Why are Netflix comedy specials all so terrible?

Why are Netflix comedy specials all so terrible?

they are not all terrible.

Im a big maron fan and this special was just not very good. I actually saw him in Madison WI the night before he filmed this in MN

Def some other worth checking out tho

Maron has never been a good comedian, that's why he does interviews

Comedy in general is shit

Bo Burnham's was pretty good. Better than his other one anyway.

I made it 10 minutes into the shit. After the "fuck the current president m i rite?" part I thought it'd get funny, but nope. Glad it's not just me. (Disclaimer: this is not an endorsement of Trump)

if you don't laugh at the president jokes then you're literally endorsing drumpf. you can't have it both ways

Shut the fuck up.

I saw this special live in Minneapolis, ask me anything

Wtf is going on with Netflix? When did they become the lowes common denominator production?

I'll never get the love for Maron, he's constantly the worst part of his own podcast. Never heard his stand-up though so cant really judge that.

saw him the night before....meh show but im glad I went

When the lowest common denominator become their consumers.

grumpy old jew shtick got old fast

Tom Segura's special is great.

>He hasn't seen New York Story

I saw him last year and he did a good set with maybe one or two very short politics references. I was surprised but knew if Trump won he'd be talking about it. Guy is a LA liberal ffs.

Mostly Stories was a bit boring in the middle, but opened and closed really strongly. Completely Normal was fantastic all the way through, though.

itt hurt trump voters

>they are not all terrible
yes they are

Reminder that Netflix had to pay Amy Schumer $20 million for a failed comedy special like that.
The people making the decisions on programming are just spending around money without any logic.

Dude is a hack who takes himself too seriously. The worst kind of comedian.

Because comedy specials are terrible now. Thank that faggot Louis for making a year comedy special standard. Comedians can't keep that up for very long.

Burr faded after 3, Louis faded after one, Carlin was the only one who could kind of do it and he had many bad ones. Rogan is consistent, but he was never good to begin with.

Most comedians admit that anyone can get a special nowadays, it literally means nothing anymore.

Did you know that Amy Schumer demanded she get paid the same as Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle for her Leather Special?
Yass queen slay

Yeah I know that.
That was actually the best joke she ever made.

this wasn't terrible but it was not good

Anyone catch the Chappelle special?

I saw the first one. It was pretty funny imo

Norm Macdonald's special was great, or perhaps I am just biased because I like him so much.

Netflix comedy special are not bad though especially the smaller ones.

Now you're just trolling.

Both are great. Can't wait for the third one.

Even Norm thinks his special kind of sucked

Fuck you

I'm glad I don't pay for it. they sound way too liberal. He's insanely successful when it comes to podcasting, but he went to podcasting because he couldn't hack it as a comedian. NETFLIX is MSNBC Premium. 20 mil for Schumer? 'fuck outta here.

The dude is a great storyteller. His older stuff still better