What does Sup Forums thinks about Welcome to Night Vale?

What does Sup Forums thinks about Welcome to Night Vale?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AcfyuoyOkg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4
quietplease.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pure tumblr pandering
>le homos
>le quircky indie music
>le sorandum horror

Pleb shit for feggets

Oh hey this thing! I was really enjoying it and got past the first 20 or so episodes when I found out they were doing a live show near me.

Dropped it like a rock when I found out how goddamn cringey and "hirsute" the audience was. I was clearly misinterpreting things. The part where a small black girl leads a violent militia of child soldiers was not the wacky isn't this so crazy bit i thought it was. The live show made it clear it was a YAAASQUEENSLAY situation.

Live show also made it clear that unknowable creeping darkness horror just wants a hug. I think it's a matter of placing my own desires for something much cooler on the show, than the grown up sesame street it is.

Only listened to the first episode and I thought it was charming.

I thought so too, but they don't go anywhere with anything. The problem is it makes you think it's setting something up but they really are just spewing random shit. Kinda like "lost".

Listened to around 50 episodes, after that it kinda got stale. The whole progressive thing is pushed a little too hard.

Had a friend who liked it, it wasnt very interesting, he turned out to be a furry too so im not friends with him anymore

It's the definitive definition of "LOL SO RANDOM XD"
Literally anything can happen and that's the appeal, I listen to it to go to sleep.

sometimes i think i'm the only one not following any podcast.

Haven't listened in years. I used to love it, but the joke got tired after a bit. Maybe I should listen again, since I've been getting back into podcasts.

It's definitely a "Love the product, hate the fans" thing. When you start pandering to the Sensitive Joss Whedons your show's gonna suffer. I just hope they toned down on Cecil and Carlos' shit, it's cute that they present it as no big deal but it gets cute to the point that I'm reminded how miserable I am with nogf.

Alice Isn't Dead, Joseph Fink's other show, is fucking stellar, it gets dark as shit but it works since it's a lot less random than WTNV. Jeffrey Cranor's show Within The Wires takes a LOT of getting used to but it's clever and occasionally funny, plus it's an anthology.

Orbiting Human Circus is fucking trash though.

This is the most grasping attempt at special snowflakeism I've ever seen
>Sometimes I think I'm the only one who doesn't drink hot chocolate on a Tuesday morning, hmmm, looks like you've all got a lot of growing up to do
Who gives a fuck what you do

Is this a TV show?

Podcast, it's an audio show.

There's a book too.

Podcast and books

Isn't Alice isn't dead the show about a lesbian trucker trying to find her colored lover? And you say that's less cringey/sjw than the other one. That's impressive.

On the other hand "the weather" has introduced me to several bands I quite enjoy. Jason Webley seemed creepy in person but I still enjoy his stuff.

Gotcha. Nice tranny tho.

QT af Cecil there.

Here's one I found a while back, at a con.

I have a lot of friends who are fans, so I tried listening to it a few years ago. I listened to the first 3 or four episodes and didn't really enjoy any of it, because it seemed too tryhard and unfunny. I can see why other people would enjoy it, though, I have a weird sense of humor and shows like this really aren't for me.

i think it's the second time i've seen someone talk about it here

I hate how the fans think Cecil dresses, Going by his descriptions of his outfits it always seemed to me he dressed like a flamboyant homosexual

It's like Darkplace but without any jokes and much much worse

The Deb of Night is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=-AcfyuoyOkg

On the live show he dressed like the guy from the FREE MONEY commercials.

I've grown a lot less tolerant since my tumblr days. I don't deal with gender/race politics as easy anymore. I think there should be a limit to what kind of pronouns you use (I'll respect if you wanna be called xir but know that it is in no way normal or should be normal.).

That being said, Alice Isn't Dead doesn't dabble in ANY of that. It doesn't even touch on being outcast until, like, the VERY last episode of the most recent season. The word "lesbian" is never even used, or brought up.

It's just a cool story about a road trip, evil government conspiracies, shadowy organizations, and dirty rest stops, with a protagonist that just really wants to find her wife.

Thank you for brining this to my attention. Time to reinstall.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

Also this. Fucking full of idiot lefties.

I don't really see Darkplace at all. If anything it's more original Twin Peaks, quirky characters in a small town where creepy shit goes on.

Is "hirsute" the new term for Rootless, Transnational, Cosmopolitans? (((Coastal Elites)))?

No, it's the old term for furry/hairy. I am saying that I went to the live show and sat in the same row as furries and they were amongst the less cringy amongst the special snowflake outfits in the audience.

Jesus christ, even worse than I thought. I thought you were just referring to hairy jews.

I havent listened. What do they discuss? What would be the exact opposite of them?

>Who gives a fuck what you do, except me which is why I reply.

>implying podcasts are just people talking to one another

Good job user

>stop noticing political agendas

Tumblrina version of Prairie Home Companion

It takes the form of a local radio show reporting the news in a small desert town that's got a lot of freaky shit happening.

The joke is that it's all perfectly normal to them. There's a faceless old woman who lives in your home, librarians are horrifying hellbeasts, wheat and wheat by-products are deadly, angels (who are all named Erika and can't be called angels) regularly help out at the home of a little old lady, there's a gay couple, there's a """secret""" police force that kidnaps people in plain sight, just a bunch of really bizarre silly shit. Some of it's really good, some of it's kinda bad (all the gay shit) but it's always fucking weird.

Sounds kind of neat.

Sure the concept is great but the execution is ultra cringe

Yes, it SOUNDS neat. In practice it's fun for a very short time and then gets repetitive, stale, and cringey.

what podcasts do you recommend tv?

I'd definitely give it a listen, the narrator's voice is comfy as shit and for a while it got some really good jokes. I personally really dig the eps "A Story About You" and "A Beautiful Day".

It gets tiring after a while though.

Lore and ... i think thats it, there are no more good podcasts.

The Unexplained
The No Sleep Podcast
The Deep Vault
The Horror!(Old Time Radio
Relic Radio Sci-Fi(Old Time Radio)
Myths and Legends
Lore
Knifepoint Horror
BBC Radio 4 Drama of the Week
Archive 81

S-Town, I'm still going through it but it's got a Fargo-esque vibe I really dig. Slowed down a bit right now though.

The Black Tapes is a ghost-centric X-Files, and I was listening to that for a while.

Limetown is fucking amazing.

I enjoy it. Though they really do force Cecil's homosexual relationship in almost every episode later on. It doesn't annoy me per se, but it makes me think if it isn't just because the voice actor is actually gay. Let's be honest, it probably is.

Oh he's a FLAMING faggot. I followed him on Instagram a while back, half his shit's just tour photos and the other half is him shirtless or wearing makeup.

He's also got HIV, so that's a thing.

In concept it's amazing, in execution it's quite dull. It's not funny enough or spooky enough to be entertaining, they just continually pump out weird scenario after weird scenario in between obscure bands you've never heard about and the endless homo shilling betweeen Cecil and his scientist boytoy (it was somewhat quirky and interesting in the begninning, like the Carlos' physical appearance had some odd effect on Cecil, but it's really just unconcealed burning homo lust that they can't resist shoving into every episode). I gave it ~20 episodes before I dropped it for good.
quietplease.org/

I liked it at first but stopped listening to it when I heard that it was Tumblr.

What podcast app do you recommend?