Name ONE (1) other film directed by a woman that was actually good

Name ONE (1) other film directed by a woman that was actually good

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0144084/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm
imdb.com/title/tt0093605/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Hurt Locker

Half of the matrix and then later all of it

The Woodsman. Am I not allowed to name more than one?

Point break

the babadook

The irony here is the director didn't even understand the motives or the desires of the characters she was directing, go and watch her interviews about it. She accidentally created what we have today, in her mind she portrayed them all very differently. If she'd tried to make he movie we actually got she'd have failed miserably

K I N O
I
N
O

Lost in translation

>The irony here is the director didn't even understand the motives or the desires of the characters she was directing, go and watch her interviews about it. She accidentally created what we have today, in her mind she portrayed them all very differently. If she'd tried to make he movie we actually got she'd have failed miserably
i like how you make this big claim without going into detial. how did she "misinterpret" the characters?

Zero Dark Thirty wasn't bad either

But this movie isn't actually all that good. People who watch it are still unclear on whether or not he actually did all those killings, and that's just bad film making

Shit garbage only praised because the director is a woman.

She did understand the story, but the way she went about portraying it was the accident.

it's clear he didn't kill anyone

Shit man you really are just a downer all the way huh

I thought he did. The cat and police scene was just him goin off the rails.

Are you retarded or dislecsic?

Strange Days

Irony?

Ravenous

>it's clear he didn't kill anyone

Don't start with this meme shit. There are interviews and videos featuring both the director and the original author of the book who both say clearly that he did commit all the murders.

The matrix.

Came to post this. Based Leni.

>ambiguity is bad film making

What a sorry state of affairs.

In this case it's actually not bad though. It's when a movie basically refuses to finish or piece together it's story when ambiguity is bad. When there's an illusion of something being there but really the creators just had no idea what they wanted out of the story.

death of the author
because patrick bateman killed him and cooked his head

American Psycho was obviously intentional.
The point I was trying to make is that is a moron.

>Had Willem Dafoe film 3 different versions of whether he thought Bateman did kill Paul Allen, didnt do it or wasnt sure if he did it and decided to use them interchangeably.
Nice touch desu

GREAT frequently asked questions

imdb.com/title/tt0144084/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm

The Matrix

:^)

Bale as Bateman is one of the best single performances of all time. Movie was an 8, but the performance was a 10

i mean, if you ignore the whole propaganda aspect.

a movies message cant take away from the goodness of it
come and see is 10/10 for example

Lost In Translation
Near Dark

The Ascent
Point Break
The Night Porter
Shots of Rum
Toni Erdmann
The Captive
The Headless Woman
Crush

Generation Kill

Masterpiece desu. Persepolis is great too

>People who watch it are still unclear on whether or not he actually did all those killings, and that's just bad film making
You deserve this (you)

Name ONE (1) dubs by a female user

Cleo from 5 to 8

Jeanne Dielman
mine ; )

waynes world

Lost in Translation is good movie. Just ignore the fact that it is blantently a homage to Wong Kar Wai

"people" actually fall for this weak bait. I think this board might even be dumber on average then Sup Forums or /x/ Bravo

Name ONE (1) film NOT directed by JACKIE CHAN that was ACTUALLY GOOD

There's a bunch of comedies directed by women that are good. I can't remember which ones tho

This just makes me miss the message boards

Police Story 2

Stupidity?

>the hurt locker was directed by a woman
holy shit it makes so much more sense now

don't

any movie with graphic rape or pedophilia

all directed by women

Wonder Woman

It was directed by Jackie Chan though.

this
best female directed movue of all time

all of these were disappointing to me

lost in translation was fine.

It's a terrible shit movie, and I didn't know that it was directed by a female. That explains a lot actually.

this really got the old wheels turning, thanks user

Really? noice.
imdb.com/title/tt0093605/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Wayne's World

The Matrix

its not terrible

Marie Antoinette

Knew some faggot would say this. What a shit movie.

Triumph of the Will

>This is a story about men living in a man's world, competing with each other over who has a better tan, who has better clothes. Nobody can tell each other apart, it's all very empty, it's shallow, it's competitive, and it makes men look really really bad, and it makes them look kind of gay, because it is such a mans' world, and they are so obsessed with how they look, with clothes and their business cards, that it's taking that competitiveness to an aesthetic level that's kind of what we think of as how gay men are; impeccable dressed, impeccably groomed, really concerned with each other, and women are an outside factor. And it's funny, it's making fun of that, and I find that to be so powerful in the book, it's just outright mockery of male behavior.

Mocking men by making them behave like women, genius.

checked

Master and Commander

Fernando Mereilles is a woman?

That movie was pleb trash though.

this

This. Somewhere > lost in translation