Dark Times Reloaded

These dark times never end... but hey, more Dark Times!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cato Neimoidia is coooooool.

Desann?!

Sounds like H2's former master was a real stand up fellow.

>reptile stupid

Wow writer, that's racist bro.

Someone should have a few words with this writer!

Just give up already, dude.

Dass here has kind of an Obi-Wan look to him.

Aw, poor Vader got excited about killing some Jedi.

I love that get-up. He looks pretty damn cool.

That's cute, they're playing with their toy lightsabers!

Nice shooting, Tex.

>OK, here's my lightsaber then!

>muh honor

Damn, what an asshole.

>THIS TIME
>IT'S PERSONAL

Dado BTFO

Now you're just trying too hard, Darth.

lol

I wouldn't go around telling people my real name, you know.

I wouldn't either, but people in Star Wars have never been particularly smart about that.

Shit's about to go down!

>blasted blasters

whoops

Awww

You don' fucked up, son

youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo

Geez, lady.

Ember is worst girl.

Too bad she wins the Jennirbowl

Yeah. I mean I don't mind a redemption arc at all, but I guess I still feel like she never truly earned it.

A fair point.

I love their clothes, they look vaguely samurai-ish, but not enough that it becomes distracting.

>MUH HONOR

Ha! Savage.

Christ.

He is just the sassiest motherfucker in the galaxy, and I love him.

Aw shit, it's /ourguy/!

>all these based Jedi that are no longer canon
Hold me, anons.

These sorts of characters and stories are why I got really pissed off when dark horse lost star wars and people started coming out of the woodwork to pretend that darkhorse never made a single quality star wars story.

All they're are dirt sticking cold blooded reptiles used to have a nice clean mammalian neighborhood until the economy went to shit a the reptiles moved in at least the amphibious creature have a sense of decency before the con you out of money

It's really bizarre, isn't it? All these people who were so ready to dismiss the EU for the new canon... like, what DID you enjoy, then? Did you just watch the movies, hoping against hope that someone would create a new canon someday? It's just so bizarre.

They never read them, they just assumed they were shit.

They said the same thing about all the novels, and yet every novel since the new canon was established has been HORRID and marvel's track record for star wars so far is at best about on par with dark horse. Darth Vader is the only high quality thing they've got under the star wars label right now.

I found most of the "lol old EU sux" people to be people who never actually read anythingfrom the old EU. They just wanted to troll.

I'm not saying the old EU didn't have some shit, because it did. But it had a lot of great content as well.

Trips confirm. What neighborhood was that, Taris?

They were the people who read summaries of the crap from the EU online and never went any further.

There was a metric shit ton of stuff in the old EU. Of course there was crap, but there was more good stuff than I can even remember offhand.

It was a mixed bag, like every multimedia universe ever. I do feel like there's something a bit... off about the new canon, like it feels too safe and sanitized? Like they don't want it to get too crazy like the old EU, but I dunno, part of the fun was that, as long as you don't bring in really retarded shit like Jedi Hutts and Triclops.

Pretty much. They were the types who would watch Red Letter Media videos of them reading Wookieepedia articles and they'd go WOW THIS SHIT SUCKS.

So far, nothing I've seen from the new EU has hit the highs of the old one. It hasn't had some of the weirdness either, which can be good or bad, depending on perspective. I didn't mind when Star Wars got a bit weird.

I get the same impression. Especially with the star wars main line book.

That whole book is them trying to be SUPER safe, while also trying to do crazy things that have no actual impact because it can't.

Everything they do in the main book feels like it's trying to be a grand spectacle, but it doesn't have to be, and shouldn't be, when you aren't allowed to do anything with the characters that might affect them in any serious way.

It's part of why Vader is such a better book.
Vader is ultimately untouchable, but the supporting cast are all new and all fair game.

Dark Horse nailed this, and it's why they fully embraced the story settings outside of the movies, like dark times.

The characters have no future outside of those stories, they can be born and die there, and it makes it more real.

Hindsights a real cunt isn't it Vader

Oh shit, it's this guy again!