Why do naturally strong heroes need defined muscles...

Why do naturally strong heroes need defined muscles? Does their strength depend on how well trained their muscles are in lifting and such? Can they be skinny as shit and still perform acts of power and strength?

Watch more JOJO OP

Probably an after effect of lifting crazy heavy things. Like they started off skinny and since they used their strength to lift things their body just changed with it

JOJO?

bump for Peej

Because it sells, there is absolutely no other reason to explain why everyone is jacked and is looking perfect in comicbooks

Visual shorthand.

> that belly
I want to place my head there and fall asleep while she caress my head.

I want to lie face down in her crotch and die from hyper squirt or if my head gets snapped by her hot thights.

because strong people have muscles, dummy.

fatties can barely pick themselves up, and lifting your own fat ass doesn't count as a feat of strength.

Sorry to break it to you but I see a buge futa dick (no balls) extending from her crutch under her belt to over her belly

>there is no reason
There's multiple reasons: they have perfect bodies to be idealized versions of us or to be self insert fantasies of some kind. Story wise it makes sense for a lot of heroes to have muscles. Batman trained for years to be in physical shape, Superman's a farmer and his body absorbs solar energy like crazy and then Wonder Woman's from an island of physically perfect Amazon warriors and athletes. I can go on, but the idea of heroes having muscles isn't done for no reason.

Don't know how muscles on that part of the body looks like dont ya? Lol, who am I kidding. I'm on Sup Forums

Muscles allow us to buy the idea that the characters are crazy strong. It helps make them seem larger than life, make us self insert as these perfect gods/goddesses of fitness or to showcase an idealized form of beauty and strength. Much like Greek Gods and heroes, they were perfect looking super humans, so this concept is very old and not specifically a trope for superheroes.
This is why when superheroes do feats of strength and such, you can buy into the idea that they're that powerful because their bodies show that. If they were super skinny, it'd be much harder to buy into the character really powerful since they look like they've never done exercise in their life. This is why I can't buy into characters doing crazy feats of strength and shit in anime as opposed to superhero comics, mainly because anime tends to be far more blatant and obvious when it come to self insertion.

Wouldn't the strenght and power be more believable if they look like they're not powerful.? Like their power comes from somewhere else and it's not human strength.

that would completely not be more believable at all. If their strength doesn't come from human strength, where exactly it comes from?

Theres got to be some base of realism to a degree, if not we just get anime. If a character is superpowered and running, fighting, lifting all the time, they wont be fat or skinny, muscles and form are a side effect of what they do or are

I always thought it was the fact that theyir muscles behave like normal muscles, just.. ya know, super. A scrawny super human would probably be peak human strength. But a jacked superhuman is going to be able to lift so much more. Their strength isn't static, they still can get stronger or weaker based on physique

I want her to just carry me off to have her way with me.

>. If their strength doesn't come from human strength
OP said naturally strong and he has a Pee Gee photo. Peej's not human

>Superman's a farmer and his body absorbs solar energy like crazy
By that logic all trees should have sixpacks.

Daily reminder that Sup Forums prefers a skinny Wondy.

Not curvy, not athletic, not toned. Wondy is suppose to be a stick cause her strength doesn't come from muscles and all her warrior training didn't do jack shit to develop her muscles.

yes, they have muscles and their strenght comes from them, just because they're different muscles than average humans doesn't mean they don't need to be trained.

Trees don't lift planes, buildings, etc stressing their muscles and breaking down fibers to produce muscular growth on regular basis, they just stand there doing nothing and therefore their tree muscles are atrophied

Superheroes live active lifestyles and are generally humanoid enough to have a a bodyplan like H. sapiens. It only stands to reason that they'd be jacked with all the unnecessary work they do.

Superman is out busting his ass at least 80 hours a week, realistically he may not have the Adonis physic but I bet the guy would at least have huge biceps

Fuck off with your fetish.

So you can tell they're powerful at a glance. It's not about logic, it's about storytelling.

>Why do naturally strong heroes need defined muscles?

As one user already mentioned, it's a form of visual shorthand. You look at a hero's defined muscles and assume that they're very strong, athletic, and capable.

Also if they get their strength from their bodies and not some magical force, it makes no sense for them to not be as fit as possible. If they want to do their job well.

