For fucks sake Marvel. I thought you were smarter than this

For fucks sake Marvel. I thought you were smarter than this.

He had a body...

>"Character design is HAAAARD"

Why don't they just fucking follow the source?

Was he naked?

He was still a big CGI blob cloud monster and not the badass from the comics.

My 65 year old father who read Doctor Strange books for most of his young adult life had no problem with the design, and even liked that they put in the vertical lines as a nod to his original design.
Don't be such a sad cunt.

Cause the source is pretty gay.

>2016
>People still expect comic book movies to look identical to the comics

>people still think that they, a kissless virgin who has never made anything creative in their life, know better than Marvel at how to make comic book movies.

>It's okay when Marvel does it.

echoing this; my 50 something year old dad who grew up on marvel comics and read copious amounts of dr strange (he was pointing stuff out to me during the movie like "oh this is the new york sanctum that'll be strange's new place") had absolutely no problem with the dormammu design

My dad even knew that Wong was using the Wand of Watomb for the end battle. Like, goddamn.

It's his dimension. I don't think a 12 foot tall flaming head would give the impression of a dimensional conqueror.

Speaking of this, the fuck was up with the fucking Staff of the Living Tribunal? If Mordo is harnassing THAT level of power how is he not unstoppable? And how do you even harness TLT?

It was just a tribute

it might be a very small fraction of power. the relics were imbued with power, never said how much.

i'm sure it will never be explained, for the most part never be featured in a movie again, and remain just an easter egg

The guy in the middle is?

The worst villain design for the worst DC movie

who's the guy at the top?

Parallax, the entity embodying Fear in the DC universe. In the comics he's a giant parasitic space bug that can force his want into your body and corrupt you. In the movie he's a space cloud octopus.

And what whould you prefer? Strange standing at his feet? Do you realize how akward that would look?

I'm okay with this direction because he clearly had a body and wasn't just a disembodied cloud of evil, but I am a little disappointed that he looks so much like MCU Ultron.

Dormammu, I've cum on your feet

I wish I had a dad that was this cool.

It was probably so casuals didn't get confused and think he was Ghost Rider.

My dad's really cool to watch movies with, mainly cause he's really into the new ones for being generally well written compared to the 2000s shit.

The only superhero movies he's ever hated were BvS and Deadpool (the latter via rewatch)

The only modern super movie that my father has disliked was MoS, and that was just because we saw it in IMAX and it was way too loud for him. Ruined the entire experience of an average movie.

Relax, nerd.

My step-dad doesn't care at all about superhero movies and thinks they're childish (he plays Mafia RPG websites and World of Warcraft).

>I WILL FIND HIM
>Eye laser scenes
>Giant ear rape vagina ships
>Neck snap scream

It was like taking a train to hell

Krypton hadn't even been destroyed by the time we were leaving. It was so obnoxious. At least it was early enough to get our money back.

don't forget the dildo shaped prison pods

>The worst villain design for the worst DC movie

Haha, not even on either count.
And Poo-ralax is not really worse than Doomsday.

Damn, I wish my dad was like yours and other user's

My dad loved the 2000s capeshit, his favorite cape movie is Fantastic Four. He also enjoyed Daredevil, Batman & Robin, anything. I think the only one he disliked was Ang Lee's Hulk.

To be honest I think he has fallen behind in movies on the last 10 years, he can't follow plots anymore. Watched Doctor Strange with him and my mom and while she loved it, dad didn't understand it at all.

>reading shitty capeshit comics
>cool

>muh hivemind strawman

> I thought

That was your first mistake

WHICH THEY FUCKING HAD A GREAT DESIGN FOR UNTIL SOMEONE OPENED THEIR BIG FUCKING MOUTH

>marlel
>smart

Because we Hollywood artists know better than those fucking nerds in comics.

