OC Thread

Old thread was archived. Let's start a new one.

Other urls found in this thread:

agrestthethief.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump.

I tried doing a little comic thing with mine since that's the whole reason I draw them anyway.
This was inspired by me and my sister baking one time. I dropped and egg and she yelled that there was an aborted chicken on her floor.

came up with these guys a while back, inspired by the rodent thread a few days back

Sweet work as always. Love that stitched up doll.

Thank you I really appreciate it. Out of all the characters and ideas I've gone thru she's stayed my favorite so it's really nice to know other people like her to.
I did this one a few months ago while I was trying out different styles and I just wanted to draw her kind of creepy looking.

Posting the good boys again

i like the rough style the cat has, and the contrast between the cuteness of the mouse.

Whats their story?

the little mouse is an orphan, and the gruff ole' cat there is her unofficial caretaker
the city that the rough kitty is in doesn't like mice at all, in fact, they're considered vermin, so he has to keep her sort of under wraps

My OC named mute. She can't speak so she wears a facemask and loves to dance. She has headphones on 90% of the time so chances are she won't hear you. Her mood is always 100, happy, and ready to go

That sounds pretty harsh, but at the same time has all the potential for that odd mix of melancholic and really cute (or really sad depending on how you go).

What were your inspirations and hows the setting? If you don't mind me asking so many questions that is.

What's the story behind them? Why do they have buttons for eyes

What's the story behind this guy. Does he have a puppet fetish

These drawings are adorable. I would love to see a world built on this

The buttons are cause she's a little possessed doll.
I don't have much story for them lately I've been more focused on trying to improve since I have some final designs I like. The only thing so far is the doll is the demons familiar.
There more for just getting a feel for comics eventually I wanna do one about this little robot maybe make her a space pirate or something.

>What were your inspirations
the great mouse detective, just a little animal crossing, and surprisingly, professor layton
mostly the music for the setting
>hows the setting?
if i had to pinpoint what time period it'd take place in, it'd basically be during the industrial revolution
except with furries

No, he is a pure boy! He just likes getting beaten up.

Anyways, his name is Fridge and he makes self-help vhs tapes with the help from his puppet pals. Still trying to decide whether I want the puppets to be sentient or not though.

And some puppets I'm designing...they're more like muppets and ventriloquist dummies though.

Sounds like a cool plan. What are your plans for them?

Are you going to have a creepy-looking vintage ventriloquist dummy too?

Padraig Lainey. Irishman who lives in a rough part of Philly, he has the ability to alter and warp trajectory of any object that moves around him, depending on how fast it goes. He's also 5 feet 5 inches and doesn't like being reminded of that.

Love the shading here. What sort of plans, if any, do you have for her? What sort of world does she inhabit?

The lines on the cheekbones remind a bit of Jojo. Why's his arm broken?

Love all these designs. Personally, I'd opt for Fridge being sentient. I think it makes for a unique dynamic, rather than a "Scarface" situation.

Arm is broken because he prefers it to heal naturally. It's JoJo inspired but I don't want to go too close to the art style to feel like I'm just drawing JoJo, not my own characters.

The character himself, I have no name for. Something starting with C, I think.

He values 'knowledge' of all kinds above any else. He especially loves 'ancient knowledge', and prefers normal splints and slings he makes himself and to set bones/mend wounds on his own, rather than using magic and advanced technology.

This hinders him, as if he ever got a curse, you'd have to force him to get un-cursed. He's that content with only getting help from himself.

His love for intelligence makes him a sapiosexual. His turn-on is glasses.

I got this.

And this.

this is about bugs.

Since there is no /hyw/ thread right now and I've never made one, I'm gonna shill myself here.
Agrest has hit the first turning point in her story: agrestthethief.tumblr.com/

bump

This was on the tail end of the last thread, so I'll repost it

totally unrelated, here's this thing

hell, meant forcute oc tho

was a wip in the last thread but i finished it.
first time doing a ref sheet. hope its not bad

>that gif
>transforms into a mouse
>it still doesnt fix the misplaement of her eyesocket
so sad

even your robot is fat you've done it again

>5'5
>hates being reminded of how short he is

cute!

anyways I'm reposting mine from the old thread.

His name's Ky. He's an aimless delinquent who got burned by too many people in the past. As a result he's built a bad attitude to push people away. Once you get past his tough front, he's rather hard to talk too, because he's pretty awkward from lack of social experience.

he's also a bit of a weeb. his front was inspired by delinquent archetypes because those were his favorite kinds of characters.

Sassy Bunny DJ.

Hey thanks. Right now I've just been pairing her up with this demon girl Maggy. I don't really have a name for the doll yet. I've never really been good at world building so nothing on that front either.
I've just wanted to do some kind of comic since my older cousin introduced me to the Lenore series way back when I was like 10. That was like 16 years ago but better late than never. Sorry about the life story.

