/wct/ Wednesday Comics Talback Thread

Can we have one of these threads Sup Forums?
Where all of us can discuss all the comics released every Wednesday? It can become something like a good archive of all the details and story lines?

Starting with this wednesday.
What are you guys looking forward to this week?
Jessica Jones #2 is coming and that is the only bendis-shit that is actually worth reading.

Really excited for Batman. Loving it
Cave Carson interested me when i found out it was more DCU superheroy but i'm still just reading for the back ups
Cyborg has actually got me interested in it's big conspiracy game, and hopes of DC robot camoes
Green Lanterns and Arrow are consistently reliably good series. I'm a little behind on Lanterns though.
Suicide Squad is actually good.
Superman is still setting up Super Sons which i'm ready for
Black Panther had been consistently great

eeeee not much marvel this week for me

I have been reading Arrow and it is surprisingly good.
I am starting with supes this week. Hoping it will be good.

And yeah you are right. Nothing much interesting with marvel this week. I am just picking JJ.

I have no Idea why I haven't dropped Hellcat yet. Something about its art style keeps me from dropping it.

Oh ok let see.

Uncanny x-men Annual is coming out and Bunn said that "alive or dead — Elixir has a huge place in the Marvel Universe after this, and it could have a big influence on stories going forward" so i am excited for it.

I am also waiting for the next issue of Superman for more Jon and Damian "team up".

Carnage is a book that i might storytime tomorrow since i love it.

>comics released every Wednesday
>Wednesday is still two and a half hours away
You're killing me senpai

This week I have Silk, Carnage and AN Wolverine coming out on my pull list for Marvel, all three I'm pretty hyped for, not sure what's coming out for DC this week but if it's on my pull list 8m hyped for it.

>I am also waiting for the next issue of Superman for more Jon and Damian "team up".
Who do you think will take their shirt off first, Jon or Damian? I'm hoping Jon.

>living on worst coast
wew lad

>bestcoast is worst coast
Hey, fuck you buddy, I love living on the edge of the world and time as we know it

In Aquaman I really want to see how Mera reacts to what happened to Arther, and where things go from here.

Cave Carson has had my interest since announced because I love those kind of old school adventurer characters. First issue was great too. With the cameos it had I'm hoping that the Challengers of the Unknown will show up down the line.

KISS had a promising first issue, and I'm looking forward to see where it goes. Can't wait for that giant robot action the writer promised.

Moonshine got my attention for the Prohibition setting, and I'm excited for when there's some actual werewolf action.

I have other things I'm getting, but those are the only ones that I'm looking forward too that much.

Loving the Green Lantern books and eagerly looking forward to those

Bumping to keep it alive for tomorrow.
Sleep well anons.

Weird, we usually have a storytime by now.

>Carnage is a book that i might storytime tomorrow since i love it.

As soon as possible please.

Batman is confusing me with the dialouge in the last two issues, but I'm hoping it's just a contrived way related to what's going on.
Green Lantern introduced a cool villain but they already blew him off as a crazy driven power guy, which is a shame since he was pretty enjoyable.
The light hearthed tone of SuperDad and John pays off with the grittyness of some other stories I'm reading.
When will Green Arrow come out? If I'm not mistaken it's Otto's turn this month.
On Marvel I'm pretty much waiting the storytimes of Civil War 2 and Champions just to see what the fuck they are doing. It's like watching your favourites characters reanche The Room.
I'm waiting for Moon Knight and Mosaic.

Haven't picked up my load yet

I guess I'll get whatever new YA is out this week. Hopefully a Flinstones if that came out too.

Maybe you should have made this on Wednesday night instead of Tuesday night

Of the books I just read on this site, spider-man was my favorite
JJ and Iron Doom were trash
ASM was filler

>Jessica Jones #2 is coming and that is the only bendis-shit that is actually worth reading.
no it isn't. I gave it a chance and it's the same as all his other shit. Random shit happens, nothing is explained. nothing makes sense, huge issues are ignored for no reason. In JJ, the big one is: Jessica took the child she has with Luke and hid it. No one even knows if the kid's alive, not even the father. Who, by the way, has done nothing wrong. I mean.....seriously? having your protagonist pull shit like that is very difficult to pull off. It requires talent and effort, neither of which Bendis has.

Cyborg: interested
Suicide Squad: interested
Batman: love it
Black Panther: love it

JJ: shit
Champions: shit
Mosaic: shit
CW2: painful shit
Clone conspiracy: trainwreck
Iron doom: painful shit
Ironheart: shit
X-Men: shit

I used to be a Marvel fan.

So what is the verdict on this then? After issue #2

is this just about new comics? I feel Sup Forums should have a
>Readan
>Watchan
thread like Sup Forums.

Anyway, kinda bummed that the Annuals don't seem to be included in the JSA trades since I remember loving the Power Girl Earth 2 Story, not only that but it's important set-up for a later story.

Also, shame about the preceding run before the 2009 one, I mean Levitz' story was great but it wasn't really conclusive and I felt it being the closing arc to a run really brought it down. Also, yeah I am the user who's been posting the JSA threads, not that anyone's replying. It's been 5 years since I last read the JSA again, I can't believe how fresh some of the details were in my mind but completely forgetful on the others. Some scenes still manage to pull my emotions.

no, fuck off, it would be a shill central
generals are cancer in general

I just finished thy kingdom come
Is JSA All Stars worth checking out
The ongoing not the mini

The B-Plot is great (Jessica investigating all the people from Ultimate and other universes that replaced 616 versions at the end of Secret Wars) but the A-plot is awful (WHERE'S THE BABY?!).

Unfortunately, the A-plot is the focus. At the very least, it's the best of Bendis 6 books. I'd say give it one more issue to see if he gets back on track and the B-plot has some pay off, otherwise it's a skip.

It was pretty shitty desu. I mean it is expected from Bendis, but he really has the ability to turn comics with good potential into shit.

It's pretty good user. Do give it a read.