Of course that's your contention. You're a first year grad student...

> Of course that's your contention. You're a first year grad student. You just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about, you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.
>Well as a matter of fact I won't, because Wood drastically underestimates the impact of-
>Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth..." You got that from Vickers, Work in Essex County, Page 98, right? Yeah I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us—you have any thoughts of—of your own on this matter? Or do—is that your thing, you come into a bar, you read some obscure passage and then you pretend, you pawn it off as your own—your own idea just to impress some girls, embarrass my friend?

was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bHv7qaCBRuU
youtube.com/watch?v=MNAv50eXPZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=h3XC6ftpaXo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's funny because Ben Affleck and Matt Damon wrote that and were like yeah "yes, this is good writing."

MY BOY'S WICKED SMAHT
tfw watched this movie about 8 times at work over the past 2 weeks

youtube.com/watch?v=bHv7qaCBRuU

this one was better

Apple sauce bitch!

>You're in my way. I was looking in that direction and now all I see is you and I wasn't looking to see you plus you walk funny. Your walking isn't funny, walking like that will break your back and that is what will be funny when it breaks in total half. If your back broke in half and you wouldn't be able to walk anymore then you'd spend all your days in a chair crying for food but nobody will help you because you're nobody's friend. You don't have friends, not even the chair, nobody likes you, nobody knows you, nobody rules the earth like I do and you know it. Plus you're in my way and I wasn't born looking at you. I wasn't born to do anything for you.

>Those flowers aren't real, those flowers are fake. If you think I think those flowers are for me then you think wrong, because those flowers are for nobody and you are the nobody. You probably stole those flowers from your grandmothers grave.

Do you like apples?

>There's my number. Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime?
>All right, yeah. Maybe we could just get together and eat a bunch of caramels.
>What?
>When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.

lmao

I remember when it was first released. It was talked about like some miraculous achievement in screenwriting. I bought the soundtrack at H.H. Gregg because of one song.

There is no way this is in the movie.

It's not your fault.

youtube.com/watch?v=MNAv50eXPZ8

*tip fedora*

I can fucking guarantee that if that movie was made today the autist would have been black

Brainlets don't have the capacity to speak like this in real life? lol

imagine being so proud of living in New England shit hole

My friend does. MY BOY'S WICKED SMAHHT

It's not your fault.

>try your hardest to be portrayed as an intelligent actor
>All that effort gets BTFO by Team America

JUST

And I thought John Green was bad.

It's not your fault.

The only white person would be Minny Driver.

>was it autism?
it was pure kino my friend

>get the fuck off me
>director not giving a fuck
>i didnt get a hooker today
>loved you in Phantoms!
Underrated movie.

>watched this movie about 8 times at work over the past 2 weeks
what the fuck user

is matt damon smart irl? I can't tell. he seems a little on the self important manlet side.

I work as a slave at an AT&T call center and since they try to make it a "fun workplace environment", they play the same dozen blu-rays on two TV's in front of all the cuck-cubicles all day long.

I worked at a place like that, they played Bee Movie

>Work in Essex County, Page 98, right?

Whhaaaats the deal with bees?

>mfw The Lost Boys and Good Will Hunting has been playing on a loop 2-3x a day for the past week
>mfw going to have a nervous breakdown the next time I hear "MY BOY'S WICKED SMAHHT"

nearly as good as sorkin dialog

sometimes i tell myself that damon's character is supposed to come off as super pretentious and she's just really attracted to him so she doesn't care

But that's exactly it. That's the plot to the whole fucking movie. Minnie Driver's character and Robin Williams' character are the only two people who saw Will for who he truly was and called him out on it.

this movie makes me feel dumb : (

he's a harvard dropout

>them fucking shoulder

You think these people saw the movie?

I saw it about 8 times in the past 14 days

Damn MY BOY, you must be WICKED SMAHT

ANY POHRT IN A STOHHM KNOW WHADDIMEAN
EXCEPT YOU GOT WHITEY OVAH HEERE ROWIN THA BOAT

>grad students in the US actually have to continue to learn their subject in a structured manner and then take exams

Holy shit, how embarrassing

yeah that just means all our boys are wicked smahht

I can't say Minnie Driver is amazing but I'll say she's definitely got a weird fuckable air about her.

Anyone else here old enough to have actually seen this in the theatre? What am I doing with my life

I wish I worked at a call center, all I do is tell pajeets when they call me is that they're goat fuckers and I eat cows all the time while shitting in working plumbing instead of streets.

DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT MY DAMON

It sucks, user. It really sucks. I always get Pajeet calls because Pajeet went on a cruise and he swears he did not use the data on his phone but it's right there in black and white on his fucking bill (also WHERE he used the data) and I can verify it in my system but no Pajeet demands a credit on his bill and you cant understand them for shit

I wish I could tell them to poo in loo

I saw it on a rented tape.

