Who Here Can Master A Musical Instrument?

Productive members of society have hobbies.
Do you play any?
What Level is your hobby at? ie)- beginner, expert etc
>Making shitty dubstep on ur PC doesn't count faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xcYAs9WdjQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=uYW177hXFE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Farking SAUUUCCEEE

expert guitar, learning piano. I'd say intermediate level on piano. Taught myself both.

I have zero musical talent.

However, I do enjoy, and have become quite skilled at wood working and mechanics.

Recently I've spent time reading up on the workings of radar systems. Fascinating stuff.

im actually was a very good improv drummer
im very bad when it comes to structured music tho cause fuck your rhythm i got my own

Plenty, i enjoy hobbies that are done by hand. I won't elaborate but when you create something yourself its a good feeling. Knowing i won't be completely retarded if this whole civ pops makes me even happier.

Been playing guitar for 17 years. Piano for 3. Big whoop you wanna fight about it ?

I've been playing guitar for 12 years

Bagpiper
nowhere near the level I want to be at but its a lifelong journey. id say pretty competent after 3 years.

You can't bump your own threads like that newfag

Native American flute

I'm a professional trombone player.

U mad?

> fuck your rhythm i got my own

your a fuckin idiot. get out

What's the sauce asshole?

I've played piano for 4 years when I was little(forgot all of it pretty much) and a further 5 years of saxophone(haven't played for a while and my muscles have gone to shit).

The army is shit tbhfam

I've mastered the skin flute

i played guitar for several years but quit when i realized i didnt have anyone to play with and playing alone in my room was pointless

no seriously

>tfw have played saxophone for 10 years straight
feels good man

>your a fuckin idiot

Glad to see he's teaching her how to finger A minor.

In my free time I enjoy having heated debates about vast global conspiracies with strangers on an anime forum. I find it very relaxing, you should try it.

''you're ''

there happy? you fuckin faggot

berklee grad, piano for 15 years. monophonic instruments btfo

Talent doesn't exist buddy, frankly it's insulting to those who have busted their ass for years and years getting better at an instrument to simply dismiss it as something they are born with.
I'm high-intermediate at guitar, low-intermediate at piano, and beginner with the banjo

contrebasse 11 years
basse 15 years
guitare 16 years
piano 5 years
drums 8 years
saxophone 2 months

main instrument contra and bass, got an vintage ampeg cl and 8*100w god this amp give me orgasm to my ears, also 60's vintage telecaster and ac-30
>love my home studio

>playing sax
>straight
Yeah right.

drummer here. been playing 20 years. i initially went to school as a music major, but switched to finance. i still maintain it as serious hobby as it would be a real shame to let all that hard work go to waste. it's good for meeting people and networking. i meet a lot of very talented people(in business, love and life in general) who, try as they might, suck at music. it's indistinguishable from magic to them and they love to be around a talented musician.

Go play your keytar.

Saxophones get the most pussy of all the wind instruments m8

I have been playing the guitar for 5 days already, pretty much only can do slow songs and most of the time a fuck up and ring a string that I shouldn't had to.

>Not mastering your own body's musical ability.
I can sing.

i can play bass 7/10, guitar 4/10, and piano 2/10.

enough to record my own music.

IS THAT ROCCO? HES A FUCKING LEGEND

theres definitely some innate ability
but that doesnt hold up to people who put the time and effort in to refine their talents

>Who Here Can Master A Musical Instrument?

Once, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy.

I've been playing guitar for nine years. Soon I will be able to say I'm classically trained.

Checked

Been playing tuba for 12 years. Bass trombone for 2 years.

I've actually gotten pussy from playing tin whistle, and I'm intermediate with it. Jigs and shit are so fun :3

Intermediate both piano and bass guitar. Sometimes fuck around with my old acoustic guitar too, but I really suck at that.

> Drums
> Talented musician.

Pretentious jack off

Can play piano, guitar and trombone.

Talent does exist, some people are naturally better stuff than others, i tried to learn to play guitar, but i have shitty motor skills and coordination, now that being said, talent alone aint shit if you dont practice your craft to perfection

>fingering A minor

Exactly what is supposed to be taught.

how do you know a drummer is at the door?

the knocking speeds up.

what do you call a guy who hangs around with a lot of musicians?

the drummer.

I played a lot of Bach preludes and inventions on piano and k 545 by Mozart. So I'd say I'm intermediate with the piano. I play the tin whistle, ocarina, banjo, guitar , and bodhran. Trying to write Irish traditional music atm.

What did the Drummer get on his SAT?

drool

this guy gets it

>Trying to write Irish traditional music atm.

You're a little late for that I think.

deal with it dubs stealer

i was able to do polyrythmic grooves with limb independence before learning fundamental rock beats

>>Making shitty dubstep on ur PC doesn't count faggots.

Yeah yeah and you can't make art digitally. Go back to the 90's where your kind went extinct.

I play violin, guitar and piano. I work at a convenience store.... But I am in school for Cardiology. One day I will be useful.

this guy fucks.

Maybe so, but my music is sort of celtic here is an example of a short piece I wrote recently youtu.be/xcYAs9WdjQ0

ARE YOU A COMPUTER ?

Saxophone for 14 years, piano for 8 years and bass guitar for 4 years.

