My parents just went to a dispensary. They've been retired for five years. I'm kinda scared for them

My parents just went to a dispensary. They've been retired for five years. I'm kinda scared for them.

This really makes me uneasy. When I was growing up, this stuff was the devil. Now my parents are falling for it and are both going to try it out! And it's legal to do it now here! I feel that they're not thinking about it right and are too lax on it, just because the prevailing feeling around marijuana is to be "chill" about it. I personally will never stop looking at the issue as a serious one. You can't joke about it, whether you agree with it or not. After all -- politics is serious.

I don't know. Why should the federal government keep allowing states to do this? Why doesn't the federal government push back? Are waiting to see if there's a bad outcome to legalization, and then they send the DEA to shut down dispensaries? Is the spirit of America the saving grace that pushes back legalization?

I'm still not turned around on this issue, I'm sorry. I thought I'd share my perspective.

No, no, I insist. Bump the one billionth Trump thread instead.

My parents just went to a liquor store. They've been retired for five years. I'm kinda scared for them.

This really makes me uneasy. When I was growing up, alcohol was the devil. Now my parents are falling for it and are both going to try it out! And it's legal to do it now here! I feel that they're not thinking about it right and are too lax on it, just because the prevailing feeling around wine is to be "chill" about it. I personally will never stop looking at the issue as a serious one. You can't joke about it, whether you agree with it or not. After all -- politics is serious.

I don't know. Why should the federal government keep allowing states to do this? Why doesn't the federal government push back? Are waiting to see if there's a bad outcome to legalization, and then they send the DEA to shut down liquor stores? Is the spirit of America the saving grace that pushes back legalization?

I'm still not turned around on this issue, I'm sorry. I thought I'd share my perspective.

I hope you told them to go for the dankest kush they had OP

How is marijuana comparable to alcohol when alcohol has centuries of legal history in this country? I don't see an alcohol culture like weed culture infesting all media and encouraging people to go to liquor stores. That's one of the greatest issues I have about this trend.

kek, youre a bitch

the use of marijuana has been prevalent for thousands of years and was just recently made illegal because it threatened those in the pharmaceutical and textile industries. Grow a pair you fucking pussy

>why should the federal government keep allowing states to do this
why should it be illegal again?

Kek, people like you are why the enemy is winning, are you literally fucking autistic or something?

That's because you're used to the alcohol culture you fucking madman. Get some perspective.

If they're in pain, it's a good substitute for other more harmful prescription drugs. It will heighten their risk of getting dementia though.

What, man?

If they're retired who gives a shit? Let them smoke, who are you to judge them, they're adults. Parents are always hypocrites at one point or another, let them be happy, maybe they just want to have a good night's sleep or turn off their brain for a little while. I think the shit should be de-criminalized at a federal level and allow for medical and recreational referendums at the state level. Job creator, generates millions in tax revenue, less of a strain on the American prison system having to lock up stoners. Though I would say it's absolutely necessary to have a surefire way to test people for smoking when it comes to DUI stops

Wait until they smoke out then sneak into their house dressed as a clown carrying a shotgun with blanks. Take pics and post here when you're done. Bonus points if you go back afterwards as yourself and tell them they're crazy and hallucinating.

Thinking that weed is worse than alcohol or tabacco in 2016... Kek.

Would you rather they get drunk and then you have to watch your dad punch your mom in the face?

So fucking what? Your parents are retired. They've lived a live, raised an autist or a couple and now they want to smoke some weed. It's not like they're going to shoot up the dispensary from weed withdrawal or jump off a building or something.

I'm not going to belittle, or berate, or badger you for your post.

I am going to ask you to go talk to your parents and sit down and smoke with them.

Also: Alcohol- History of killing people.
Tobacco- History of Killing people.
Marijuana- History of healing people.

That bout sums it up.

That was so Motherfucking stupid. Very poor effort at hysteria.