It's a pretty neat thing either way.
Thank you!

Holy shit somebody actually saved something of mine also thank you I forgot I was calling her Mary.
Everything girl I draw comes out fat it's a curse.

Sorta? I was thinking about it. I'm putting together a pitch bible for fun so I'm playing around with a bunch of designs rn .But if there was one, he wouldn't be an antagonist or have any supernatural powers.

Thank you!!

Yeah, I do prefer the idea of Fridge being in his own little world too while everyone else sees the puppets as just puppets...I'll probably end up making it super ambiguous or something.

Cute bugs!

Drew some more expressions on Clair. all I get are axe jokes

that looks pretty good! and yeah, it would be fun to see a creepy ventriloquist doll that isn't evil, or at least REALLY morally questionable.

Also there is something in those designs that really reminds me of mr.bean for some reason.

Someone like my bugs.

Thank you.

more

her name is mori

unversed in language but understands things like apoligizing, saying hello, saying goodbye, saying you understand by saying 'O.K.'

learns things quick when doing it herself

dislikes all vegetables

pathological fear of fire

band aid is from falling on her face

I think people need to "cut" it out with those jokes.

Nice work as always, Dabble. I'm liking Clair the more you post of her.

This is pretty sick, mang! Old ventriloquist dummies creep me the eff out, but I find them awfully fascinating! Keep up the awesome work.

Gonna redraw these guys in different poses. Get a lot of backlash for them even though I intended this piece to just be a basic reference.

My bad, that was me last thread with the thread. Your work is acut above the rest, leagues ahead of my own and I wanted to praise you for it

with the bad puns*

Oh hey, another one!

Drew up some random OC designs. Been contemplating another idea for a short comic that combines a Victorian family and psychopomps.

How do you guys feel about anime ace as a font? Should I use it or should I hand letter my OC comic?

These two are really great

Thanks! I hope to draw some more tomorrow when I find the time.

My boring wip shit

Older art of Vlad and Daow
Their personalities were very different, and Daow was a lot smaller than she is now

Semi-current designs
Old, but not nearly as old as the last one

re-posting.

I'm glad we are on the same page on this.

>that brings up one concern: if you want your audience to be told the story more through the visuals or the text. I'd imagine the former.

I'm not a great writer as english is not first lenguage but I guess it would be easier to use mostly text with some good pictures instead of having to draw mundane panels. I do love the show rather than tell approach, with several similar shots showing a continuous take like a scene in a movie like One Punch Man or I am a Hero but I can see that it would be too difficult and time consuming. I guess a format like Homestuck would be less exhausting.

I thought about the first scene or rather something like a first arc, it starts underground, the MC wakes up in a construct that seems like maze, there he meets said habitants for the first time, it more or less ends with him finally making it out of the underground finding himself in this strange world. How long he is in there depends on how much we create new things for the underground or we can just keep it simple.

i forgot now, but did you expand on what her relation with reese was?

Let's talk character evolution.

Here you have an old character of mine, Lucero Enaleo. She's part of the main cast of a story I've been working on for over a decade. In the past few years I've been re-working a ton of material from it, and one key element was character design.

Originally, Lucero was a hyperactive young girl who loved to write/draw/compose/sculpt/create; she moves fast, she never stops, she was ever-cheerful, and she could be annoying as heck. But that was her trait. That's what she was. And that's what she looked like, back in 2003.

Her design was a mess... but a mess with purpose, because--by canon--she designed and tailored her own clothes, which explains the extravagant looks. It made as much sense as she would allow. I was happy with that character design.

Fast-forward ten years.

Taking a look at my old designs made little to no sense to the actual settings of the story, and so I was not pleased with Lucero's old appearance. It's not just that it didn't fit the theme... it just didn't fit her CHARACTER. Even if your character is an hyperactive brat with a creative overdrive, it must also make sense. An evolution was in order.

Lucero's new version is pretty much the same--psychologically speaking--as her original self: an hyperactive young girl who loves to create stuff. Main difference is, now she craves technology as top priority. She has an obsession with steam mechanisms. But deep inside, she's still the good-ol' Lucero I created, all those years ago.

Her design is now more sensible, appropriate to her new likes (ten years of drawings also helped me improve the style), and she makes much more sense in the current setting of the fantasy world she's part of.

... ... ... She also has a pet wrench. Don't ask, that's just how she rolls.

Question:
Does it still count as "your" OC if somebody buys it?

I suppose that the OC would legally be the buyer's... Once they purchase it, they have all the right in the world to use/modify/mangle the character to their heart's content.

DID YOU SELL CHARLES?

Bump

Well...

There was some talk of silhouettes in the last thread, so I did these. Trying to make sure each character is distinct and recognizable.

AAA!