>Talent does exist, some people are naturally better stuff than others
The thing is that people think doing anything at all in regards to music, math, science, etc. is what requires talent. It doesn't require talent to get through calculus and/or statistics (or any undergrad math course). It doesn't require talent to learn how to play an instrument. It requires talent to be known for either practice.
That's horrible! I had a friend who worked percussion.

Expert guitar and bass player.

why do singers make bad house guests?

they can never find the key and they don't know when to come in

how do you make a guitar player turn down?

give him some music and tell him to read it

one more that isn't funny unless you know a saxocuckist

how many saxophone players does it take to screw in a light bulb?

two; one to do it and one to say he could've done it better

Is good.

Classical guitarist - expert

I do professional concerts. The one time a hobby actually turned into a source of income.

Been playing since 15. 28 now. Songs are getting better and have over the years. I like to sing, guitar, bass, drums etc . I'm ok. Do it because it's fun, that's all anymore.

Only idiots play drums lol. easiest fucking instrument,

I play harmonica.

I was arrested once (falsely) and had the guards dying laughing when I was playing the stereotypical blues because they didn't empty my pockets before putting me in a holding cell.

I restore, repair, and modify classic scooters semi professionally.

I also play disc golf and played semi pro one year.

I also fish and have fished bass tournaments, but never win.

Expert level anime reviewer
Expert level bird watcher
Intermediate level paper plane thrower
Intermediate level reader
Beginner level crossword puzzler

Also God tier at Call of Duty

He's obviously just tuning her instrument

The fact that you quit says it all. No one has motor skills and hand to hand coordination when they first start you nit wit. It takes years to learn muscle memory and to let it feel natural. Anyone who can play will tell you it's mainly about discipline and practice. Lazy fags will say "I'm not musical" all the while their heart is beating to a steady rythm...just stop being lazy and for once in your life commit to getting better at something.

And yet, shockingly, amazingly, the leaf did it

Professional touring musician for 11 years. Guitar for 23 yrs. Playing with some of the Roots in a week.

I like to wang dang doodle on the bass guitar with obscure fuzz pedals and glare at the audience of five people in a manner that allows them to understand that I'm not enjoying what I'm doing.

I've been at for 16 years though I would never call myself a master.

bass guitar - intermediate
piano - intermediate
6 string - low intermediate

ive been picking them up at random for years. slowly but surely, i get a little better with time. it's fun!

find some good people to jam with, if you can. it adds a whole new dynamic and you'll become more skilled. i guarantee it

Talent does exist, but you still have to work your ass off to harness it.

I'm an intermediate guitar player without a huge drive to move forward, and I used to drum. I stopped because of some depression issues, but I'm considering starting again as I have a grip on my life.

My friend and I both started drumming at the same time with the same teacher, and I excelled past him with a fraction of the time spent practicing. He worked harder though, and he's become a great drummer. He just had to put in more work than I had to.

Golfer.
On the Web.com tour, one step below PGA.

True talent exists but does sauce for OP's pic is the real question

I've played guitar (electric) for about 11 years now, good enough that I melt faces, but I wouldn't say I've "mastered" it. I literally just put the guitar up, actually.

>last thing i played, paganini's 5th caprice at 1:37
youtube.com/watch?v=uYW177hXFE8

Trombone for ~8 years along with passing skill with percussion, vocals and some bass

Expert piano, intermediate banjo, beginner guitar

Drugs and alcohol are my hobby. I'm a degenerate desu

>One day I will be useful.
Don't say that. Pulling your own weight is more than a lot of people can say in this day and age.

Contra Bass master race
Gas the violins
Bass guitar fuck off

>tfw play tuba

Guitar and piano are easy and basically the same thing. Also play flute, oboe, sax, clarinet. Music is easy, musicians are a dime a dozen.

tubas are generally the most redpilled of the brass

I've been playing bass for 10 years and I make money off it. I can't say I've "mastered" it but I'm not Victor Wooten. I'd say i'm an expert on it, though.

I didn't make this for this thread but it fits.

I used to know a guy who played Tuba. He's a racemixer now

why the fuck is this on Sup Forums? sage

I don't want to come across as a braggart on an anonymous Hungarian fish-pickling board, but I pursue my hobbies with enough dedication to become competitive, professional, or at least well respected for my success at them. One of them makes me money, one is physical, one is machine-oriented, and one is music related

Violin, viola, piano, bass (electric and string)
I'm an undergrad at CIM right now, so I don't know where that places me, but I'm pretty good.

Why is James Franco fingering Chelsea Clinton?

I'm pretty skilled on bass clarinet, and I also have some experience in contra alto, contrabass, and soprano clarinets.

it's easy to say that. guitarists and bassists are a dime a dozen. a good percussionist can go anywhere he wants. as an instrument it has far more carry over than any other instrument. name me one genre that doesn't use percussion. those who can't find jobs due to oversupply always criticize those who can find work. you're basically a lib arts major criticizing a stem major at this point

I prefer the wider nut of my P-bass thanks.

I find that learning new languages is way more interesting than learning how to play an instrument.

That said, I can play the guitar and I used to sing, I don't practice any of those nowadays though... I'm currently learning Japanese (after having learned german) and that takes all of my free time.