Get Out

Pasty ol' white folks be stealin our vitality n shieet, know wha'm sayin?

How the fuck is this film defensible? Every white character is unsympathetic. Every black character is sympathetic. This would be banned if the races were rversed or any race other than white used.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's cuckino goy you just don't get it

Looks like pasty ol' white boy is mad.

we should have never invented nigs

Were the whites actually supposed to be Jews? They gave off a distinctly Jewish vibe to me.

>This would be banned if the races were reversed or any race other than white used.

whoa slow down there Einstein, you might be on to something

That's the whole point of the movie you dumbass honkey.

Niggaz invented white folk yo.
Get your history right senpai.

why does this trigger /po- i meant Sup Forums so much. decent film for a directorial debut. dont know why he is now working with spike lee on his next one because spikes last films have been garbage

I'm not autistic so despite hating niggers I enjoyed this movie. Who the fuck cares if all the white characters are bad, they're literally a family and a cult. Why do you think this one family and their small local cult are a representation of all white people, OP? Maybe you should find a safe space with trigger warnings before you see a film in the future.

> This would be banned if the races were rversed or any race other than white used.
It wouldn't be made cuz it'd be too unrealistic. Like why would any brother want a tiny white dick?

Why do you act like "triggering" is surprising or unjustified? That was pretty much the filmmaker's goal here, it's explicitly designed to offend white people. It's literally a horror movie about how awful white people are.

>h-heh h-h-heh white people aren't racist, it's always the j-j-jews

Pretty sure the implication is they're Jews.

>Every white character is unsympathetic
didn't you pay attention? That was the point. The only one genuinely sympathetic to him is the blind guy, and he's literally incapable of seeing race. That kind of attitude is always the go-to defence for libtards in demonstrating their egalitarian, but then obviously it means they can't sympathise with problems which are entirely race-specific.

The whole thing is a commentary on the false idea of a "post-racial" society– regardless of which prejudices you choose to accept or deny, I think anyone who isn't wholly ignorant or insensitive would agree that racial divides are still very much a thing.

I don't like to offend all black people, but I can't stand the dishonesty and/or stupidity of a mulatto who tries to depict the average black person as being intelligent and even-tempered compared to the average white person. Who the fuck are you trying to fool?

>White boy goes to meet black family
>it's a comedy
>He's accepted and allowed to fuck the race of women that his people used to own

>Black MAN goes to meet white family
>It's a horror movie
>they try to kill him and literally steal his superior genetics
>Camera flashes are the only weakness and ruin this but the guy who wants to steal his superior melanin enriched genetics is a photographer - this problem is never ever mentioned

>Asian guy goes to meet white family
>Of course Asian is accepted immediately
>Asian guy is gay, this was a gay story for gay people

>White girl goes to meet black family
>Still waiting on this picture

I need more interracial dating movies. Are there any more? Any genre any pairing.

>I'm not racist, but–
>"dishonest and/or stupidity"
>"mulatto"
>"the average black person"
well, for a white person you're certainly not coming across as intelligent and even-tempered. I'm astounded you don't think professions like brain surgery or hypnotism require those exact qualities. Even the daughter he dates is cold and calculating.

>“For while when we had a black president, we were living in this post-racial lie,” he added. “The idea of, ‘We’re past it – we’re past it all!’ For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis. This movie was meant to reveal that there’s this monster of racism lurking underneath some of these seemingly innocent conversations and situations.”
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html

In this case, it's not even so much about 'if the races were reversed', this is the kind of thing that would ACTUALLY have been a Nazi film back during the height of the Third Reich if you made the blacks Aryans and the white family Jewish.

Liberals now view white people the same way Nazis viewed Jews.

I didn't say I wasn't racist, I just said that I don't like to offend all black people. I haven't even seen the movie, either. I was referencing the way that Key & Peele depicted blacks and whites on their show. I should have clarified that. And I shouldn't have said that they depict blacks as being intelligent and even-tempered compared to whites, but rather on par with them, which is dishonest/stupid.

So the lesson isn't "white people are evil" but "even those who act like they don't see race can have the most outlandish ideas under the surface". Transplanting brains is pretty outlandish, I don't see it as a representation of the average white person, it's purposefully as extreme as possible. Wow nothing to be triggered about who would've guessed.

He experiences racism in Commiefornia? I find that shit hard to believe. White people are a minority in Socal.

what about the white cop at the beginning?

Yes, black millionaires who claim to be daily victims of middle class white racism are totally reasonable people. :^)

The movie is about a white family who on the surface appear like the most progressive liberal people you've ever seen but they have a dark secret. It's not about intelligence of races, the whites are displayed as very intelligent and powerful, it's about appearances fooling people. It's about people who say one thing and think another which is and has been a growing phenomenon since the PC culture took off and that's what the movie is commenting on.

I have actually seen the movie and this does not happen in it.

>are a representation of all white people, OP?
>Implying that wasn't what he was going for

I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about Jordan Peele. The fact that you're relying on a millionaire with a tumorous victim complex to provide reasonable comments on race in America doesn't speak well of you, m8.

We all agree that this film did not deserve as high ratings as it got though, right? I mean it's obvious.