I neglected coming on here for another couple weeks and totally missed everything in the last thread rip. There were so many cuties though holy cow (also a ton in here!!)

This is my space giantess idk she rules Pluto and holds her own hand from time to time because she's lonely :^( sorry the quality isnt great ahh

Wait.. so who does charls actually belong to. I wanna draw him and give credit to the right person/company

You're doing a good job so far.

cute bun

Did...did you just draw that? Thanks!

np!! yeah i did lmao

It's mine still.
The museum guys have talked here and there about buying him, but it never goes anywhere.
I've just let them borrow him a couple of times when they make some sort of stuff for the kids.

Still trying to finalize a design for this one. Thinking about giving it some hair. Sideswept style and the same shade of pink like on it's scarf?

Oh neat. I'll get around to doodling it sometime. I love cute things

i love this pure child

Damn that's cute

slides this in here all casually
we l p

thank :^)

OH MY LORD THANK YOU

are there other planet rulers?

what are their favorite ice cream flavors?

hi, im new here, :^)

i ave an original character i made up, he is a demon, this is his demonic fire armor

its for a project of mine called DEMON JUICE, i think its going to be a big hit one day!

:3

does the mc drink demon juice to power himself

goddamn i hope it would be hilarious to see the basis of a mc's power involving chugging liquid frantically midfight

sure kid, whatever floats your boat, also nice dubs!

smooch anytime!! they're very precious :^)

Not yet!! I plan on making a bunch more. A friend of mine is making all of pluto's moons have smaller rulers basically that are all her gfs. Great big planetary poly relationship ayy

Pluto's favorite is blueberry with whipped cream, rainbow jimmies, and a cherry on top.

Diging the armor style. Gives me a real sentai vibe. Love the hair coming out of the back too.

Bump

You're welcome!

Thanks!! I just thought it would be funny to have the creepy looking ventriloquist doll be the most normal puppet out of the cast haha.

And I can totally see the similarities! Maybe it's the eyebrows and wide eyes?

Thank you too! I really like the look of old vintage dolls and dummies too...this Mickey Mouse doll from the 30s is so funny looking, it just makes me happy.

I like the designs for your dudes too, I think redrawing the poses will be fun! It will give you a chance to express personality and what not.

And some human characters I'm designing! The lady's name is Tea and the guy's name is Kettle. They host a morning talk show.

I'm probably going to end up combining Kettle's first and second design together.

Your stuffs really great everything's got such a fun look to it. Also vintage dolls are the best this little creeper sits on my desk and watches me doodle.

I don't really have anything new to show, so have a recent-ish dumb sketch of greg with a oversized cup of coffee.

Oh boy this is a bit of a weird ride for me. Sadly (or thankfully, those sketches/ideas were probably a lot lamer than i remember) most of the old stuff was lost and all i have left is what i remember.

For some reason (i don't know, maybe because i was playing the old fallouts then) the setting was a post-apocalypse thing, no explanation on why its post-apocalypse, and more centered in crafting stuff with junk than gritty survival. Basically the plot revolved around greg finding lillian, both who didn't even have defined names yet at the time, and helping her to deliver a mysterious package to someone. Greg was much more of a doofus, and lillian was much more angry/mean (though she was supposedly going to change over time).

I pretty much dropped the whole thing over time for three reasons: got bored of the whole post apocalypse thing, the plot was too generic and it went nowhere.

I did a few fantasy-ish ideas over time and finally managed to get a good grasp/idea of a universe/story to follow (although it hardly has any actual story written, just concepts). Both of them are much better developed as characters aswell.

>And I can totally see the similarities! Maybe it's the eyebrows and wide eyes?
Probably, the middle one (more on the bottom) has a similar-looking hair, if he had the bottom-left one he would really look like the good ol'british icon.

And i forgot the picture. Well, its pretty much a silly idea a friend of mine had.

When you're making a new character, do you go through a number of concepts and designs, or do you do that all in your head and then have the finished product on paper?

I FORGOT TO DRAW MY OC AGAIN
ITS BEEN LIKE 10 THREADS SINCE I LAST POSTED ANYTHING
FUCK

It really depends. I never really seek to make a new oc, I just happen to doodle a face or concept that I like and then flesh it out some. I'll create a few different doodles once I latch on to refine the design, but after that it's pretty set.

bump

You keep on doing what you're doing. I like what I'm seeing. And thanks. I'll be drawing the characters in different poses.

Hmm, I did a bit of both. I knew what I had in mind but I went ahead and did some concept sketches to see what I had in mind could be translated onto paper.

Bump

hey are you me

Looks like you're trying to emulate the Loud House

rate my awesome OC action hero, Sup Forums

A prince who's been transformed into a frog but requires the kisses of 7 different princesses to fully unravel his curse. His success rate at getting these kisses depends on which stage of un-frogliness he's achieved.

(He also needs a name, if anyone has any suggestions)