Are there any Marvel "heroes" you could actually trust? Seems like most them are assholes

Are there any Marvel "heroes" you could actually trust? Seems like most them are assholes.

spider man is hero, dont believe the bugles lies

Frank. As long as you don't do dumb nasty shit, of course.

Spider-man
Daredevil
Thor
Cyclops

>Cyclops

literally Hitler.

Cyclops is Red Skull's spiritual liege.

I would think Thor would be near the top of the list since Mjolnir judges his worthiness. Though kind of unclear what that worth is exactly I suppose.

Trust in what sense?
Trust that they'll do the right thing or trust that they'll keep your secrets? Because I believe you can trust them on both criteria.

>Thor
>his

Captain America.

Bill. Every time

he fights for what is right night and die

Hail Hydra.

Iron Fist and Power Man.

Wise man. Bill is based.

As in not betraying you for some dubious "for the greater good!" reason and put personal drama above heroism.

I would say Cap, but Marvel's ruined him too.

That's the thing, it's only under recent direction *cough*Bendis*cough that they have become like this. Most of the times, the Marvel Heroes were flawed individuals who struggled with their lives, but at the end of the day they always did the right thing and wanted to do so.

Company-wide Flanderization, basically

Yep. I personally blame the Ultimate Universe for that. It turned the heroes into complete and utter assholes and everyone thought that was the way to go.

I know Ultimate Tony was permadrunk, Cap was more outdated than usual, Hank beat Janet every day...
Were muties and F4 Flanderized hard like that?

Sue was a cheating slut, Richard went crazy evil.
Thing and Torch came out ok from what I remember

Oh yes. Sue was basically a cunt, Torch was a typical jock, Thing was semi okay and Reed... Well Reed become Maker. Wolverine was absolute asshole who betrayed Cyclops, pushing him off a cliff, so he could fuck Jean. I did not make that up. Colossus was gay, Nightcrawler was a homophobic asshole, Dazzler was a constantly swearing punk rock artist, Warren was always half naked, Kitty was a creator's pet... The list could go on and on, and I really don't want to so I am going to stop. Oh and one more thing, everyone was willing to kill. Everyone.

>Kitty was a creator's pet
So, business as usual?

The FF weren't too bad, until Sue went all "I JUST WANT TO SLUT AROUND SOMETIMES YOU KNOW" and Reed went kinda omnicidal.
Johnny went from cocky irresponsible young adult to cocky irresponsible teenager. Didn't really change much, besides getting a supporting role in USM (even lived at Aunt May's for a while). And Ben is pretty much impossible to fuck up.

I never understood why reed was supposed to be evil anyway
he was completely right about everything he did. He was the most heroic of them all. He only did villainous shit to stop the ultimates from trying to kill him.

Ah yes, I remember Sue's "man in every port" breakup and Reed going Maker. Surprise what lack of true love does to superhero. Ultimate Reed Rebirth when?
Thanks for examples. I've read only handful of Ultimate X-Men, I remember what you said about Wolverine and Cyclops, Cyclops going to Magneto (maybe it's the same story arc?) and Wanda kissing him, Cable being Wolverine (THE FUCK?), Wolverine screwing MJ while he was Spider-Man.
>Dazzler was a constantly swearing punk rock artist
I guess I know why Dazzler looked way she did in Bendis Men.
>Kitty was a creator's pet
Something never changes.

>Ultimate Reed Rebirth when?
New Avengers

He became hero there or...?

Haha no

He's a hypocrite

I have to say, I do enjoy Maker Reed a lot more than I thought I would. Hickman basically turned a fuck up of Bendis and turned it into a semi decent character. Then Erwing developed him into a distinctive character who is quite fun like most of New Avengers.

>genderbent hawkeye

Okay what the fuck marvel. Can someone explain this shit to me? Where is the normal hawkeye?

Where the fuck are all the non-race bent or non-genderbent heroes? Did they just all die?

>Where is the normal hawkeye?
Jail.
>Where the fuck are all the non-race bent or non-genderbent heroes? Did they just all die?
Died, retired, became irrelevant.

