Avengers Vs. X-Men

Welcome back Anons! Last time, we saw from two angles how Norman Osborn and his HAMMER forces were finally defeated. Tonight, it's time for X-Fans to suffer. Time for AvX!

I know, pretty early, but I felt like getting the suffering out while everyone can see it.

Well... that blows.

There goes the neighborhood.

Seriously, I'll never understand WHO decided to push Noh-Varr like this, because it's not like Bendis ever does anything with him.

Don't you hate it when random flying crap hits planes, and YOU'RE the one who has to fix it?

Yeah, focus on the wing, don't even BOTHER wondering about the thing that just went flying through a damn building.

Wow, I knew this was an unpopular comic, but NOBODY? I thought the bad comics get everyone excited to make fun of Bendis.

Okay, so Carol and Spidey are dealing with the falling building... but not the thing that fell.

So are repulsor blasts USUALLY strong enough to atomize a plane wing like that?

... Okay, so I guess the non-powered people (and Noh-Varr) were going to find out what smashed the wing.

If memory serves, this is actually one of the earliest Sam appearances, before his own solo started.

Wow, the others got here quick.

And introducing our hero, Rightclops, in the Grey Condom costume.

!AvX cap is best cap

I saw one user point out that these two scenes really set up who Marvel wants us to believe who the real "heroes" are.

The Avengers are introduced saving lifes by stopping a crashing plane.
The X-Men are introduced by their leader beating up a teenage girl.

There's some people who'd disagree with that assessment, user.

Congratulations Cyclops, she won. Or does that count as "no powers", so you kick her in the chest a few more times?

So Anons, what comes out this week?

And apparently the Stocch marks and wear and tear don't lead you to suspect atmospheric re-entry?

I want you to read this descripition of the Phoenix Force, because the whole premise of this event is hinged on what the Avengers THINK it does.

After months of being ignorant of the Secret Avengers, I've actually READ the arc they're referring to.
There's a bit where the Kree bring Mar-Vell back to life with part of the Phoenix Force. It ended with Carol deciding to be the new Captain Marvel.

So yeah, by the time the tie-ins are over, say goodbye to the Black Costume.

Good lord, Romita JR's art on issue #1 is atrocious.

Ewing's Carol made the same redhead joke in Ultimates.

I know it's been joked about, but this entire plot would've been VERY different if they remembered Rachel was around.

Okay, so people ARE reading this. What the hell people, why would you rob me of that reaction?

Is there anything he drew between early JMS-Spider-Man and this?

Oh fuck, you're the most based user today

I feel bad for that one user who decided "I'm going to read Muh Phoenix instead" last thread.

Notice they actually kept the Fear Itself damages.

I mention that because artists just forgot about those.

>Ah shit, that's a 50 stars and 13 stripes post there, soldier.

What's with that pose, Cyclops?

Before anyone asks, I'm probably just going to go from here back to New Avengers. I'm pretty sure I can fit the entire thing in this thread.

I'm genuinely curious what Cap's plan was going to be. Was he going to try and make sure the Phoenix couldn't posses her period, or make sure she was possessed in a place where she couldn't "Dark Pheonix" and wreck the planet.

I mean, I don't think there IS such a place, but I wonder if he'd try.

Mmm... something is different, but I can't tell what

In case there's still people who don't get the joke, yeah.

We're doing this instead. I'll leave the REAL Avengers vs. X-Men for X-user.

A few things. I remember a bunch of post-Siege Avengers, but I don't remember if he stayed on board after Fear Itself.

I think it's some bad scans. Whatever, it's only Avengers vs. X-Men.

So why aren't Storm and SpiderWoman on the team any more? Also Spiderman is back on the team for some reason.

There's a LOT of things I haven't read, but going from that to this? I wonder if someone slammed a car door on his hands.

>"At least it LOOKS like I have some cushion for my fall."
>Looks
>Daredevil

He's been sub-parr for a while now. I just remembered he also did World War Hulk, and half of that was crappy as well.

