven trade and issue one of the Secret Wars mini. He's into gory stuff, so it should be okay.

>Friend number three, the calm, bookwormy type, wanted to read some X-Men. I gave her the first Whedon/Cassaday thread. Not a lot of knowledge needed to enjoy it, and it's pretty good tbf.

>Friend number four asked for some Spidey, I gave him the second Slott solo trade for the No One Dies arc alone. He's the jock/engineer type, so it's going to be his first and last comic ever. He'll sill appreciate it.

But then there's friend number five, who doesn't like comics or superheroes or nothing of the nerdy type really. She's the girlier type of the bunch, likes Disney animation, romance movies and makeup.

This is where I turn to you, my dear Sup Forums brethren. Do you think pic related be a good starting point, or at least an enjoyable read? If not, what would you recommend?

Gotham Academy.

Bone

Archie is really really good. I would recommend Gotham Academy or Batgirl as well.

Bone. Archie. Jughead. Gotham Academy. Bone. Seriously. Bone is THAT good.

Anything by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Sandman

Maybe go for a good drama sobstory like I Kill Giants.

Or the recent Jem comics have actually been good from the bits I've seen.

And I don't like Lumberjanes but they've gotten enough praise that some demographic must love them, and she might be that.

If you wanna sneak some horror her way they did reprints of Haunted Love comics from back in the day.

And fuckit idk maybe The Beauty?
I got nothing makeup related I can think of.

Oh and Anya's Ghost is another good one.

Romance list from the old Sup Forums recommend tumblr

Mostly old comics and Bitches Love Spiderman.

this.
bone her

Archie is alright, but I dropped it once they revealed how asinine the main conflict was. As others said, Bone is an amazing read. Archie's game adaptions like Mega Man and Sonic after issue 252 are fun reads. If you like capes then Shazam: Monster Society of Evil is one of the the best (also made by the creator of Bone, funny enough). Also, for your friends:

The Original Civil War was garbage, and nothing like the movie. If she's watching it because of the movie then she isn't going to enjoy it. Civil War 2 on the other hand, is borderline unreadable. It tries to be like the movies, but only in the most shallow way possible. It's like circus monkeys were tasked to make an event based off of what they saw in the trailers. If you're going to give her anything, then give her classic Silver-Age/Bronze-Age Avengers, like the original Secret Wars event and Infinity Gauntlet.

Old Man Logan is not very good, but if he's into gore then he'd probably enjoy it. I'd also recommend stuff like the Punisher and general horror comics if that's his taste.

Just go with classic X-men here. X-men is notoriously difficult to get into because of how ridiculously convoluted the plot progressively gets, and with the largest cast in a comic ever, it's going to be hard to keep track of them.

I hate to sound like an old record, but if he's a newcomer, then get him classic Spider-man. Up until the 90's, Spider-man comics are the best cape comics out there before it takes a steep dip and quality that it never actually recovers from. If you want a more modern comic, then Marvel Adventures Spider-Man is great. Spider-man/Human Torch is also good, and it's written by Slott as well.

Hope this helps, OP.

Bellybuttons
Tintin
Asterix
Spirou and Fantasio

Also these.

betty and veronica

Thank you so much, senpai. I'll get her Bone and probably Spider-Man loves Mary Jane, I remember reading it when it was first released and it was very good.

WTF, "senpai", not "senpai".

>Friend number one specifically asked for Civil War because she loves the movies and loved Cap 3, I gave her my old TPB and I don't expect her to actually like it.
Did you let her know that it's not much like and significantly worse than the movie?

>he's the girlier type of the bunch, likes Disney animation, romance movies and makeup.

Les Nombrils / The Bellybuttons

She'll probably like french adventure comics. There's probably funny slice of life stuff in Fantagraphics too.

I did, she didn't seem to care.

Hell, someone told her about that "Iron Spidey" outfit and she seemed curious enough to read what was that all about.

Bone is hot garbage. Try Paper Girls, any DC Decetive Comics, and a series called Girls.

>Calls bone hot garbage
>Recommends Girls

6/10 clever idea peppering in a couple passable recommendations alongside the trolling.

How would you compare Ms Marvel to Gotham Academy for starters?

Also, any self-contained recommendations?