Yo, Ive been watching all the main Universal Monster movies (Dracula, Frankenstein, Invisible Man...

Yo, Ive been watching all the main Universal Monster movies (Dracula, Frankenstein, Invisible Man, etc) and I want to read some comics starring these cool dudes. I know there was Werewolf by Night, but i'm not sure of any others.
Not looking for Morbius or any established Marvel "superhero/villain", I want to see the Mummy chase after people or Gill Man terrorize some surfers for intruding on his lagoon

All requests and recommendations belong on

bumping with wallpapers

Dracula: Vlad the Impaler by Roy Thomas and Esteban Maroto, from Topps comics.

There is a criminal lack of good material (Hell, material period) starring Gill-man. He's the stepchild of Universal Monsters.

looks cool. is it more swords and impalings or spooky bats and such?

I agree. Him and the Invisible man get the least amount of credit while Bride of Frankenstein gets so much more material and recognition even though she is on screen for less than 5 minutes and has a body count of 0

As I recall, its a fancy account of the real Vlad Tepes' life.

Alot of people were making comparisons to it when Dracula Unleashed came out.

hmm...mite b cool.
im looking for more of the Bela Lugosi Dracula stuff. Turning into bats, drinking blood, sleeping in coffins...

Marvel's Tomb of Dracula had a lot of that.

Megg Mogg and Owl is what youre looking for OP

is it any good?

seems like a Vice comic

Werewolf by Night is great and as to proxies for the Universal Monsters, I'd also recommend checking out Marvel's Tomb Of Dracula and Monster Of Frankenstein titles.

This, OP. Tomb of Dracula is what you want.

My favorite straight Frankenstein story is an adaptation Junji Ito did, let's just call it a comic in the broader sense for the sake of you getting shit to read.

is the living mummy any good?

I need to find collected editions of all of these

That's not a comic.

This thread kind of makes me want to see what a proper Universal Monsters comic book canon would actually look like. It would be fun as fuck if it wasn't such an old and niche franchise.
>alternate earths/timelines accounting for all the different versions of Dracula (Lugosi's, Spanish Dracula, John Carradine's book-accurate Drac, Chaney Jr.'s "Alucard", etc.)
>shit tons of prequels/between-movie stories filling in all the enormous gaps in continuity
>+90% of all secondary characters resembling any of the 20 or so actors they kept recycling for every film
>"House of" crossovers featuring various combinations of the "main" Monsters, with the token mad scientist and hunchbacks thrown in
>a reboot of "Dracula's Daughter" that doesn't utterly waste the concept of a homoflexible vampire conflicted between her conscience and instinct
>using "The Invisible [Man/Woman]" as a continued legacy character with self-contained character arcs
>Abbott & Costello would get their own tie-in crossover title, against popular demand

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But it's more on the source books like HG Wells Invisible Man. But I think they all get references in the series.

ive often thought about how a monster team would work

>Dracula is the leader. Knows the most about the underworld, is the oldest, but keeps his youth. is a ladies man, and shares a castle with Frankenstein.can send out bats to deliver supplies, etc
>Frankenstein wants to leave a normal life after his creation went on a misunderstood rampage, but after his wife died, he had to bring her back to life as "the bride of Frankenstein".
>The Bride. isnt the Creature's mate, but the Doctors. not sure what else she would do yet
>Frankenstein's creature is the strong guy. is smarter than we have previously seen him, isnt a bumbling idiot. kinda like FF's Thing. resistant to electrical attacks
>The Mummy. has the most magic of the group and can use his magic portal to see whats going on with the other members of the team. has hypnosis powers and limited telekenisis. Has limited Sandman type powers for transportation
>Invisible Man does typical TF2 spy stuff/espionage for the team. is an alcoholic.
>Wolf Man. The Warrior of the group. goes into fits of rage and can move the fastest over long periods of time. Turns into a werewolf at night, but can stay in wolf mode during the day when wearing a special medallion
>Gil Man. Liaison between the rest of his race and the surface. His race is only a few dozen others. Lives in the water right behind Frankensteins/Dracula's castle.

>Dr. Septimus Pretorius is the villain. Wants to rid the world of all feeble minded people and rule the world with his science experiements. can splice together almost any sentient being with addes strength/agility/speed/whatever. Hates Frankenstein and the team for betraying him

Thats what I have so far

>is an alcoholic.

for the invisible man/woman read Alabaster from Tezuka.

>>alternate earths/timelines accounting for all the different versions of Dracula (Lugosi's, Spanish Dracula, John Carradine's book-accurate Drac, Chaney Jr.'s "Alucard", etc.)

Didn't they show a Council of Draculas or something in X-Men '92?

They also have a brief cameo of Gill Creatures in the last book of the Nemo trilogy.

he is the only one who is truly "mad"
He goes absolutely insane in the movie and has the highest death count of all of them

I still havent seen Wolf Man or Creature from the Black Lagoon, but from what I understand, Wolf Man doesnt want to be a Werewolf, and Gill Man wants to save his race. The Invisible Man is just crazy

I didn't know I wanted this until now. Would read.