Do you guys still buy movies on physical formats?

Do you guys still buy movies on physical formats?

I own a couple of films I enjoy.

>paying for movies

fpbp

Last thing I bought was LOTR box set and I was trying to rip it into MKV's and having trouble and realized it would be easier to just go to TPB and download them. They sat in my closet for a few years and then I gave them to goodwill. There's just no point.

I torrent everything but only because I'm a poorfag. If I had the money I would buy every film I like on Blu-Ray and nearly half of the Criterion collection.
This is the case with most of us here, just most of them are afraid to admit and will just spam "WHY WOULD I BUY WHEN EVERYTHING EVER IS SHIT LMAO GET REKT" as a defense mechanism

Flicks on Bluray
Movies on DVD
Films on VHS
Kino on Floppies

> i buy physical copies of films and spend money on this
Are you retarded?

I have Cinderella cartoon on VHS and Flushed Away on dvd

To all of you who strictly torrent everything, it's all your fault.
Because you fuckers pirate EVERYTHING and by not paying to support what you really want to see in theaters studios have turned to literal millenial kids and the foreign (mainly chinese) audience who do pay for tickets so they can brake even.
You are the reason why we have so much degenerate capeshit being pumped out of Hollywood right now.

Hollywood made great films in the past when people payed and have shown support to films they like financially, so studios kept making quality films with quality directors and writers so people keep coming back. Then torrents came, people stopped paying for films no matter the quality and the studios have started taking literal-who no name directors/writers to make films for as little money as possible for the rest of the audience who are still paying for it, the chinese and millenial kids. Now we're fucked.

I buy physical copies that make me look like a patrician so when I have a girl over they can see I have taste.

How can a girl know you have taste when most of them don't watch films older than their birth year?

I own about 20 of my favourites and download everything else.

I bought toy story 2 on VHS in 2002, not single one after that

good for you pal , good for you

First post worst post

unintelligent toad uploader

I use streaming services. My brother collects DVDs which I don't get, seems super archaic, but I also use emulators to play ps2 games so I can't say much. I know hard drives are "supposed" to have a shelf life, but it's a long one.

Next time download and use MakeMKV

I own a bunch.

Based pirate.

top kek you can't be this deluded.
If Hollywood can't compete with a fucking 10MB torrent client and a few magnet links, it's THEIR problem, not ours.
It's movie makers who should first produce great flicks to attract people to the theaters and away from piracy, and it's studios' problem to offer a cheap and widely available platform to legally watch movies, not the other way around.
Fucking goy

>being so rich it doesn't matter
enjoy that 27" screen

I collected a lot of movies on DVD when BluRays weren't around. But then these disgusting kikes started deliberately shitting down the mastering quality of DVDs and doing BD exclusive cuts to boost Bluray sales and they completely lost me as a customer with this perfidious bullshit. Now I pirate everything, fuck them.

I have a couple of thousand movie, tv, documentary and anime dvds. Some bought cheap from pawn shops, some bought new. I also pirate extensively.

I buy a fair few blurays when they are on sale, but only really stuff I haven't seen.

I think 4K is the generation I might save for my favourites and stuff that deserves to be seen in UHD (Lawrence of Arabia, No Country, Once Upon a Time in the West ect)

Pic related, right stack is stuff I haven't seen

Why the fuck would you buy a bluray of The Great Wall?
Also go watch Das Boot right now.

Why are you not ripping and uploading everything to public trackers as we speak?

I have all these on a firestick. If there were ever such a catastrophe that would interrupt service so I couldn't use that stick, I would wager a guess that it would extend to DVDs and make them useless as well. I just hate useless clutter is all, can't stand collecting

But you don't have the extras, deleted scenes, behind the scenes, Q&A's and directors commentary.

Lots of times those are just separate "shows" so you have the option to check them out, or just go on YouTube if you really want them.