really gets the serotonin flowing

>Perfect Blue
>Black Swan

Why is Rosemary's Baby so good?

>paprika
>inception
Hollywood is full of hacks.

it's called an homage you dunce

mother looks great outside of jlaw. if they had casted anyone else i'd be more excited to see it.

holy shit they can't even copy a poster from the 60s and do it well.

The absolute state of designers these days.

atleast inception was good.

>New Aronofsky film...
Great!
>...Starring Jennifer Lawrence
Well shit

>I ripped this off but it's okay because muh Homage.

Homage is just another word for "why even bother you creatively bankrupt fraud"

Eyes Without a Face
Friday the 13th

reminder

They weren't even the same beyond you go inside of dreams and those 2 scenes that were more of a reference to paprika.

she's going to get an Oscar just to piss Trump off isn't it?

I guess Tarantino and Aronofsky went to the same school

Wtf I hate Aronofski now.

Bitch please, they both ripped off the concept from Don Rosa.

Wtf is up with the color saturation and font here, makes it look like a fuckin Christmas movie

Tarantino didn't go to school. he went to films

Pi is Aronofski's only good film.If you think otherwise you are a turbo pleb

That's not even close you fucking retarded maggot

Wtf Noahs tale existed before too
Wait its better than the bible

Perfect blue is shit

going for the unsettling and building up towards the true horror.

Come on nigger,say that to my face.

Lol
/thread Jlaw has no talent

Pleb: Your kino card has been revoked.

cofirmed for never seeing either

I thought The Wrestler was pretty good too, but I haven't seen it since the year it came out. And I enjoyed Black Swan as well, but I just took it as a schlocky 90s-style psychological thriller, I didn't think it was all it was hyped up to be in terms of intellectual depth

Requiem for a Dream is overrated manipulative trash, though. Overall, the best thing Aronofsky ever did was to turn Clint Mansell into an A-list film composer

Requiem For a Dream may suck but it did give us "ASS 2 ASS" which makes it all worth it.

I love PWEI, but at no point did I ever forsee Clint doing soundtracks....
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxycYzogeys

nope

shut up black!

Requiem is for sure overrated but where exactly are you getting "manipulative trash" from

Tarantino says that it was Cross of Iron

its a reference to neon genesis evangelion

not him but it felt like the whole purpose of the movie was just to tug at your heart strings to convince you that drugs are evil. That's part of why I didn't like it

kill yourself you weebshit. no one is aware of pathetic japanese pedobait other than you and other western virgins

>weebshit human trash
>thinks his opinion has anyh weight

I bet you haven't even watched Where Eagles Dare, you pleb. At least you could have used Dirty Dozen which is still a stretch.

good one

the fuck how are those anything alike?

Change them to Wild at Heart and Tarantino's entire filmography and we're good

Satoshi Kon is pretty well known, you mongol.

They were made by now senile directors

I prefer this version

inception was literally made for stupid people to feel smart

anyone with intelligence found that shit boring

>t. smol brain

The only way those two movies were even remotely similar is that someone enters someone else's dream, and the dream can "shatter" like glass. Almost everything else, from themes, imagery, plot, and even just the general approach of the two (one is more of a heist movie, another is more of a psychological one) are completely different.

Wait I thought jews were three brackets. What do two mean or are you being jewish in your typing effort?

More than 1 bracket = Jews
Did you not the memo?

more like Wild at Heart and Natural Born Killers (tarantino only in name though)

>the director is in charge of advertisement
Reddit everyone

Here here, honestly it's so hard to find another man of substance on a board such as this.

Cheers, friend.

Why is intertextuality always brushed off as "ripping off" in film? All art is grown out of other art.

Keep your intersex to yourself

>MOTHER?

> The whole purpose of the movie was to tug at your heartstrings

... and?

>Why is ripping off always brushed off as "ripping off" in film?

this one really triggered me

The Fountain was one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Cross of Iron was all about humanizing the German soldiers, though.

pretty sure it was to show you addiction is awful the whole losing the arm part was a big much but the moms subplot is perfect and sad but not manipulative

2BeeFaire quentin doesn't pretend like he's not copying another movie.
Neither does DePalma
I guess it depends how you feel about Homages...doesnt really detract from me enjoying a movie.

>r.polansky

so I saw a trailer for this movie in the theater, and it had all of this really desperate bullshit like "This movie is gonna MESS you UP!" and "you'll NEVER forget watching this movie! It's so scary lol!"

I'm hoping that's the official trailer and not just theater-specific marketing, because holy shit that was terrible

where's annie?

user I literally saw the same thing this afternoon while seeing IT. Such a shit trailer, I was shocked when I saw Aronofsky.

>Style Over Substance: The Movie

are you in colorado?

>t. brainlet

BRAVO NOLAN
BRA FUCKING VA

So was IB you idiot.

I guess you forgot the medal for bravery scene, brainlet.
>he didn't get a Tarantino flick

I like how people who are reportedly "really into movies" always disregard one of the most common tools within artistic creation and analysis. Synecdoche New York is to Death of a Salesmen what Mother! is to Rosemary's Baby. Taking themes, a set-up, a plot structure, character archetypes, arcs, etc. and placing them within new contexts. No idea is original, only the perspective is.

Holy shit were you the guy sitting by himself

there were multiple people sitting by themselves

this film is going to be kino. so what if it's based on a great movie? aronofsky is a great director. but i shouldn't be surprised posters here would prefer to see ooga booga shock scares IT over this kinographie.