Military Regrets

So Sup Forums, I left the Canadian military. I was a junior officer in the infantry, but I came here (and elsewhere) and got redpilled as to the fact that I will never be fighting for anything resembling freedom. Ultimately, we all know that soldiers are just pawns

2 months later I feel deep regret. More than anything, being an infantry commander is what got my blood pumping. But there is nothing more cucked than getting paid ~$100 a day to go be a bullet sponge for someone else's phony military conflict.

I'm still under 25, I can set up another career. Any words that might help my regret? Did I do the right thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_8rbHwMXMT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I left the Canadian military because of memes
>I was a junior officer
Dumbass.

how did you leave? does the canadian military not have a contract or something

Explain though?

Its not really memes though, Iraq was a lie, Afghanistan was dumb, and at the end of the day soldiers die for politicians.

Finished it

>I left because the memers on Sup Forums told me to

You fucking retard.

You should try to get into the rcmp in a small town and get paid to do nothing 24/7.

IDK if I can take this seriously, since Americans are brainwashed into sucking military egos off.

>I'm still under 25, I can set up another career.

The fact that you believed Sup Forums memes about the military AND think you only have until 25 to have a career mean you're basically a useless NPC anyway, so who cares?

You did the right thing. You can go into the private sector if you really miss it that much.

>implying you have to be American to enjoy a job in the military

Okay, leaf. Tell OP how great he did.

Ex special force

youtu.be/_8rbHwMXMT8

Look at it as something you experienced in your life, a lesson to take with you, not some terrible thing that was a waste of time. You learned something important along the way didn't you? And if you aren't even out of your twenties yet you should be happy that you actually have a previous career already under your belt, shit, you could probably use the experience to work security for a large corporation and make big bucks. Stop being a faggot and be thankful that you went into the military and walked out unscathed, young, and full of options, not to mention a rank of officer for fucks sake.

Fucking kids man, its like you gotta spoonfeed them.

I think Eastern Europeans get it. When I was talking about leaving, the guy who understood the most was Ukranian. Showed me a picture of a statue in his hometown of a soldier being moved as a pawn

OP,

I'm a junior officer in the British Army. I'm having a lot of similar thoughts. I joined at a young age and always hoped that the Army would give me a purpose in life. It's been pretty difficult for me to accept the fact that I've been chasing a false hope for nigh on a decade. For me it's nothing to do with Sup Forums - came here a few weeks ago for the dank election memes - but it might help for you to know you're not the only one thinking this way

Thanks m8.

We don't talk about it because of the nature of the job, but once I made it clear that I was leaving a lot of people (higher, lower, and same rank) told me that they understood my reasons for leaving.

Ja, the sentiment is common around here too. I think a decade of Afghanistan and Iraq, only to see the rise to prominence of ISIS over the last few years has put paid to the old notion of 'we're fighting them here so they don't attack at home'. Plus there's a sense of betrayal after 20,000 soldiers were sacked and pensions were destroyed over the last few years.

Personally, I still feel the need to serve, pathetic as that may seem. I'm toying with law enforcement of some description, or maybe training as a paramedic.

What is the Canadian military like?

Excellent, well trained but poorly equipped

I made this thread based on my leaving the military because of the nature of being in a military. The actual people in the military itself were great.

The only people who were angry SOBs (outside of training) were the sub 100 IQ guys who literally didn't know anything else

this.

I forget the name , give me the sauce on that I need some colored loli dickgirl in my life

You guys are good people. I couldn't image how you might feel OP, but really there is still opportunity out there. The good aspect to take away is now you're more aware of the truth then you were before. Things will work out for you user. Best of luck and Jesus bless.