So echo chambers not entitled to their own opinions? That's a tuff one

You seriously hadn't heard of Kate Bishop in the 10 years she's existed? Really?
Male Hawkeye is still around, he was in fact a major player in this event.

>Jail.
He was acquited actually. He's now the main character in his own Avengers book.

The Thing, and Beta Ray Bill are the absolute best.

At the time of said picture, he was still in jail, right? I know he gets released, he's fighting some guys in jeeps with Red Wolf.

It's one thing DC does well in making their heroes actually feel heroic. As in true special heroes and not just dudes with powers that aren't evil.

He took the science is absolute route. You seem to forget why they tried to off him

>At the time of said picture, he was still in jail, right?
No, this fight is in issue 5, he was declared not guilty in issue 4. It's just that now nobody in the hero commnunity on either side wants anything to do with him so nobody invited him.

Can't trust Batman
Flash is likely the cause of any problem
Green lanterns are a mixed bag
Aquaman only talks to fish
Haven't read cyborg
Superman is never there when you really need him cause everything else

I think that even in spite of Bendis and other writers, at the end of the day the heroes are still heroic and do what they consider the right thing.
Most hero vs hero events are over them disagreeing over what the right thing is.

No not really, not when they take up the same fucking handle as the the previous hero. This is why I don't bother to follow most marvel shit. I become familiar with content and then when I try to read a new series, it's always someone else that isn't the actual character that I became familiar with. And at that point I don't want to bash my head against a wall trying to figure out why the fuck they are the new titled super hero instead of a new titled hero with the same abilities.

I'm pretty neutral with the whole marvel/DC shit, but from what I follow with DC outside of the robins dying, they grow up and take on a new mantle, or even a new name that is similar but different. You know red hood, nightwing, dead. You just knew which one was what.

I mean is the old hawkeye still named hawkeye? Why didn't kate get a new name but keep the theme? It's not like there can only be one bow using super hero.

>Hank beat Janet every day

I'm not defending Ultimate Hank since he was an even more-deeply flawed guy than his 616 counterpart, but let's damn him for what he did rather than what he did not do: He assaulted her once. It was horrible, but let's condemn him for that so that the condemnation sticks rather than making shit up which can then be dismissed as fanfic baloney.

>I mean is the old hawkeye still named hawkeye?
Yes

>Why didn't kate get a new name but keep the theme?
Because Clint let her, they're friends

Yeah... It's just that recently, it feels that they are constantly at each others' throats. Like there is going to be a conflict every second. And that was not the case a long time ago. Sure, Marvel heroes were more likely to fight than DC ones, but most of the time, there was usually a good reason for that. When the fight finished, the groups involved would leave, a bit wary of others now, but they were not resentful and angry, plotting revenge or shit like that.

There was a sense of community among the heroes. The Avengers, X-Men, F4 and most hero teams were families. Families that would fight, have issues with the other members, but families that would ultimately come together at the end of the day... Now it just does not feel like that.

Yeah, I hear you, namefriend. Everyone's dickery gets swept under the rug, not Hank's.
And with Memender out of Marlel, we'll get Pymtron making new Jocastas to slap them.
THEY'RE MORE THAN FRIENDS, I HAVE FANFICS AND FANART TO PROVE IT!

But... they aren't fooling anyone. She has tits, it's not like anyone is thinking "Man this is the same ol' hawkeye keeping everything safe and doing the hero's duty!"

Just because I'm friends with someone, I don't give them permission to use my identity when I'm away doing dumb shit. It just doesn't make sense, why not just give his duties to her but you know why not she make herself into her own person instead of living in a shadow and a status someone already made. That isn't very heroic at all.

I dunno. It judges his worthiness as a viking. And it's current choice isn't exactly my idea of worthy.

I love how the FIRST thing bill does when showing up in unworthy, is literally offer his hammer to thor odinson.

