Do you think the DCEU is gonna make a good "Shazam" movie?

Do you think the DCEU is gonna make a good "Shazam" movie?

Isn't The Rock interested in either play Shazam or Black Atom?

I'm not exactly anticipating it.

He's playing Black Adam.

I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, his casting as Black Adam was already confirmed.

>Billy will be sour and riddled with teen angst
>Captain Marvel is forced on him and he spends most of the movie trying either to get rid of it or lamenting being saddled with it
>when he finally accepts it three hours into the movie, he vows to be everything Superman wasn't
>Captain Marvel is seen as just as much of a dangerous godlike entity as Superman was and people fear him/spit in his face
>he comes out of it all totally thankless and realizing that the power is a curse that he has to live with now

thankfully that'll never happen
r-right?!

Captain Marvel is my favorite comic character and i hate that they're going to ruin him by going with Geoff fucking Johns' vision of the character.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, they decided to cast Dwayne fucking Johnson in it just to show how little of a shit they give about making a good movie.

If it leads to War of the Gods I'm all for it, have WW and Capt.Marvel duke it out, throw in some cosmic god stuff and it'd be a pretty good arc once they're finished with darkseid in phase 1

If it leads to War of the Gods I'm all for it, have WW and Capt.Marvel duke it out, throw in some cosmic god stuff and it'd be a pretty good arc once they're finished with darkseid in phase 1

Just wait and see when tgey manage to insert a gay black tranny into this. Fuck this generation.

I don't think they're even going to make a Shazam movie.

Fuck, how long have they been talking it up? Wasn't the Rock in talks for years and then finally confirmed like 2 years ago? Why haven't we heard anything else? A director, a screenwriter, a goddamn actor in talks for the title character? It's just as bad as waiting for the Shazam comic that keeps getting mentioned but has yet to be seen. Why is DC/WB so reluctant to do anything with this character?

>DC ever committing to Shazam, who they are probably worried about possibly nudging into Superman's niche and territory.

It's fucking vaporware until proven otherwise.

DC didn't plan what they wanted to do in advance with their movies, so no.

There's not enough information to say but honestly, the producer at New Line Cinema distancing the movie from the rest of the DCEU and saying that it won't necessarily have the same tone as the others is a pretty damn good sign imo. Honestly it being from another studio entirely is a damn good sign. WB has no idea what the fuck they're doing.

Getting the Rock to play Black Adam is pretty damn good as well.

That said, they really should get on actually making the damn movie already.

I really liked the N52 Shazam if not only for telling the old wizard to blow chode when he's told "you're not nice enough- no one in the world is nice enough" yeah- great job codger, REALLY nailed that fucking commentary, now let me save the fucking world.

I dread seeing the cast of the Shazam family tho...every single one of them will be a protected class, calling it now Mary Marvel will be a tranny and Freddie Freeman will be black.

That's a great spin though

Tell that to Adam's snapped neck.

>Do you think the DCEU is gonna make a good
No.

no

It'll probably only be a 7 or 8/10 since Snyder won't be directing it.

He was originally announced in 2007. The movie isn't apparently any close to moving forward than it was then, but the fact that it's at New Line instead of Warner Bros. implies there's some weird shit going on - Warner Bros. is New Line in all but name, NL hasn't been a real studio in a decade