'The Green Hornet' Being Rebooted By Paramount

>Gavin O’Connor is set to direct a film that will overhaul the image of Britt Reid into an edgy protagonist capable of being the catalyst for a new franchise

deadline.com/2016/11/the-green-hornet-gavin-oconnor-paramount-chernin-entertainment-bruce-lee-1201854807/

I quite liked the Seth Rogen one tbqh

>spoiler
It was a mess, but a fun one.

Im down. I dont hate the Rogen Green Hornet, but its far from what most people wanted.

>edgy

Oh boy.

On the other hand, Green Hornet at its base has always been a noir thriller sort of thing, rather than a straight superhero story. If they give it kind of a Sin City vibe, it might work.

What with Dynamite's Green Hornet? Male Hornet and female Kato, right?
Or it was like that when I read Masks 2.

God, those books are terrible. That's why i don't feel any hype for this.

A good Green Hornet movie to me would have to do two things. First, it'd absolutely have to be a period film. None of this contemporary Hornet crap. And second, it HAS to divest itself of the TV show's legacy and Bruce Lee wank.

I love Bruce Lee as much as anyone, but because he played Kato there's this weird, totally false belief that's arisen that Kato does all the work and Britt's just sort of along for the ride.

>female Kato
Hope they cast this instead of another chink manlet

Personally I want to see one that works kind of like the Now Comics with the generational thing, and to vary the Katos as much as the Reids.

>overhaul the image of Britt Reid into an edgy protagonist
I hate the movie industry

>overhaul the image of Britt Reid into an edgy protagonist
Dammit all, Hollywood. Just go with a noirish pulp period piece and stay true to the characterization they were given initially. If you want an edgy superhero, got with one. Edging up The Spirit worked SO WELL after all...

pulpy noir falls under edgy

Again, see Frank Miller's The Spirit for how well that belief played out.

I really liked those books. Kato was qt.

NOW's "Hornet family" was the one time I was ever sold on a modern Green Hornet.

Not even Matt Wagner could make the characters interesting.

It's 20 fucking 16. Nobody's cared about gritty reboots since at least 9/11, I have no idea why Hollywood *keeps* forcing them.

>The Green Hornet

that's a funny way to spell The Kato Show.

>jay chou would kick your ass though

faggot

>Gritty Green Hornet
Does Paramount love losing money? First Ben-Hurr and Bay Turtles 2, now this???!!!!
*facepalm*
Just give the rights to Disney. It's obvious they are te only one who know how to make GOOD movies

The Shadow is way more deserving of a reboot.

>Batman ripoff
The casuals will say.

I was with you until you said Disney makes good movies. Besides Disney doesn't need to own more shit. The fact they own 75% of everything is already concerning.

>Disney

Please remember what they did to the Hornet's great-uncle a few years ago.

>Just give the rights to Disney. It's obvious they are te only one who know how to make GOOD movies

The last good movie they made was Tron Legacy and even then, the visuals are what saved it