>I'm okay with this direction because Marvel did it

ftfw

>calactus
>parylax
i don't know what the third is

It worked for the context of the scene. If he was humanoid it wouldn't make sense they didn't just fight. It'd look weird seeing Dorm in humanoid form blasting Strange over and over again.
because the world doesn't owe you shit, despite you thinking it does

>expecting people here to give a shit about context

I fucking love comics but if there's one thing I've learned over the past twenty years of reading them it's that most fanboys are obnoxious, self-righteous morons that can't see the forest for the trees.

What movie was that Galactus from?

Because a flaming skull human with a hotdog isn't scary enough for a demon lord.

If that's actually movie concept art then I'm legit fucking mad. It's damn near perfect.

Right? You know if Fox/DC did this there would've been a lot of posts bashing it but now people are okay with this because 'DUDETRIPPYLOL'? Fuck out of here.

Fantastic Four 2

Oh fuck off with this. HES NOT A FUCKING CLOUD

All I remember from that movie was a big cloud entity and nothing resembling Galactus at all. Not even the fire shape from the OP

Its right when Surfer kills him (somehow). Apparently in the heart of the cloud theres a energy source shaped like his helmet

correct however they feared test audience wouldn't respond the way they wanted.

>Test audience
Fucking worthless. I keep hearing this shit when uncovering what might have gone wrong with cape movies. Its bullshit numbers/data that suits use to push their own creative choices. The real answer is someone didnt want to shell out cash for the effect

It looks like some CGI Predator-dragon hybrid but in the worst way imaginable.

Dormammu being a giant head with a stupid ROARRHHRGHH I AM EVIL voice was my only letdown with the movie. I'm hoping he reappears in the future and looks more like how he should.

I think it's stupid to compare these. Galactus was a cloud because they wanted to save his reveal for the Silver Surfer movie that never happened. Parallax was a face because test audiences. Dormammu was done like this on purpose because he's a multidimensional god-like being whose form Strange could barely comprehend. It was big and crazy and trippy. Him having a flaming head out of nowhere would have felt out of place. His head fit the aesthetic of the Dark Dimension.

>wanting your extra dimensional horror to just be a tall guy with Ghost Rider head

>How he should
Mind posting a reference other than MvC3? Because I would really like to know which one you're referring to. Had the magical fucker been sporting an orange head, half of you would be complaining.
>Head is made of mystic energy
>Actually had the stupid shoulderpads
>Surprisingly has the Ditko face lines
Marvel does fuck up a lot, but Dormammu wasnt one of them in my opinion

His head fit the aesthetic of looking like the flat nosed blobby darth whateverious/cave troll/doomsday/voldemort that's so in fashion

His cock is made of Faltine flame.

The DarkHold and Serpent's Crown also channel extra-dimensional entities. Those make you the bitch of said entity.

Mordo believes in natural order. as does LT, so he is able to use the Staff. It shows that he is seriously rigid in his beliefs that LT backs him.

Dormammu was fine. He wasn't an amorphous space blob, he was just so fucking massive that all we got to see was his face, and a bit of his shoulders.

He who shall not be bargained with

When the scene began I actually thought it would begin with him as the giant head, which makes sense if he's just energy in his own dimension, but then he would take a more comic accurate form to confront strange. Seeing Dormammu standing there towering over him would have been pretty cool in my opinion. I also always envisioned his voice as sounding more cunning given the subterfuge he used to take over the dark dimension to begin with. I really disliked his generic giant evil guy voice.

Oh well both user fathers liked the design, we should get some mods to close the thread

They had Benedict do the face cap and I imagine the voice as well.

At the end of the day, people are still bitching about his head being the wrong color. Im just happy they did something neat in an otherwise very simplistic design. Im not saying all change is good, but Dormammu was the rare instance of doing something right/different while still being faithful to the source

The fact is, Ghost Rider happened. The movies, then in AoS. Now anything Marvel does cannot have flaming heads or they will be compared to hose things, or assumed to be associated with them. Flame-head Dormammu will likely never happen, get over it.