A-alright nerd, time t-to give me your lunch money unless you w-wanna catch a smackdown!

A-alright nerd, time t-to give me your lunch money unless you w-wanna catch a smackdown!

Bullies come in all shapes and sizes, that's hardly an issue....even nerds can bully other nerds

The issue is that that is not Flash Thompson, if they wanted to do an OC Spider-Man movie instead of an adaption of the comics they should have just done that and stop pretending they're making anything similar to what the fans want

Idiot, he's gonna bully Peter for being a white-cis-male. They're gonna shame Peter for the atrocities and oppression of his ancestors.

Now that's what I call cringe posting.

Their audiences aren't versed in 60's "Pete in High School" comics.
And comic Peter went to a public high school in the one of the poshest, whitest part of New York , Forest Hills.
I doubt that's true in the movies.

10 cents have been deposited into your account

>All the casuals Googling to see if this is true

My point still applies, if they wanted to do an original cast of characters, I'd respect them a lot more if they were straight up about it rather than basically making OCs and then slapping on a name from the comics for "credibility" when it's obviously a completely different character.....they clearly aren't trying to cater to the comic fans, so why bother at all? Just seems even more disrespectful

>I'd respect them a lot more if they were straight up about it rather than basically making OCs and then slapping on a name from the comics for "credibility" when it's obviously a completely different character
What is literally the ENTIRE DCEU?

You got over Heimdall, you're getting over the Ancient One, you're strong, user. You will survive this.

I was going to call you a passive aggressive cunt but then I remembered this is Sup Forums and I shouldn't expect anything from any of you monsters.

>Their audiences aren't versed in 60's "Pete in High School" comics.
false in the extreme
>one of the poshest, whitest part of New York
pretty sure it was queens, my man. the whole point of pete is he's poor.

I really wouldn't be too bothered by him being Indian if he was at least a physically imposing Indian.

I didn't get over anything, I think the MCU is full of bad choices like this and my opinion doesn't really change, Mandarin was by far the worst offense of all

Spider-Man however is my favorite character, something like Heimdall I can look past because I generally have no interest in the character....and hell, if a black dude plays the part of some side character and actually resembles the character in every other way than appearance I can look past that (Kingpin in Daredevil, for example), but in any case Spider-Man is my favorite character and I think this movie is going to be shit....the fact that the support cast is seemingly completely reinvented but with slapped on names is only one symptom of the bigger disaster that this movie is going to be for hardcore Spider-Fags

What's sad is they started off so promising, a movie like Iron Man wasn't IDENTICAL to the original because like someone brought up, it's taking place in a different age and time...some things can and should be re worked to make more sense, but even still the movie served as a great modern retelling of Iron Man's origin....funny enough, a character who's origin wasn't even that great in the comics but worked great how they did it on film, the route they're going with for Spider-Man is practically the opposite of that and doing it all wrong

Have you been to a high school lately dude? Nobody gets pounded for their lunch money anymore.

Hell, I've been out for nearly ten years fuck and the one time some asshole tried that on me freshman year I punched him in the nose and got suspended for it.

My friend used to take a kids lunch money, he never actually beat him but the kid was such a wormy fucker he'd just offer it up if pressed

i wonder if they'll ever use Felicia.

and i wonder who they'd cast.

and shit like this worries me.

>Give me your lunch money or I shit in your backyard

The fact is that he could never pull off a convincing Agent Venom or even just bitter crippled drunk Thompson so I will hate him no matter how good of an actor he is.

This is how I feel about Lex Luthor wearing any suit of battle armor or taking charge as the leader of the Legion of Doom in the DCEU desu.

> No white actor was good enough for this role

> entitlement didn't get them the part

What kinda world

It's more the fact they obviously have no interest in making an Agent Venom movie.

...wait.

THAT is new Flash Thompson?
Dear lord fuck Hollywood.

They would just do Agent Venom with someone else. Like how Iron Patriot wasnt norman. Im actually all for tweaked characters like that. Though I have no interest in agent venom.

Iron Patriot was utterly pointless though because it was just War Machine, it only served as bait for fans to speculate on how "Iron Patriot is in the movie!" even though it ultimately just amounted to a joke about how "War Machine" is not a friendly name, but it was still just War Machine, not different in any way

No

he looks like he has the right face to play that "spic man homing" thing

> 2016
> bullies are still a thing

Fucking grown up America

He's not even Indian, he's Guatemalan or some shit.

My racism can't tell that

Admittedly I can see him as one of those asshole bullies. Ones that aren't physical, but just a jackass.

Ok so why cast him?

Because muh diversity.

>You got over Heimdall
the only black guy in Asgard is the doorman. What's to get over?

Yes

A movie made in 2016 should resemble what high school is like in 2016 rather than what forty year-old men remember reading about high school in the 60s.

Sick burn.

They're never gonna make an agent venom movie dude

>for the atrocities and oppression of his ancestors
Didn't know whities sacrificed hundreds of kids and virgins to placate their gods wrath on top of pyramids

>white people don't exist in 2016
>football players don't exist in 2016

Where did you go to high school, pal?

There something i don't get it, if this movie is for kids and that why they say it toned down and change characters most of the kids are probably familiar with the current spiderman cartoon where Flash is a giant blonde jock even the kids are going to think this is weird?

It doesn't even air on basic cable, most kids don't see or care about the current show

Bullyism would have ended years ago if fucking autists and betas didn't have a free pass for being, acting and dragging like retards

To be honest, he's the only real miscast in the film. The race-swaps don't bother me in the slightest, but there's been a real failure of understanding Flash Thompson's character here.

From what I heard this version of Flash focuses on being a stuck up elitist prick aka arrogant asshole. The school Peter is attending in the movie primarily for children of high income families. Peter and a few others that attend got in due to a scholarship program. So the children at the school look down on them like poor trash motherfuckers.

Which again, is missing the point of Flash entirely. Flash is not rich or that smart, so why even call him Flash at this point?

Because it's a traditional character that fulfills a similar role? It's just a different interpretation from the one they've already done twice.

Its Harry. Harry's the rich weedy one.

Flash never took any lunch money. What are you talking about?
Read a comic.

#triggered

>DCEU

Someone's defensive.

Flash was never a punjab. What are you talking about?
Read a comic.

You Sup Forums posters are so awfully, incredibly obvious.