IT continuing to break records:

IT continuing to break records:

>Pennywise is still devouring box office records. Coming Soon reports that IT floated past the record for the largest September Tuesday, earning $11.4 million. This is far beyond the previous record, set by Sully‘s $4.8 million last year. This comes after IT also broke the September Monday record with $8.8 million (previously held by The Sixth Sense‘s $6.37 million from 1999). The largest Tuesday for a horror film prior to this was The Conjuring‘s $5.6 million.

>This brings the film’s domestic total to $143.6 million in only five days. It earned $66.3 million internationally for a worldwide total of $209.9 million off a budget of $35 million. It earned a B+ CinemaScore from audiences. It’s international numbers come from 10,665 screens in 46 international markets, the largest opening ever for a horror film and the largest opening for a horror film and a September film in Russia and Australia, as well as the biggest horror film opening in Brazil, Holland and Poland. It’s the largest 2017 opening for Warner Bros Pictures in 19 markets, including Russia, Australia, Spain, Poland, Norway, Belgium, Finland, Denmark and Chile.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jesus

that feel when the freddy reboot might actually be good

>$210 million in 5 days
Where's the tripfag

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o

IT didnt have the entirety of Florida its opening weekend because of the hurricane. Now theres a bunch of people with no power or time off, of course its gonna do well.

Looks like horror is going to overthrow capeshit

Dude I went to a Gainesville theater the night before the hurricane and there were lines waiting to get into the damn auditorium for IT. And that was at 11pm because every earlier showing was sold out.

Based /ourclown/ wins again

Oy vey!

In China, IT is called THEY

Is this really only a part 1? They didn't say it was. Feels bait and switch.

Is it fun being a shill?

Yep. When the film ends, before the credits scroll, it says "It: Chapter 1", implying there will be a part 2.

kino

spooky clowns scare me !!!

>the largest September Tuesday

As well as:

Biggest opening weekend in September (adjusted and unadjusted)

Biggest opening Fall weekend (adjusted and unadjusted)

Biggest horror movie opening weekend

Biggest opening weekend for a Stephen King adaptation

Second biggest opening weekend for an R-rated film

Biggest September Monday

>best blockbuster of the year makes a lot of cash
Sup Forums will get triggered about this

Okay tripfags, what's the excuse now?

Remember according to tripfags, it needs at LEAST 350 million to break even.

Do we agree that It(2017) is pretty comfy and well balanced movie?

oh shit, I guess they raised the number again. I was seeing $250 million at first

I agree

the only thing on that list that can't be attributed to inflation and skyrocketing ticket prices is biggest opening for stephen king film.

Trips confirm it.

how to spot a shill

>they pay attention to tripfags

Literally how? The original movie was stupid, the book was fucking ridiculous, how the fuck is this one topping charts?

clownkino is back on the menu boys

Chapter 2 will be about the cosmic horrors of IT

>$250 million
Nice try DCuck, they need A HUNDRED TONS of liquid unobtanium every nanosecond to break even. Not so "Pennywise" now is it? heh

Why is it plural?

Because thanks to Skarsgard, everyone wants to fuck the clown.

Because most horror movies nowadays are everything but ridiculous. This is a movie about a bunch of likeable kids being tortured by a mysterious creature posing as a clown who is not ruined by exposition in the first 20 minutes of the movie. It's also violent, funny, has an instantly recognizeable villain and sometimes is even scary (subjective of course).

It broke records while 2 major hurricanes are keeping tens of millions of people from going out to see it

Sup Forums was so fucking wrong on this one

Why is he so iconic bros?

Best September opening and Best Fall opening both take inflation into account, idiot

Watched it today and it was like going to a haunted mansions in that it had some really neat set pieces but as a horror movie it really fucked up in that it never created any real sense of dread.

I don't get ITs popularity, and I even had the added nostalgia factor of having grown up with the original. Guess people only care about cool visuals.

Well give us a break, Dark Tower bombing set up to expect IT would fail. And DT had the bigger cast.