>When the fight finished, the groups involved would leave, a bit wary of others now, but they were not resentful and angry, plotting revenge or shit like that.
Even in modern Marvel they're very quick to forgive and forget. Civil War II didn't actually ruin any relationships other than Carol's. Heroes who were on opposite sides of that conflict still get along fine after it.
I actually recall that Wonder Man went on a rant over how after Civil War I, all the heroes forgave each other for everything and now get along fine, as if that were something horrible instead of a testament to the heroes' character.

There are three Flashes, man.

Depends on who's writing. Every single one of these guys is so fucking inconsistent you'd think they have borderline personality disorder or something. I mean, besides Moon Knight.

Shuma Gorath

And 2 Blue Beetles. And I've lost track of how many Green Lanters there are.

Two for each sector :^)

Amen brother... Tbqh though, if I were making a Pym ongoing, I'd actually like it to be a character study of the guy.

I mean, he is when you consider it, a contextually, a somewhat good example of mentally disturbed person. He can usually keep himself under control. But, all everyone thinks when they see him is, 'This guy is insane'. That's why I always liked his relationship with Janet.

I mean, yes he hit her but, ever since then he has being trying to make up for that. And she knows it. Tbqh I like to headcanon that's why she rejects him every time he proposes. It's not because she is being a bitch. It's because she wants to give him something to work forward. It may not be the most moral thing, but that's all she knows how to help him.

Frank would gun us all down for downloading illegal comics, user.

IT'S JUST TO SEE AM I LIKING THEM FRANK, PLEASE NO!

I didn't want to mention Green Lanterns because that's more of a job than a title. Has new 52 Ted actually used the title "Blue Beetle" while Jaime was using it?

>Even in modern Marvel they're very quick to forgive and forget. Civil War II didn't actually ruin any relationships other than Carol's. Heroes who were on opposite sides of that conflict still get along fine after it.
Tell that to Jason Aaron's X-Men, along with them and the Avengers rejecting Cyclops, one of their oldest friends, despite the fact he clearly needs help. Also AvX, the Avengers being so quick on the draw, seemed so idiotic and out of character.

>I actually recall that Wonder Man went on a rant over how after Civil War I, all the heroes forgave each other for everything and now get along fine, as if that were something horrible instead of a testament to the heroes' character.

Yeah, well that was written by Bendis, so take it with a grain of salt. Seriously, I don't know what goes through that guy's head. It makes no sense.

Different generations and costumes to tell them apart. You had golden age flash, which then died out, got replaced with barry flash for silver age, and then kid flash which then replaced flash.

So like, that makes sense in my eyes because it was a lineage thing and they passed down the mantle, and at the time there was never two existing "Flash" super heroes. In this case, male hawkeye is still hawkeye, but now you got hawkeye with tits. There was no mantle passed on I guess. It just feels like it makes less sense because no one dies when they get replaced and they take the old name. Just like spiderman and black spiderman. It just feels like a shoehorned deal to get variety without properly writing in proper transitions for these people take up these roles of well known super heroes.

Maybe you can help me understand marvel's thought process.

Yeah. There have been quite a lot of threads where Sup Forumsmrades brainstormed nice Pym books.
He does need his happy pills. Weird shit happens when he's without them.
Conflict balls. Not even once.
>tfw that scene in Uncanny X-Men where Hawkeye is so triggered over ded Xavier

Wait until that daughter of Jessica and Luke shows up. Captain Americas for everyone!

>Tell that to Jason Aaron's X-Men, along with them and the Avengers rejecting Cyclops, one of their oldest friends, despite the fact he clearly needs
Cyclops was the exception, everyone else still got along. None of the X-Men were pissed at Wolverine for siding with the Avengers, and the Avengers and the non-Cyclops X-Men got along fine.

Of course they're getting along fine. You don't simply team up with Mutant Nazi Party.
Mutantkind Now? Racial Supremacy Today? Writers won't ever give us catchy slogans.

>There was no mantle passed on I guess.
...yyyyyeah there was? Clint died and Kate took up the mantle, then Clint came back to life and became Ronin instead because he didn't want to take it away from her. It was only afterwards that they were timesharing the name.
So... pretty much the same as with the Flash after Barry came back to life, really.