However it could be argued that strong superheroes should look more like actual strongmen instead of bodybuilders who focus more on visuals than actual strength, but maybe it's the alien shit/magic/super hero serum that bridges the two.

Lazy-ass ents..

But it's more believable, user. Most of the arguments here says so. Muscles = power/strength.

It efiminates most of em.

During Flashpoint, a version of Superman who had never been exposed to sunlight and had been malnourished his entire life actually did have an extremely skinny physique, even though once he started absorbing sunlight he got the Kryptonian powerset, including the strength and so on.

Clark looks the way he does because he grew up on a farm, played football in high school and college, and generally had a lifestyle that encouraged constant exercise, workouts, and similar exertion. So he developed a very good baseline, and from that, when his powers kicked in and then kept developing, it took him up towards the bodybuilder physique and doesn't go back down.

Compare Clark to Kara. Clark had a very physically active childhood and adolescence/early adulthood. Kara didn't when growing up on Krypton, so she doesn't have his physique, but she DOES still get the powers and the corresponding ability to casually bench skyscrapers. In theory, if she could work out enough (which for a powered Kryptonian is pretty fucking hard to do), then her physique would develop further as well, beyond whatever she already develops as she grows (since she's still a teenager). But she certainly won't get fat, out of shape, or anything like that as long as she keeps soaking up the sunlight.

Yuck

Dude...

She could pick up a cherry by the stem with that thing

post more beef cake.

>Why do naturally strong heroes need defined muscles?
They don't.

George (and later Christopher) Reeves were athletic, but hardly JACKED.

But comics reflect the popular culture and when Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme, et al got big the comics reflected that ( and, in the case of people like Liefeld, exaggerated it past the point of absurdity ).

The reverse is also true: Batman, being a non-meta, works out like a motherfucker (so he's jacked) and so does Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin ... but Batwoman (who ALSO trains like it's going out of style) looks just like every other young lady when she shows up in a sleeveless evening gown for the charity ball (as does Babs, Steph ... anyone but Cass really).

TL;DR - because Capeshit is all about taking Ideals and then cranking them up to 11.

>George (and later Christopher) Reeves
Forgot my pic.

But that was then, this is now.

??

This is why I love Alex Ross' art. Supes and Billy for example, are built like a fucking barns, the biggest, strongest guys in the entire farming/mining town. Not like bodybuilders who actively define their looks.

I want her to place her tits on my head like a hat.

Like this?

Superheros having muscles is just an easy way to depict physical power/prowess. Just like the greek ideal, purity of body, mind and spirit. A virtuous person was usally depicted as being physically fit because they belived the outward reflected the inner self.

Flash uses the speed force, he doesnt need to be built like a sprinter or any type of athlete, but someone opening aFlash comic the first time would get that he is meant to be fast, or a big beefy guy is meant to depict his being strong ... aside from whatever his power comes from.

Aldo brings to mind Ian Fleming. The scar on Bond's cheek depicts his inner brutallity. Or that most villainz were physically twisted in some way to help draw out their inner corruption.

best manga and anime in existence it btfo every western cartoon

Ligit question, who would have made a better WW?

Somebody else who's not Gal.

Muscles look more ''heroic''.

>Muscles = power/strength.

You could draw them without muscle
But why would ya?

>Trees don't lift planes, buildings, etc stressing their muscles
Lifting planes and buildings isn't really something that should put an stress on Superman muscles considering his actual strength.

yes they should

Being fit doesn't make everyone look the same

it's a good question OP; how does superman stay ripped af when there's nothing in the world that can give him a proper workout on a regular basis? maybe it's that kryptonian flesh + bone, being indestructible, is also so insanely dense and inflexible that it's an actual effort just for him to move around normally, and when you see supes like punch metallo into orbit or something, 90% of the force he exerted there was just getting his own arm to move.

That's I thought. It's like someone who's naturally gifted in drawing or sprinting, but needs to sharpen their skills and practice.

Artists think it's attractive on either gender, to either gender. It's not

I think with Kryptonians, it actually takes effort for them to move without causing destruction. That takes muscle control. Also, genetics? They seem to be a very fit race.

In superman case it seems to depend in the quantity of sun radiation he gets.

If he receives constant sunlight won't that buffed him up more or is there a limit to his muscles growing?