What does Sup Forums think of this show?

What does Sup Forums think of this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFXm6V1NQCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

** chinchilla noises **

A friend convinced me this show, despite its visual appearance, had an incredibly deep and thought-provoking story. He also stressed that he wasn't shitting me in the least about this.
To this day, I'm still not sure whether he was punking me, or maybe there's some totally bizarre plot line I'm not getting.

One of a few shows by adult swim I've never seen even one episode of, actually.

I don't think, I act.

My friend and I had this weird obsession with this show when we were in high school and he's convinced there's some actual story tying everything together masked by seemingly nonsensical scenes and dialogue.

Personally I think the show is complete but deliberate nonsense made by people with a good sense of humor. Nevertheless he and I both agree that there's something mysterious about the show that pulls us in and makes us want to see what happens for some reason, even though it seems any time the story starts to go in any sensible direction, something else happens that defies all logic, or the episode just ends.

Others posit that the episodes are told out of order, but nobody has suggested a particular sequencing of episodes as far as I've seen.

A fucking masterpiece!!

I already did it.

Quite possibly the best cartoon ever made. It's continuity and overarching plot are better than any western cartoon. Better than Avatar, better than Gravity Falls, anything. It's funny as hell, and no you don't have to be stoned to enjoy it, I sure wasn't. What a damn fine show. I hate to be that faggot who says "OH MAN, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT", but there's some people who legit do not get it. I'm disappointed in those people.

>THIS!!

...VT? Is that you?

Are you me?

I had a friend who sat me down to watch it all and I just could not understand it

it belongs in the trash

It's the most obvious proof that Adult Swim is run by fart-sniffing hipsters. You'd think they were just running this ironically, and you'd be half-right. They know it's shit, they made it, and they kept running it because people hated it so much.

An arthouse show that represented everything that made Adult Swim interesting in the first place. It had terrible animation with a budget of quarters and plot that was both simultaneously well thought out suspenseful whilst nonsensical.

It really is a show that'd you'd either grow to love or grow to hate, a niche cartoon that'd you'd never see expect to actually get released on television and I think that's commendable.

RENID

Adult Swim best show.

youtube.com/watch?v=dFXm6V1NQCg

>THIS!

EYE liked it.

Experimental art. Took themes touched upon in Squidbillies and Aqua Teen to their breaking point, and thus broke down perceptions of animation and plot-centric cartoons in the process. Unironically groundbreaking; I doubt we'll see something like its kind again.

> he's convinced there's some actual story tying everything together masked by seemingly nonsensical scenes and dialogue.

Episodes were filled with secret messages and tons of easter eggs. He wasn't making stuff up.

bulletproof

I did it.

>tfw this show ended almost a decade ago

My God

Are you drunk?

>I guess we're not done
>that beautiful final episode
>that cliffhanger

What a shame. Could've been a masterpiece had it been longer.

NOT
DRUNK
ENOUGH

Watched three episodes and got bored. I feel like I should give it a chance because people laud the story so much

I have nothing against stoner humor, but holy shit, this one is hardcore

On a scale Aquateen is marijuana, Superjail is LSD and 12z Mouse is fucking crack with some meth sprinkled over it

STOP THAT

Skillet X new guy is the only OTP I have ever had

Unironically one of my favorite shows in existence.
The cast is fun, the voice acting is amazing, and despite the animation there's a real sense of weight and stake to everything; even if you're never quite sure what the hell is actually happening at any given time.

EYE saw you DrEYEving the tank.

I made kinda like random comedy.

Generic adult swim garbage