I think this is the most important thing to Luke in this series, hence why I don't mind skipping this.

I can only assume because the committee that wrote this event didn't get Bendis's memo.

Honestly, I'm just biased because I genuinely dislike World War Hulk on the writing side.

So Hope at least was in the next X-Force series, what ever happened to her five sidekicks?

Screw you too, man!

Apparently there's a tie-in book where Iron Man and Magneto end up fighting.
Iron Man wins because lol ceramics.

Well we can't BOTH post Muh Phoenix instead of Avengers vs. X-Men.
Look at it this way, there's one person doing this but for All New X-Men.

Seriously, this REALLY should've been Beast in Wolverine's place. He's known the Avengers long enough that he may genuinely make this decision.

Are you suggesting Marvel was lax about a continuity issue? That sort of thinking doesn't win no prizes user.
I don't think sidekicks is the best word, minion or toys maybe?

Remember Anons, WE know the reason Iron Fist doesn't wear Green anymore.

We just don't know if anything comes from that plot point.

When DID Avengers Tower ever get fixed?

Oh hey, there's actually a page Muh Phoenix ignored.

So, assuming Strange was still Sorcerer Supreme, would he still be able to match Magik in Limbo?

So I didn't notice the first time, but god DAMN there's a lot of weed jokes in this series.

Was Hope's outfit ALWAYS green?

Man, Logan must smell bad enough, but now his flesh must be roasting.
Good thing Daredevil isn't around.

Oh right, OG Phoenix could just turn her clothes into her costume. I guess that's what Hope is supposed to have done? I dunno, a panel showing the shift would've been nice.

>Carol in that lame suit

So the MOMENT she shoots a Photon Blast, she's dead?

>faggot

OOOOH, you can't say that

Where do you think you are, user?

How does his healing factor work with hair? Shouldn't it have all burned off?

Of course it's "X gonna give it to ya".

>my eyes are fine
Kek, who makes these?

Yeah, this was actually going to be a surprise in the real event, but as I said, a nerfed Doctor Strange vs. Magik in her place of power?

Not even a question.

That would be Nuzlocke.

Who, given how often "faggot" is said in these comics, I suspect was a Sup Forums guy.

I had to check the actual AvX, and I still have no idea what those stupid gloves are.

And apparently the wrist things make tracking through Cerebro harder.

This is basically the most relevance that the only living Phoenix host has in this event where the Phoenix Force is THE major plot point.

Have YOU told anyone that you'll always be their mugga?

In the actual event, this page is basically Cap giving Logan shit for not obeying orders.
From the other side of the world, Cyclops is laughing, because Logan never does.

So is Drill Claw the name of a Marvel vs. Capcom move?

And is THIS a MvC reference?

Seriously, I am NOT a fighting game guy.

Is there any reason Colossus is bald? Looks weird.

Also, as someone that has no plans on reading AvX anytime soon, I will accept this as what actually happened.

We're going to be reading the New Avengers tie-ins, so you'll have to at least remember that this isn't what really happened, otherwise Hope wanting the Spider-dick will seem REALLY weird to you.

It is. Some really basic launching attack of Wolverine's.

Also, I'm the guy that went to go read Muh Phoenix instead. I find that you're storytiming this instead hilarious.

Also, My two favourite pages.

I guess Wolverine got over Spider-Man, if HE'S not on the Snikt-List.

I came up with the idea a few days ago, (hence why I didn't do MGK's Civil War).

Sad thing is? Even the ACTUAL Logan drinks the beers.

Fucking hell, look at all of those beers!

I guess between issue 2 and this, someone remembered that Carol can probably survive in space.

Thor, don't be a dick. Blame it on Loki.

>Wolr-College

You are now imagining the Wolfman in a cap and gown.

Remember when Toad was a terrorist with Magneto?
Remember that time he came back from space with a giant robot to get Wanda, because he wanted to get his dick wet?

And we skipped four pages of Avengers vs. X-Men. Good job, Muh Phoenix.