This could be a great movie

This could be a great movie

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/09/26/firewatch-movie-announced
twitter.com/AnonBabble

a short at max

What a fucking nigger.

Are there any movies with similar aesthetic?
Shit was comfy as fuck

>showing Delilahs face
I really, really don't want this.
Her voice was liquid sex and bubbly joy poured over butter, and I already have an idea of her in my head that I don't want fucked with.

Also, lol at the salty folks upset that the devs attacked thier precious Pewdiepie. This shit is gold

I always imagined she was buttugly

Chinkshit

what did he mean by this

It already is.

why did they attack pewds

also this game has amazing aesthetics like the other user said

Crouching tiger, that other one. If by "aesthetic" you meant color palette

Pewds said nigger.

he said a naughty word :(

He said 'fucking nigger' on a game stream, and suddenly tons of white people got upset and kicked up a fuss as usual.
Campo Santo tried to distance themselves from him by issuing some dmca takedowns on his videos of thier game.
Now, the steam page and everywhere else the game is posted is being bombed with negative reviews
Its all gloriously retarded.

>"pewds"
>the absolute state of nu-Sup Forums

I could work but the twist at the end would be dissapointing in the movie format. They would have to do something else with Ned.

>"""twist"""
what a dogshit bland ending...
shame, it had great visuals, GOAT ost and decent plot up until the middle...

You tell how shitty a game is when fans want it to be a movie instead.

Its a walking simulator tb h, not really a game
It still was good for what it was

>Her voice was liquid sex and bubbly joy poured over butter, and I already have an idea of her in my head that I don't want fucked with.
the actress voicing her is kinda cute anyway

>Sup Forums loves sjw walking simulators now

Whats SJW about this game, Sup Forumseddit?

>This could be a great movie
Uhm, user...

ign.com/articles/2016/09/26/firewatch-movie-announced

Read the thread, retard

>muh eceleb trash drama
off yourself for carrying about this and for being unable to distance the "art" from the "artist".
i give zero fucks about the political views of the people behind the game considering none of them are shoehorned in the actual product

then y not make it a movie? they coulda done the same shit a million other fucks since clive barker with hellraiser and so on already did.

Probably would a cost less.

Fuck your walking simulator.

The game itself is "progressive", and you could even argue it's about toxic masculinity

Shitty bait

Shitty brain

How is this game "progressive" exactly?

>"game" slowly builds up a mystery
>main characters start to get paranoid
>oh shit never mind it was just some guy who was out camping when his son died by accident and he decided to never leave
>oh well time to leave summer camp is over
>"game" ends

I disagree for a couple reasons.

1) The plot twist is super polarizing because of how much of a letdown it is. I mean, sure, you could latch onto a conspiracy theory about Delilah and Ned, but you wouldn't ever know if it was true or not.

2) Henry doesn't go through any discernable character arc, at least that I'm aware of. He sorta just pushes his problems under the rug the second he becomes immersed in his summer job, but he doesn't actually learn anything from his experience there. And neither does Delilah from what you can tell.

They could pull off never showing the actress' face for Delilah, but that would probably piss off the audience (like it pissed off a lot of gamers).

Is Pewdiepie the Trump of YouTube?
Every movie he makes is closely monitored and if he trips up even a little, the media burns him at the stake

What everyone else said but the puzzling part was that the stream or the context had literally nothing to do with this game. It was battlegrounds or some other dayz clone he was playing.

>i give zero fucks about the political views of the people behind the game considering none of them are shoehorned in the actual product
While I agree with this in general I don't think there's anything wrong with not giving them your money because you disagree with their decisions in the real world.

Zerosugar must be a fan of this game

It pushed forward new ideas and possibilities for gameplay and story in video games
:^)

>why the fuck am I on Sup Forums
>I'm not on Sup Forums
leave

this game was fucking terrible. the only thing good about it is the art design. The "characters" and the """""""""story"""""""" are fucking terrible.

Great OST too, but thats it

Would rather a TLD movie

FW had shit characters, a shit ending and practically zero story.

Even the partial plotline released in TLD is better by a mile.