I'm kind of hoping that the new Wasp book will be something like this, since she evidently has a lot of the same issues that Hank does. If they can write it as a study of her struggling to not end up going down the same route that her dad did, it could be great.
On the other hand, current year Marvel.

There is a lot of legacy there too.
Atom, Hourman, Midnite, Starman, Question, Dr. Fate to name a few, atleast some existing parallel

This. Don't ever question the honor of Beta Ray Bro.

But that's also fucking dumb. I'll still stand by my point, no hero should be sharing their handle with another hero even if you can see that they are two different people.

I guess at this point it is pointless bitching since I now understand but it still just annoys the piss out of me. I'd just rather see new hero names than the same old ones with new faces because then it is annoying continuity shit that you have to learn to understand why they are there if you don't follow their story closely.

Just like flash, I knew the basics but didn't realize that barry came back to life. It shows how much I know and just how annoying it can be trying to follow the baseline of comics while reading the few I enjoy and understanding the few minor crossovers when they happen.

Even in the Marvel Adventures universe, where no hero is naturally an asshole, they live in a world where brainwashing, reality-warping, and all manner of other ways to make living saints into total assholes exist.

Bill is such a bro holy shit

So does Stormbreaker have a God Tempest trapped in it too?

Didn't he make a gulag that one time?

It was a name-sharing thing; they were both Hawkeye.

Who knows? Aaron is a retard who changes shit without thinking about the ramifications

Peter Parker.

>there's actually 3 Captain Americas running around the Marvel Universe right now

Three if said daughter appears.
>everyone can be Captain America, Kamala

We SAW it once. Somebody, Danvers maybe, talks about how it's not the first time.

At one point someone remarks that it wasn't an uncommon occurrence back in college. It's not an every day thing but it did happen multiple times before but likely not to that degree

>sold his marriage to Satan
>went evil and killed people. Three times.
>went ego crazy and started killing civilians in his name
>killed his father figure and countless others, force those that lost their powers years ago to gain them again without consent

Maybe, but there's something to be said for a relatable protagonist. Spiderman was such a big hit because he was a nerd who got bullied, and everyone loves Spiderman.

Hulkling is a nice and trustworthy guy. Wiccan less so but still better than most heroes. I guess it helps that they aren't relevant enough anymore to appear in every shitty event Marvel puts out.

Clint changed his name to HawkGuy to make things easier for everyone

Except Clint doesn't hide who he is. Even while he wore a mask, the only reason nobody knew who Clint Barton was is because, like Lex unmasking Flash in Justice League Unlimited, nobody knows who the fuck Clint Barton is.

They go into action together, they aren't pretending they're the same person, they just both use the name Hawkeye.

Tony Stark somehow manages to out asshole the other rich guy Bruce Wayne, who's a paranoid prick.

How many times has Tony turned on other heroes already?

confirmed to die soon as he's too positive an not a woman/minortiy

screencap this

He is a minority.

I'd be fucking desperate to make friends with two: Horseman Sentry and Pymtron.

Then we'll fuck off to space and unimaginable dimensions for one hell of a road trip.

I don't get how this is a fair fight. Tony's side has consistently more powerful characters on it

Horsekin aren't real, tumblr.

for you

But muh energy conversion and Binary form.

Does Deadpool count as a hero?

To be completely honest, classic Binary wrecks them all without any trouble - Strange has been nerfed to hell and back (of course he'd solo in most scenarios but well, yeah, Bendis), and Jane doesn't have feats to suggest he even approaches a planetbuster.

Not really, no.
A big problem I have with a lot of Marvel heroes now is how consolidated they are. Everyone's an Avenger, everyone is in some tied to SHIELD, it all feels like the superheroes have become the establishment. It's not so much that they're not trustworthy as mush as it feels like whenever the Avengers show up it feels like they're their to contain things and not to be heroes.
It's kinda hard to put into words, but they feel very corporate, you know? Like, they're less interested in being heroes in the conventional sense and more interested in showing up to be Avengers.
Like, how many comics do they have right now where somebody gets superpowers and the Avengers show up to either offer them membership or fight them?