Young Animals

Sell me on Young Animals. Why should I like this?

If you don't read it then you're a fag

read it and form your own opinion maybe? Sup Forums wont always be here to make up your mind for you

It's not the bland retread schlock that Rebirth is doing.

I've been reading it. I'm up to date. Mother Panic is kinda cool. Doom patrol is okay. Cave Carson was meh. Shade is absolute trash.

But the response is always that I have shit taste, so I want to know why I should like it. I want people to try and sell me on it.

experimental titles with niche characters

there's not much else to say as to the imprint's concept, but it's one worth supporting IMO.

Well...you do seem to have shit taste.
So do whatever you like and stop crying to us about it?

Because it has big titted asians.

You really defended your point well. A+

Fair

If that's how you rank them you might should just go ahead and accept that you won't agree with the majority opinion here, since most people on Sup Forums seemed to think Mother Panic was the weakest Young Animal series by far.

Young Animal is just offering a lot more than we're getting from other cape comics. Each has a fairly unique story with elements of mystery and adventure, and they've all already established some kind of emotional core to keep people reading.

There's a more experimental and higher level of storytelling than we usually see. Just look at Casey's origin story in Doom Patrol #3, which was kind of a double origin (she'll be joining Doom Patrol because of what she learned about her creation) that made references to DC's and Doom Patrol's past with experimental structure. Compare that to, let's say Godspeed, who got hit by a random storm and had the most predictable reveal ever.

They're experimental, fun, well written, and have some nice art. It's not for everybody though, if you haven't liked Young Animal so far I'd say just move on to something else.

>Shade is absolute trash
Okay, yeah, you do have shit taste

why are you people so autistic

>DUDE SAME NAME IN ANOTHER COUNTRY LMAO

>Can't take a joke
>Calls others autistic

Really makes you think.

+distinctive art (for DC)
+more personal form of storytelling
+none of the concepts are original but its "something else", unique on all capecomics atm

-DP reads like morrison fanfic
-Shade is taking too long to make sense and start a coherent story arc
-MP's art aint to everyone's taste

anyone who cares even a little about DC should buy them

-cave carson will give you bendis ptsd cause of oeming art

I'm loving Doom Patrol and really enjoying Shade too.

Mother Panic and Cave Carson are a bit too early to say, but neither first issue really blew me away.

Shade makes plenty of sense.
Alien possessed a coma girl who was a bully

What more do you need to know?

youve summarized exactly what has happened in 2 issues in 2 short sentences.

this much decompression is what numarvel does. it doesnt make sense to wank around this much without getting on to something. more shit happens in half an issue of mother panic than in 2 issues of shade

I kinda see it as a book about the character interactions so I feel like it works well enough at this pace

>I dun liek comic
>convince me why I should so I can subscribe to the hivemind

Fuck off and learn to trust your own opinions. OP is truly a faggot

I would say too much shit happens in MP, and as a result suffers as the weakest entry of the line.

Shade has pacing more akin to manga, I find. Which makes sense given it has roots in that shojo/josei aesthetic both visually and storywise

Also;
DP>Cave Carson>Shade>Mother Panic

if I like doom patrol/Mother panic, are there any other currently running comics by other companies that I would like?

they are pretty good so far

Its weird and it doesn't suck.