>thought this was a forrest ranger or forest firefighter simulator
>it's just some guy who's kid died during a camping trip
>girl cuckteases you through a radio

>TLD

TheLongDark

why didnt i get to fuck delilah

W H Y

because she's fictional and you're at home playing computer games in your underwear instead of socializing outside with other people?

im in my shorts thank you very much

...jerkwad...

whats that

this
>depressed that my wifes mind is fucked
>get sick forest ranger job to distract myself
>talk to cool girl over radio
>she flirts me up
>still depressed about my wife
>convinces me its okay to movie on
>end of game
>wanna get a drink
>wtf no u should be with your wife
>mfw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3n3nBaKPw

>((((game)))))

It's this dumb requirement of everything in this media having to cater to manchildren that's holding back the medium

neck yourself

Almost as if there are better mediums for telling a non-interactive story.

>dying a cuck
lmao

Any good?

It's almost as if there is literally no other medium that combines art style, music, writing, set design and interactivity that could be used to create true masterpieces of human expression but are instead held back by manchildren demanding their fix of instant dopamine and 1990s nostalgia. You are blind if you don't see the potential of this medium, you are like the people of the past claiming film should never strive for anything beyond being a cheap circus gimmick

Then why are all the walking simulators shit?

Much better than Firewatch.
Still in beta in that storymode is only ~40% released.
Sandbox survival is pretty solid.

Wasn't it already a movie?

I thought it was supposed to be finished. I got an email about a month back that the game had left early accesss.

Hola, Sup Forumseddit

This

>thinking calling people Sup Forums in a thread dedicated to video games is going to impress anyone

Try harder next time.

>Hola, Sup Forumseddit
>he then proceeds to agree with Sup Forumseddit
You are an outsider

That's why I specified potential. It's not that great at the moment but they are moving in the right direction so I'll encourage it. I'm currently working on my magnum opus at the moment but am having trouble thinking on how to market it because it really isn't a 'game' beyond player interactivity, nor is it a cutscene story frankenstien that so many idiots nowadays think are great

Name a single video game movie that was decent. You can't.
Also why would you watch a movie where nothing happens?

Yeah - I got it on steam winter sale 2016.
That email hyped story mode, but they only released the first 2 episodes of 5 - they quickly patched all the bugs. Still no announcement of a firm date when the remaining episodes will drop.

Better not to rush it, if that means its not a jumbled mess.

Nah, i love video games, i just hate the elitist autists on Sup Forums who think there wasnt a single good video game released in the 20 years or thats not a weebshit game

>wanting a medium to make better work is reddit

kill yourself you contrarian faggot using your distaste for everything as a facade hiding your insecurities of having no passion or drive for anything beyond shitposting

Manchild

I'm a firefighter. It's already a documentary.

It's pretty accurate, but my dad's friend died with his girlfriend trying to carry her out of the fire.

Look up smokejumpers. If you're not unhappy at the end, you should be. The park and rec department doesn't just try to stop Japanese people from getting killed by the wildlife. It's meant to protect everyone from the worse that could happen.

You have to make progress to actually finish it

No, not really.
First off no movie will ever be made today (big budget/nationally played in theaters) where viewers have to guess the ending based on what they've seen/found/heard. That's also a problem with the medium of film versus games, in the games if you explore nothing your ending will be lackluster. If you choose to take this game as more than the walking simulator that it is, find every nook and cranny, you'll maybe find an ending more satisfying than others.

Also wow what a horribly disappointing game. I searched everything but even that took me some whopping 5 hours tops. This shit was delayed for so long and it had zero pay off. Sure the art is cool, the game LOOKS nice, but does it play well? No. Radio checks and a knock out. Whoa, a corpse!... that's old ad shit. And yeah it's the guy's son.

If you haven't played Firewatch, pay no more than 5 bucks.

I thought the parks and rec department mostly spended their working hours fixing interpersonal relationships and throwing huge parties on government expense.

>Nah, i love video games
Then you're Sup Forumseddit you fucking dumb nerd
Video Games = "entertainment" sensibility = autism.
This is predominantly an art board (the "entertainment" shit that is constantly being discussed here is a result of crossposters from pleb boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums)
True cinema = art which is the opposite to autism and in turn the opposite to video games.
The sensibilities resulting in video game appreciation are diametrically opposed to the appreciation of cinema as "art". Videogames/autism/"entertainment" are the reason for capeshit

You mean walk down the linear path for 3 hours of poorly developed content?

see

I understand what you're saying, I'm just skeptical of that potential. Sure in a hypothetical future we could have full VR experiences where it's like you're the protagonist in a movie or other fictional scenario. When will we realistically reach that level if ever is another question. I know more than a little about game design and the amount of work even a modern game takes, let alone if you actually had to factor in all the possibilities that come with interaction are fucking huge. No way it'd ever be commercially viable.

