Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
I know the rule about spoonfeeding but I need your help.
I've been trying to figure out how to start the cosmic marvel infinity storyline, and everywhere I look has a different answer.
The pack I've got starts me in Silver Surfer #34

Bumping because I want to know where Classic Cosmic starts

Go in balls deep and start with Infinity Gantlet.

It was the first non spiderman comic I ever got/read.

What about the Captain/Mrs. Marvel, Warlock and Quaser shit before hand?

Start with Forever People #1.

Read it later.

Or just do this

Does this connect into the Annihilators and stuff later? Or is that a different thing altogether?

Mind you I'm just trying to piece things I've heard Sup Forums mention in the past and am barely sure if ANY of it's connected.

Not connected

Read Thanos Quest 1 & 2, then Infinity Gauntlet. The Return of Thanos issues of Silver Surfer aren't that good or set up much that I remember.

The only other Thanos story I'd recommend from this time is Strange Death of Adam Warlock.

Infinity Watch #11 is also a good Thanos story but it takes place between issues 5 & 6 of Infinity War.

Classic Cosmic connect to Modern through Infinity Abyss > Thanos: The End > Thanos > Drax > Annihilation.

From what I gather jumping into infinity Gauntlet isnt that hard, considering Thanos explains why Death brought him back and how he got the infinity gems. Then he just proceeds to fuck up the Universe to get his dick with Deaths literal and metaphroical pussy cause he has a crazy emo fetish for her. He sounds like he listens solely to Type O Negative dude.

There isn't supposed to be any backstory to him. He's not a complex or well written character, he's just a shitty plot device.

You're welcome, everyone.
Silver Surfer origins
Silver Surfer v1 (1-5)
Avengers: Kree/Skrull War
THANOS WAR
THE MAGUS SAGA
Eternals v1
Thor: The Eternals Saga
Misc Cosmic Origins
Avengers: The Korvac Saga
Silver Surfer: The Ultimate Cosmic Experience
Silver Surfer v2 One-Shot
THE DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL
Thor by Walter Simonson
Contest of Champions
Avengers: The Legacy of Thanos
Secret Wars
Rocket Raccoon v1
Silver Surfer v3 (1-10)
Silver Surfer: Judgment Day
Silver Surfer: Parable
Silver Surfer: The Enslavers
THANOS QUEST (including Surfer 34-50)
INFINITY GAUNTLET
Warlock & the Infinity Watch 1-6
INFINITY WAR
Warlock & the Infinity Watch 11-17
Thor: Blood & Thunder
Silver Surfer v3 (70-75)
Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection
INFINITY CRUSADE
Cosmic Powers
Cosmic Powers Unlimited
Marvel & DC Cosmic Crossovers
Star-Lord
Galactus: The Devourer
Avengers Infinity
INFINITY ABYSS
MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE END
Thor Disassembled & Saga of Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer v4 (1-6)
Thanos
Captain Universe (2006)
Eternals v3
ANNIHILATION
ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST
Silver Surfer: Requiem
Silver Surfer: In Thy Name
Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter
WAR OF KINGS
REALM OF KINGS
THANOS IMPERATIVE
Silver Surfer v6
Annihilators
INFINITY (including all of hickman avengers/new avengers)
Thanos: A God Up There Listening
Thanos Annual
Deadpool vs. Thanos
Thanos vs. Hulk
INFINITY REVELATION
INFINITY RELATIVITY
INFINITY ENTITY
INFINITY FINALE

Screencap this shit for posterity. I worked hard on it.

To clarify, "Silver Surfer origins" is the original Galactus stuff in Kirby FF

"Misc Cosmic origins" includes the origin issues of Nova, Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, and Captain Universe. I'd recommend reading the full runs of any of these characters if you like them.

You forgot Drax, The first series of modern cosmic.

That's included in Annihilation for me.

Is the list for you?

Nigga it's included in the trades.

I just started with Thanos Quest then infinity gauntlet and they explain everything, only thing I gathered that you need to know is that the first time Thanos showed up was to get the infinity cube, and the last time he was stopped by captain marvel and died but captain marvel also died.

But not all of the comics you listed are the names of trades. Your list isn't informative enough to really assist it's supposed target audience and doesn't even fit the OP's question.

what for? the only thing you need to know is if you find the reality stone it will take you immediately to the other stones, and that's the end of the quest. oh boy, marvel is so stupid.

The actual 'story line' is only things written by Starlin, Thanos' creator. In his comics Thanos does a lot of soul searching after each loss and grows as a character. Every other writer just has him as a space pirate villain.

For anyone still around, what is your favourite single cosmic story? This is mine.