What is the problem with he, Sup Forums?

What is the problem with he, Sup Forums?
Is it a really terrible writer? Please, enlighten me. The anons here seem to hate him,

He's alright. Maybe a bit stale now.

The hate is the kneejerk reaction to the masses of first-time readers who have read up on all the Hypercrisis thread caps from 2009 and now can't stop spamming dumb shit about wizards and living fiction

wrong pic, thats not bendos

One of the very best but normies and plebs hate him because his work is legitimately too smart for him.

>for him.
*For them, I mean.

No, I think he was right the first time.

Very talented writer. Sometimes comes off as... well, pic related.

Overall has a very good body of work. He's not immune to gaffes though.

Some (certainly not all though) people hating him recently come across as trying way too hard to hate anything cape

He knows his shit, his imagination is wild, and he feels destined to share his view with the world.

He's an artist, and while sometimes he gets preachy, I can at least understand that it's because it comes from his heart.

I started Morrison recently, though. He's very brilliant, and has this bizarre view that is impossible to deny he has.

Well, it goes kinda like this.
Morrison is a talented writer with some cool meta-ideas that he likes to explore in most of his comics. He's got a good grasp on psychedelic imagery, weird spiritualism and pseudoscience and stuff like that. As such he's got a good fanbase.
Now, the problem is that, as with any fanbase, you get a portion that just mindlessly praises his books to the exclusion of all other things. It doesn't matter what you're talking about, Morrison is better. And the larger the fanbase, the more of this kind of thing goes on.
So you get pushback. Sup Forums is a naturally contrarian place, so it's not surprising. So you get another group of people that decide they hate Morrison. Some of them might be people that legitimately dislike his works, some of them might be previously disinterested anons annoyed by Morrison fans constantly shilling him, some might be people that are just annoyed that no-one is mentioning his flaws, some might just be contrarian for the hell of it.
So the result is that most of the time you can't have a Morrison thread without both of these groups flinging shit and arguing about one bald Glaswegian. And as the argument goes on, it gets increasingly polarized until he's either the High Priest of all things good in this world or a being made out of literal human excrement that taints everything he touches. There's no room for being in-between.

He doesn't know how to actually write engaging and interesting characters so he hides behind "meta" stuff that impress stupid people that feel like intellectuals for noticing such "deep" stuff.

Infinitely better than those overrated hacks, Alan Moore and Frank Miller. He's no Geoff Johns, though.

>t. pleb

I love grant morrison, he's fucking amazing.

The Johns bit was too unsubtle.

in recent years you're genuinely right about the first part though

bad at writing, still struggles with the medium to convey information, pushes unrelated and silly ideas into any fucking comic he touches

Sup Forums loves Morrison as evident by the hundreds of hypercrisis threads but if you are a newfag I could see how the vocal minority may lead you astray

>morrison is the training wheels writer you are supposed to read until your taste matures enough to read old Claremont, Moore and Ellis

>Sup Forums sucks his dick because they literally never grew out of entry-level wacky shit

>he has spawned copycat writers (gerard way, snyder) that aim to please that perpetually child-like audience

>impossible to deny he has
He doesn't have a single original idea though

All taken from better minds

me likey Grant Morrison's loco-motion

>Ellis and Claremont better than Morrison
o i am laffin

Moore's best work is capeshit btw

His work is so absurd that it becomes enjoyable to read.

He is a prophet of Hypercrisis making him a disciple of Kek.

How is Snyder a copycat of Morrison?

Ellis is what you read when you're 15. After 18 you should grow out of him.

>Moore's best work is capeshit btw
No matter what Moore thinks this will always be true.

He's an alright writer, his fanbase is pure cancer though