Unless you're just looking to make a choose your own adventure interactive experience which can be done already and is just lame.

My cousin actually did this for a summer in Utah in 2007. Said it was pretty comfy. All he had with him was a bunch of books, some DVDs (Frasier, Northern Exposure, The West Wing) with a tube TV, and a bunch of board games and his guitar for entertainment

Those are the people that don't deserve their paycheck. I suppose I didn't specify.

Smokejumpers are the guys that come in when it's almost impossible to contain a fire. A tailwind could kill you. We have a memorial for a guy that carries three people out and died trying to bring another person out. Smokejumpers have a very proud place in my state that's at least as high as SEALS.

See I am one of the purest distillations of Sup Forums on this board and I say that videogames are worthless anti-art sensibility inflected numale pandering meme "entertainment". And anybody who praises them is likely a Sup Forumsedditor and has far less of a right to be here than me, someone who would kill for the medium in a heartbeat.

I didn't mean to shit on your profession, sounds like something I'd never do. Parks and rec is a tv show.

>5 hours tops
Huh, really?Yeah, its obviously a pretty short game but i think it took me at least 8-9 hours to finish and from what ive watched on YouTube, ive missed and didnt explore lots of stuff.
Then again, im fucking terrible at navigating and remembering paths so i spend good time backtracking

>took me some whopping 5 hours tops.
You could just play some F2P mmorpg and grind quests for 3 years if you wanted "good value for money". The best games are under 10 hours.

unironically this

Your lack of basic self awareness is astounding, did you even read the post?

That game would have been so much better with a sandbox mode. The game world was beautiful, but you get stuck on the linear path set before you, chasing down the lukewarm narrative.

That meager amount of disappointing content isnt worth the asking price.

You do realize they didn't create a whole open world and then just glue you onto a track, right? If you walked few feet outside that track you'd start to notice untextured surfaces etc. That's kind of the point of linear games, the illusion of being in a bigger environment than you really are.

Yeah man. I mean maybe I didn't turn over every book in the office but from what I remember I really went through it all. I hate when games pull a Metroid and cut you off from an area simply because you don't have an item and that's what this game does to stretch it out, so when I felt contained I explored everything I could. Found all the pets, had (what seemed like in the end) all of the important convos. And when you get the sling I was just as fast because I was still excited. Real disappointment for me.
Though honestly I feel like I should play it through again and just REALLY soak it in. I just might tonight.
So you haven't played a single Witcher game, huh champ?
Fucking WRONG.

Exactly why it should be a $5 game.

But Witcher games are absolutely terrible, what do you mean?

Sup Forums is not your home board. That is the only argument required. Videogames caters to an IMDB inflected pedestrian "entertainment" sensibility that is not shared by ANY of authentic Sup Forums. It's Sup Forums, it's Sup Forums, it's reddit. It's priorities were entertaining audience and sparking social media discussions. Praising it is no different to praising breaking bad. This is an art board. If you're giving a pass to "entertainment" masturbation then you do not belong. This shit is anti-art. If you like them you're not welcome here.

>But Witcher games are absolutely terrible, what do you mean?
???
What is your actual goal here?

You should start using less buzzwords while trying to form any kind of argument, if you want people to take your posts seriously

What do Firewatch fans think of SHITTED™?

I haven't played the game so I'm not going to pass judgement on the price point, but $1 per hour is a pretty low price for something that requires a lot of attention to detail. I don't know if they pulled it off with this instance, but something like INSIDE isn't much longer and is absolutely worth the asking price. It's not about how many hours of your life you can waste with the game, but whether $5 an hour or whatever is a reasonable price for the amount of entertainment you receive. A movie is like $10 an hour.

Do you get paid for that?

I just think the interactivy or 'gameplay' can be a powerful tool to tell a story and convey the artist's intent, how an author can command language or an painter with his paintbrush. The biggest problem currently(besides the commercial aspects) is developers writing a story or premise that would work better in other mediums instead of writing and designing specificlly using the strengths of games. If you have to ask yourself, "why am I telling this story through a video game" than you've already failed. Also, I don't think there needs to be a 'story', games should be created to reflect the creators mind wether or not that fits into a neat little narrative

Yeah, $9 an hour is what he made IIRC

mmm babysat off topic Sup Forums garbage to talk about e-celebs