What the fuck even is this?

So I decide to check out Baby Driver, decent rating on both imdb and rt, action movie, heists, getaway driver. Strange that they'd list "music" among its genres though.

>maybe its got a really cool soundtrack!

So I start watching this shit and am confronted with pic related.

Why do you guys watch this kind of movie Sup Forums? Who thought this'd be a good idea?

How far did you get?

Same here. It was cringe worthy.

Baby Driver is
[A] curious, coddling delight.

That's only you need to know, now go back.

It's a great film. I'll admit that Baby acts a bit obnoxious in the first 10 minutes but he's fine for the rest of the film. He doesn't sing or dance after the first 10 minutes.

Till the robbers exit the bank and the chase starts. Chase started out decent enough but I really don't feel like watching

>gay actors grooving out to lit tunes dude lmao it's a musical but it's not

for over an hour

Just Edgar Wright doing what he does. All style no substance, but his style even if original is not good.

The lady with the dual wielded machine guns looked retarded.

It's literally just a string of well-made music videos. I fucking loved it.

Did the car chase after that not make up for his cringey singing bit? Or was that what you were complaining about?

Retard

It gets better.

On a technical level it's pandering really fucking hard to me specifically. Everything in tune with the music, footsteps, beats, car horns, whatever. It gets me fucking hard every time.

>no substance
Objectively wrong, the Cornetto trilogy is full of themes about growing up. Shaun of the Dead is about a directionless man realizing he needs to get his priorities straight, Hot Fuzz is about a lonely workaholic realizing work isn't the only thing in life, The World's End is about a alcoholic manchild realizing he needs to grow up and stop living in the past. I'm not saying these themes are super deep or thought provoking, I'm just pointing out Edgar Wright's films aren't meaningless.

i found the choreography annoying at first, then i laughed when he restarted the song in the second heist and started having a good time. then, it lost me when baby fucked over buddy because i liked him a lot more than baby. i still have no idea what happened with the end. it's like the writer had 10 minutes to finish the script before the deadline.

>Just Edgar Wright doing what he does. All style no substance, but his style even if original is not good.

Didn't even realize this was done by Edgar Wright. Loved Shaun of the dead, liked Hot Fuzz and The World's End but hated Scott Pilgrim vs, the World which I didn't even finish watching cause I found it extremely shitty. Guess that explains it.

>>gay actors grooving out to lit tunes dude lmao it's a musical but it's not
That only happens in the first act of the movie. The rest of the movie doesn't have that shit. Watch the entire movie, OP.

He's the best comedy director of this generation. Fuck off, pleb.

Imagine being this miserable

what has BDH to do with this?

You just offended Reddit™ the director® get ready for intense shit shower.

After reading through this thread I'm glad I made the correct choice and passed this movie over.

So you're illiterate? Some posts pointed out the singing/dancing shit only happens in the first few minutes of the movie.