Trips of truth.

because spooky clowns scare me

Sick Reddit Shill Meme reference broe!!

spotted the spooked gook

mad

>his lil buck teefs

Why is he so cute, Sup Forums? :3

now that It is a a success will we see more of best girl?

I sure hope so

Need a gif of the severed arm wave to Mike.

>buck teefs
*spider fangs.

>antishills SEETHING
lol

Anytime.

This isn't real enough for you, Sup Forums?
I'M not real enough for you?

It was real enough for Georgie

Anyone with a lick of sense could see the difference between the Dark Tower and It

I C O N I C

Because DeadlightS.

nope

fool me once

what the fuck is deadlights?

Which theater? The one on Archer or the other one?

What are some more King kino film adaptions that one should watch at least once?

the true form of IT.

Good, this will encourage more horror movies to be made.

So does this mean Warner Bros is making its best year ever? Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, It and soon Justice League all in one year. How much money are they swimming in now?

>tfw you realize it's only because there is literally nothing else to see right now
gg g great job I guess

Shame too because JEH could have knocked it out of the park if he was given something to work with.

It was competently made and well acted by the entire main cast (especially Sophia and Skarsgard) with decent special effects.

It didn't make me rethink the horror genre and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be but it was competently made nonetheless.

7/10

the "real burn victim" makeup was a mistake from the get go. i like him, he's one of the few big name actors that could do a decent freddy, but they fucked him from the start

R rated renaissance for sure this time.

Oh boy! We sure don't get enough of those!

M A R K E T I N G

The dimension where It is from and the true essence of his form that is so horrible to look at death or insanity will come to people who have upon it.

It's very Lovecraftian in this sense.

>The dimension where It is from
The dimension is called Macroverse.
Deadlights are true IT.

Ah my mistake.

Been awhile since I read the novel.

Fetus Amy Adams

I never read the book, but I heard there is a literal gangbang scene.

Is this true? If so, what the fuck was Stephen King thinking?

Based IT

holy fuck she is loli amy adams
also how come she didn;t get gang banged in the movie, they forgot to add that
it is in the books

Yes.
All the boys take turns fucking Bev.
King is a a sick pedophile.

I need the dancing Pennywise gif!

They felt the blood oath circle was a better way to show their friendship than everyone fucking Bev.

God I hope so. Maybe I'll start paying for movies again

She should have given 'em blowies while they were swimming.

Can we get a dance off between Chris Pratt and Pennywise?

Dance off, bro!

IT is nothing more than a social media thing. IT isn't popular because it's good, it is popular so millennials want to take selfies at the movie theater or have a fb nostalgia circle jerk. The film is nothing more than mediocre that capitalizes on millennial's self-centered personalities.

Think she got FINNED on the set?

>Drider mandibles
FTFY

You have be be 18 or older to post here

another rushed piece of shit popcorn flick, I just saw it an hour ago and I can't believe people actually thought it was good

>lower budget
>r rated
>made for American audiences

HOLLYWOOD IS SAVED

Thank you!!!

>that strabismus

IT already takes so much from Nightmare on Elm St so hopefully it's success leads to New Line rebooting the series.

>Platinum Dunes
Bay literally hired a guy who doesn't even like horror or Nightmare to direct that garbage.

>I DON'T BELONG IN THIS GENERATION!!!
>I BELONG IN THE 50S!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah m8 IT's a good movie. You're just trying to be a cool contrarian.

HOLY FUCK, how is King not being crucified by SJWs? That is long and graphic, it's not even just something mentioned in passing

>New Line rebooting the series
please no, you know it would never work.

you do know most SJW secretly support pedophiles because they feel sorry for them, you can be a pedophile as long as you do not touch kids

i cannot wait until there is a civil war in america so we can wipe out the sjws

Because it was written in 1986. It was a different time.

Naw, sex involving preteens hasn't been cool for at least 150 years in the US

Imagine. A new Hellraiser. A proper one. Not that C-lost garbage. With a charismatic Pinhead. Make it happen.