>Liberals now view white people the same way Nazis viewed Jews.
the fuck? this film is a commentary on liberal attitudes towards race, not what liberals think of white people. Your comparison with the Nazis is a false equivalency, this isn't propaganda against white people. Its a reminder that even those who appear most open to racial equality can still carry unhealthy prejudices. Nazis didn't think the Jews had superb muscle definition or whatever, they literally thought they were subhuman.

The movie is clearly commentary on certain type of behaviour. Behaviour that exists in the modern world regardless how you feel about it. You can't deny there are white people with white guilt praising blacks just for appearances, can you? Those are the ones who the characters are a representation of, not all white people.
As John Stuart Mill noted in his 1859 work On Liberty: “He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that.”

So Jordan Peeles black dad ran out on him and he was raised by a white mother, huh? Odd how he seems to harbor so much resentment and paranoia towards whites, especially since he's married to one.

>Your comparison with the Nazis is a false equivalency, this isn't propaganda against white people. Its a reminder that even those who appear most open to racial equality can still carry unhealthy prejudices.
Jordan Peele has stated outright that he will never cast a white protagonist in his films, ever. He has claimed to be a victim of racism on a daily basis, and I don't think it takes a lot of imagination to guess where he's claiming his victimization is coming from.

>Nazis didn't think the Jews had superb muscle definition or whatever, they literally thought they were subhuman.
No, the Nazis thought THEY had suberb muscle definition, and Jordan Peele couldn't help but slip in a little line to the viewers about how the kike family specifically wants black people because they're stronger. So we get a little of that for good measure.

>it's obvious.
Most films don't deserve the praise they get, obviously. That goes without saying. Get Out was very well made, strongly paced and had a real sense for visual storytelling which doesn't really happen when comedians decide to become directors. I wonder if there's a reason you're singling this film out...

>As John Stuart Mill noted in his 1859 work On Liberty: “He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that.”
I've read the claims Peele has made about what his movie is about, and they line up closer to my analysis than yours.

I'd like to see sources for these claims. Not because I deny then but becauss I watch movies, I don't read TMZ gossip. And since you're the one making these allegations I'd like to see some quotes and citations.

This. The funny thing is no matter what a liberal does to prove he is not rasict it doesnt matter. Black people will always look at them as being disingenuous. Liberals have done so much to put racist altrighters in the spotlight that now thats all black people see when they look at all white people.

>YO THEY TRYNA TURN US TO WHITES AND SHEITT YO CHIMP UP NIGGAZ

I wonder if theres a reason why you and critics are afraid to admit that its mediocre.

It's a parody of thriller movies. I'm surprised it flew over so many people's heads just because the black and white racial tension on the surface.

I've read literally one statement by Peele, on the original ending of the film, and in that interview he followed pretty closely how I interpreted it.
Like he says here. It's about the lie of living in a "post-racial world". Which is a lie.

All this elaborate sociological bullshit for why blacks are the way that they are and why asian americans outperform whites is so laughable. Emperors new clothes, really.

One of those claims has already been sourced in this thread, m8. See One of the things I consistently notice about Get Out threads is that people who hate the movie are more in line with the director's understanding of his own movie than the people who like it.

OP here, I thought it was a decent film but way over-praised, as usual with any film dealing with the issue of race.

If you saw the trailer, the movie is mediocre. I didn't see the trailer and knew nothing going in, so I was genuinely interested in the mystery. I felt it had good pacing, good atmosphere etc. people in the theathre seemed to agree. It was a great mystery thriller film which is why I liked it. American race politics didn't factor into my rating of the movie.

>It's about the lie of living in a "post-racial world"
And how he, a millionaire living in Hollywood, is a victim of racism every day of his poor, underprivileged life.

Reminds me of chicken necked nerds who listen to hip hop. So eager to prove their wokeness.

The only reason it was successful is all the black people going "I knew it!" and all the stupid white liberals praising it that didn't understand it was about them.

>Jordan Peele has stated outright that he will never cast a white protagonist in his films, ever.
So? That's his prerogative as a director. Casting choices should start with the script, its entirely dependent on the story he wants to tell. Should he be forced into having a white protagonist in order to meet a diversity quota? Never expected someone on Sup Forums to actually defend those things, but I guess if the job of one white person is at stake you'll have to rush to their defence, aye?

I didnt see the trailer, but I would wager the critics who universally praised the movie did.

That quote literally says the opposite and is in line with my interpretation, not yours. That's why I quoted it.
>One of the things I consistently notice about Get Out threads is that people who hate the movie are more in line with the director's understanding of his own movie than the people who like it.
An artist doesn't get to decide how his art is interpreted. The director is not "right" by being the director. That's central to all art and not understanding it tells me you must be pretty young.

Not understanding the above quote either didn't help.

It tells me that Peele can't properly empathize with white people, probably because he doesn't see them as fully human. This movie certainly does nothing to dissuade me from that fact, either.

You literally made that up yourself. I already asked for a citation, you didn't give one. The lie of a post-racial world is very real. It doesn't mean black people are still mistreated, it's not even about government policies.

It's about individuals who like to portray an image of themselves that they don't "see race" when that goes against our very nature. We all see race, we're all predisposed to liking our own. No matter what we say. That's the lie of a post-racial world. Talking about it doesn't make him "a victim".

Oh just fucking die you weaselly fucking kike.