Do you give it to them? Where are working where you have to deal with pajeets instead of them calling you about retarded shit?

William Goldman wrote this movie

Elliott Smith was a genius. The original version of Miss Misery is good also and it's interesting to see which lyrics he changed to make it more related to the movie. He was fucking robbed by Titanic and Celine Dion at the Oscars but then who wasn't that year?

yeah but i wonder if thats what damon and affleck had in mind for this exact moment

it was a different time back then so i think its also plausible that this was meant to be a genuine cool guy moment

i mean it doesnt really change the real highlights of this movie which are the robin williams therapist scenes, skarsgard breaking down when damon burns the paper, and affleck talking about how he hates how damon wastes his potential

Sometimes I meet them halfway but nowadays I just don't give a fuck and transfer them to "customer loyalty" which is a separate department staffed by pajeets

>When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.

The fuck, no it isn't

>do you have a plan?
>PLAN BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fuck you seinfeld

Who decided drinking diuretic insecticide and holding in jittery farts was a good context for a first date?

I've seen the idiots they let into Harvard.

>>When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.
It is, though

dates are about creating as many excuses as needed to have sex

When I finally watched it I actually asked myself what I wanted to do then kinda forgot about it and now I'm at that point again where nothing I do seems right. My whole young life everyone I know has been in and out of prison while everyone put the burden of being the one good person in the family but then I crashed before I ever really took off.

Coffee isn't coffee. Coffee is sex

The ponytail guy was right, Will was just an exception

I unironically want to have Damon's haircut. Too bad I'm not blonde with soft hair.

Exactly, the coffee is just an excuse that has become traditionally acceptable. It's not really about the coffee itself, which is to say caramel could be an equally acceptable excuse in another lifetime, dawg

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

It's never too late to start over

Damon has since said he hates that he thought frosted tips looked cool and that it doesn't fit the character

im not arguing with you i was just tagging along in the conversation its nice to be a part of something

Haha right on. It's not your fault, user

coffee is a nice thing to converse over. caramel wouldn't be the same. I know im taking it literally but its not true.

I bought it for Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. For some reason I thought it was going to be the version by the Foo Fighters even though I actively disliked the FF.

youtube.com/watch?v=h3XC6ftpaXo

read yah gohdon wood

His reply to ponytail was shite.

>yeah? Least i wont be unoriginal.

Wtf is that shit? He's shitting on some chad with a promising career because chad is not going to be original? Bit working minimum wage sure is, will.

Stupid.

math damon!

oh you think u so wicked cool cuz u read gordon wood i got her numba and the apples so fuck you wanna fight cunt

>m-muh dollah ninety in late chahges

>Wtf is that shit? He's shitting on some chad with a promising career because chad is not going to be original? Bit working minimum wage sure is, will.
Ponytail wasn't a chad, he was a beta puffing his chest. Damon was the true chad

It would be impossible for Will to have gotten to page 98 of Vickers let alone be aware of the text.

he could get any job he wanted, he just chose to work manual labor to be with his friends. the ponytail fags insult was baseless and he got raped 8 ways to sunday.

Williams' character saved the movie. It's turbo autistic if he wasn't in it to decode his autism

Why

Kek

Never understood why this movie is so praised, can you tell me? Because really, never got what it was trying to accomplish, or what the point was. The story is not that good either IMO

Inb4: t. Contrarian

Its liberal wet dream of disenfranchised people are actually rough diamonds that can make it if they get enough social welfare.

Abuse your children because it creates turbo autists who read in the library to avoid further beatings

>t.brainlet

the point is never trust potato niggers

Doesn't make much sense to me, as far as I remember, he didn't got physically abused, besides, no matter how much he readed, he still got in a fight at the beggining of the movie, for a stupid reason BTW

oh boy are we about to have another nature vs nurture debate

you weren't paying attention, it was a large part of the plot

Being in a fight with a guy that bothered you at kindergarten was a major plot? I don't remember seeing the guy in the rest of the movie

Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year film student; you just got finished watching some nouvelle vague cinema, Jacques Rivette probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to Godard's maoist period. Then you're going to be talking about how Truffaut's shamelessly became petit bourgeois after the 60's. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating André Bazin, talkin' about, you know, caméra-stylo and mise-en-scène. "Resnais's use of flashbacks mirrors our perception of memory"? You got that from Cahiers du Cinéma n° 97, page 98, right? Yeah, I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or do you, is that your thing, you come on Sup Forums, quote some obscure opinion and then pretend - you pawn it off as your own, as your own idea just to impress some virgins, embarrass my tripfriends? See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a low ratio warning on karagarga.

I wonder what this girl's butthole looks like

did you fall asleep for half of the move?

very hairy

Proof? That's my fetish

proof is my dreams

there's people itt that have a thing for hairy assholes haha the absolute state of this board

Are we not all dreamers?