JSA Storytime: X-Fag Edition

Goooooood evening owls of Sup Forums!

I will be your host for the evening!

Yay Alan Davis!!

I bought this on a whim at a comic shop and didn't know it was an elseworlds. Still fun

>the hope
>the briefness of it
Th-thanks user.

Naw I kid, thank you.

This is my little tribute to our dearest JSAnon, wherever she is (probably Twitter or something)

She ??

It.

She an hero'd. You didn't hear?

It sort of ties into The Nail too. Pretty clever stuff by Davis and Farmer.

Hey, it's no biggie, my man.

i've never read the nail because i have a preconception of it not being great with no basis

>Quick Tony save me
Oh hey it's Cap.

Yep, she.

Don't even joke like that, user.

I really dig it! You should give it a read. But then again, I also like the sequel, which was received less favorably, so

So! What's coming out tomorrow?

Read a fun review of Keef Legion recently:

>Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 4 #5

>Oh, it's a long story. But basically a crazy wizard manages to fuck up history so that magic defeats technology up until even the 30th century. So this single issue is the Medievalized versions of the superheroes trying to get their timeline back. Keith Giffen manages to do what Mike Mignola couldn't and creates the most convincingly Lankhmarish visuals in comics history.

>Some people thought Keith Giffen's run on Legion was too dark, too dense, too complex, and too hard to understand. These people are all child molesters. There is nothing like it in the history of comic book storytelling and if we had to lose a few illiterate waterheads off the fanbase in order to see it, then those are the risks of the culture business.

>Many more people have never even heard of Giffen's run on Legion of Super-Heroes because nobody fucking reads Legion of Super-Heroes. I envy these people because they can go buy back-issues of the first few years of Legion Volume 4 and be extremely surprised and confused and engrossed and happy for a few days in a way that's otherwise fairly difficult to do without taking off your clothes, leaving the house, getting fat, or paying some creep with weird facial hair for a carefully-titrated helping of something illegal.

Thank you.

kek

Batman
GL
Black Hammer
Cave Carson
Moonshine
Thanos
more stuff???

>Sinestro War

Ugh, it's this ship.

No problemo!

>No problemo!
This

>Thanos
Isn't that drawn by Deodato? Should be fun trying to find any blatant traces like that LEGO ship.

I hope he doubles down and it's all lego, even Thanos is the lego Thanos.

There's some new Dark Horse series written by the MIND MGMT guy I'm interested in. The name is like Boone/Boore.

Hey, that's the name of the comic!

Matt Kindt? Should be fun. I haven't been able to keep up with my comics very well lately myself.

>If you like your guys big...

man, colossal boy's early costume (i know this isn't exactly it, but its close) was a real head-scratcher.

I ship it desu
Especially because of the ending

also gonna be some phoenix force bullshit happening!

Batman 11 is this week, hypehypehype

nothing on my pull list

maybe I should start reading Aquaman for these off weeks

Cute little cameos here.

when was this published? that could be a direct shout out

The name is actually Ether, I was totally wrong. Also this thread is (stupidly) a wee bit depressing for me so I'm out, but I'll come back and read it later because I haven't before.

Thanks again, and night.

>We'll start our own team
The beginning of a legend

So if Supergirl starts having secret alien plots my legion conspiracy theorizing will explode. also in the comic Kat referred to that one kid as Bouncing again....

No Garth feels so wrong!

2001. 'Tis can only be the work of the Hypercrisis.

Good night user!

better than that weird wrestler one piece and headgear thing. he has a lot

The Daxam thing is what kicks it into hypercrisis for me.

>There's some new Dark Horse series written by the MIND MGMT guy
I need to check out his current one Depth H or something.

>Thanos
Oh man, I am going to HAVE to read that trainwreck.

>dat Davis sex hair

Who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree?
Sexual Harassment Tinya!
Who explains sexual harassment to you and me?
Sexual Harassment Tinya!
Don't say that, don't touch there..
Don't be nasty says the silly bear!
He's come to tell you what's right and wrong..
Sexual Harassment Tinya!

The only thing I don't really like about this story is how Reep talks.

i like the attempts to diversify the Legion but would be nice if it extended past making the aliens more alien

i saw on tumblr someone do a thing redesigning raceswapped versions of legionnaires and they started with Brainy which broke me because Brainy being green is the ONE thing that shouldn't change. supergirl better fix blue coluians

Is it just me, or does Tasmia have blackish features? Because if so, that's a really neat detail.

I feel like any attempt to diversify the Legion should go beyond just diversifying them by our standards. I want more alien-looking dudes and dudettes, dammit!

Then again, I'm one of those dudes who, whenever people talk about diversity in Star Wars and the like, thinks about more aliens first.

>Brainy didn't create Flight Rings

NOPE

yeah, Davis seems to be doing that a little, like exaggerating features

>whenever people talk about diversity in Star Wars and the like, thinks about more aliens first.

Cue the Green Lantern/Green Arrow page. You all know the one

There are a lot of changes here, especially where Brainy is concerned, so if you're a lore purist, boy oh boy are you in for a ride.

Geez, Jo.

>when Berganza tried to use that as a legit defense for DC Diversity

The real one, or the fake one?

is Cham the space ship? that's cool

Sometimes I still think bout " Bizarro is grey, does that count?" and smile

Grey people count as diverse too!

Got excited for JSAnon for a sec, damn.
Still, good to be back.

Thom Kallor: Man on a Mission

Sorry about that, user :(

Didn't mean any ill-will. Thread is still comfy as usual.

he's so unsettling to look at without his beard, like Star Trek dude

FUCK YEAH

Don't worry, no offense taken!

>tfw we will never get an LoSH crossover with Cockrum-era X-Men

It's like a match made in Heaven... and they let it slip through their fingers

I've always felt like Persuader could be like the Legion's Boba Fett or something.

>Cosmic Boy/Saturn Girl

what the fuck is this shit

Persuader's fucking awesome. Dat axe.

IT'S PAYBACK TIME

I think the closest thing to a Boba Fett is that dude with a gun hand and mohawk, Tyr? He strikes me as a boring bounty hunter with a cool look

I will never understand the appeal of Alan David art, for me it looks like shit.

Oh shit

I always thought he looked pretty silly desu

Begone with ye!

Even this?

Oh fuck

This seems legit desu. Rogue obviously has to depower Phoenix because the Phoenix Force is going out of control. They should do a full issue.

FUCK

kek

Fund it.

Is this /d/?

It's always /d/

It's strange I want to make fun of this considering the Legion's history but I dunno this feels too pedestrian maybe

looks like shit like everything he does.

Making the thread feel like home!

Dammit, Jo.

So since we're back with the Legion, just wanted to say I finally watched the LoSH animated series and god dammit did it deserve a third season.

>sweat not
kek

That's true, yeah. You have to go extra hard on a crazy twist for LoSH.