A long time ago there was a thread discussing the best comic book movie villains and this was the general outcome of...

A long time ago there was a thread discussing the best comic book movie villains and this was the general outcome of who the most people agreed upon

Is this still true? Is there any recent ones that would be on the level of these?

Kingpin and Bullseye from the film and Loli...maybe

>Bland Skull
How did he end up in there?

>no Shanon Zod
>not any version of Lex Luthor

fucking plebs

By virtue of being Hugo Weaving and the fucking Red Skull.

You've only got to do two things to get Red Skull perfectly. 1: Fight Captain America, 2: Be a God-Damn Nazi.

There's only been two Lexers to be fair, and neither were probably what most of the demo on this board consider to be a quintessential Lex

I don't really recall much about him, have to rewatch that movie

We're really hurting for comic book movie villains if a performance as forgettable as Red Skull was in that movie can be ranked as best.

In the original thread I was actually surprised how many people wanted him, but they did. I also was surprised by how many people love Raimi's Otto but not really surprised since I know the boner Sup Forums has for that particular movie for whatever reasons

Zod woulda been more threatening if not for that goofy lisp

Does Loki count? Not in the Avengers but in the first Thor movie.

Why is Magneto on there twice?

Needs Zod for sure

Testament to how bad MCU villains are. I do like Obadiah but I don't think he actually belongs on the list.

>no Devito Penguin

Unacceptable.

He was barely a Nazi. He broke away from them in the only scene with a swastika (killed that German officer).

MCU Cap fought HYDRA not Nazis, instead of both.

Different actors/timelines

Stamp Zod was a meme before there were memes, so he is the more memorable.

Red skull was shit. Mark Strong from Kick-ass should've made the cut.

Clown/violator was shit.
That whole movie was shit. Why is he even on there?

He's just that good.

>Two MCU villains and neither of them is Loki
I'm sorry, but this is really just overly contrarian.

>No Bane

>how dare anyone disagree that every non-Loki MCU villain is awful

How was he shit? He was a repugnant, sadistic, vile shit talking pain in the ass, which is what he is supposed to be.

That's not what I said, he's just widely regarded as the best one, and if this picture is to represent any sort of consensus, he ought to be somewhere on t.

>if this picture is to represent any sort of consensus, he ought to be somewhere on t.

It's Sup Forums consensus, not pleb consensus

I didn't think Leguizamo did that great of a job with him, honestly, and the effects for his monster form were really poorly done.

Is this just your list or something? Why are you defending it so hard from competing opinions?

>Is this just your list or something?

No.

>Why are you defending it so hard from competing opinions?

How does one post count as me defending it so hard? Not two of my posts ago I questioned why the same character was on the list twice.

As far as it goes with Loki being on it, I've no problem with it. But most of Sup Forums apparently does.

I really disagree, some of the effects in the movie were quite bad but not in terms of Violator , and I think Leguizamo was great as the Clown form, I don't know what changes you could make to make it better or more like the comic character honestly

Not that user but OP, Loki didn't make the cut in the original thread....I said earlier ITT I was actually surprised so many people liked Red Skull but there were a lot of people in that thread who said he deserved to be on there when he wasn't one of my original choices, Blonsky however I agreed is pretty much one of the top villains in the MCU and ironically was way more intimidating when he was a human than when he was that kind of boring version of the Abomination

>Coinface on that list

List disregarded.

>as way more intimidating when he was a human

That's because that was just based Roth doing based Roth. It was like 93% of the character's performance right there.

If they ever decide to bring Blonsky back, I hope they get Roth back to do mo-cap like Ruffalo's done with Hulk. Might be we'd maybe get some of what Roth did for the character back.

He was great, he managed to be scarier as just a military guy than any recent MCU villain has been with special effects or costumes

>he managed to be scarier as just a military guy than any recent MCU villain

I don't know about scarier, but he did get more in that film than others did in their only appearance. He had actual development and they gave Roth plenty to work with. While I like most of the MCU's entries and enjoy the overall connectivity it utilizes, most of them could've benefited a lot if they were done to a similar level that TIH was.

Actually, wasn't TIH the longest MCU film to date? It was close to 3 hours, yes?

I'm no fan of the Fass desu.