You told me it's the new citizen kane

you told me it's the new citizen kane

Did she get a boob job to play the mommy?

The media is really hyping this up. I wonder why....

is it anything like the korean version? because that was fantastic

It's probably the oscarbait of the year.

ABSOLUTELY DIVINE

>6.3 on IMDB
That's like a 3/10 in real life, who gives a fuck about this flick and why?

Aronofsky is a hack

screaming in the bathtub. so original

he bought the rights to that scene, what a fucking hack, aronofsky should not be ever funded again

Saw it last night. It goes fucking berserk in the final act and honestly it saved the movie for me.

It's a good time to work at a movie theater. So many uptight old retards are gonna go in because "Oh it got good reviews on the Rotten Tomatoes that means it's gotta be good" and they're gonna get the clusterfuck of the millennium.

I've never seen him acknowledge that fact and it's in poor taste to rip shots like that Perfect blue will always be the better version anyway

I honestly dont know why people give him shit for it, he had the decency to buy the rights before he did it.

as opposed to the uptight young people that will go "this doesnt have a clown killing people in it"?

Because muh little chinese girl cartoons!

>The man who directed the wrestler is a hack
Your pleb is showing

My theater (for some reason) caters mainly to old assholes, which is why I specified them.

Hadn't even considered what the younger folk are gonna think of this.

The Wrestler would be unwatchable without Rourke and Tomei being cast. They elevate a very terrible movie.

Aranofsky has been telling reporters about his love affair for Perfect Blue since Requiem. I'd be surprised if he hasn't "homaged" more shots from Kon.

>he thinks he's Cormac McCarthy

It was the best thing to come out of this mediocre year. Very tense and uncomfortable. The sound design and cinematography is gorgeous.

Nope. That goes to Daniel Day Lewis' supposed final film at the end of the year.

>A movie that uses shock value with "SO DEEP" messages is considered great filmmaking these days

You're part of the problem

Shock value? It's a fucking horror film you dense fuck. Holy shit you can't handle metaphors in what you watch? Pleb

>I've never seen him acknowledge that fact
He's mentioned multiple times his meetings with Kon and wrote the intro to a book about the guy. I don't think he makes it a secret.

Normies will still suck Black Swan aka Imperfect Blue's cock like there's no tomorrow though, they couldn't give a fuck about idea theft.

>hurr durr giving your characters names is plebejan af
I fucking hate when filmmakers do that. It's so pretentious.

>Javier bardem as him
?¿

The trailers for this infuriate me. They're all "youll be talking about this for years...you'll never forget where you were when you first see it"

Fuck you, its probably shit

I fucking hate Jennifer Lawrence. I don't care how good the film is. I just hate her.

Nigga that's not Good Time.

Someone spoil this shit

What did the director plagiarize this time?

Wtf is a Divine Comedy? I'm aware of Dante, but how is it a genre?

Shit looks like Skeleton Key

>you'll never forget where you were when you first see it

I was in a movie theater

The director knows people won't remember the names of the characters anyway so he didn't bother trying

She is mother earth / mary, He is god. The people are humans. The house is earth itself.

Gay

woah
deep

Deeper than the Marina Trench

Neat. I think I'll see it now.

That's stupid I was hoping he was satan

Don't take marketing out on the film itself. I mean, fuck, they're trying to market it as a horror movie...

Kristen Wiig dual-wields shotguns in one scene, and a baby gets its neck snapped and eaten in another.

Remember when old mate Dazza directed Noah?

So what is the movie about? what I got from the trailer and what I guessed it what about was he was the devil and all those people were followers attracted to the house and Jennifer Lawrence was necessary for a ritual

Not terrible, man, but Rourke really is making it a lot better.

Why's it stupid?

The amount of reviews that mention Rosemary's Baby make me think it might just be a straight Rosemary's Baby ripoff.

The first two thirds and that one poster definitely sell it as Rosemary's Baby.

The third act really comes out of left field with it, any subtlety the movie had is just blown out the fucking water.

She's mother earth/mary and Javier is a god. Her house is planet earth, humans comes and fuck it up. Her husband writes a book, the not-bible, and everyone starts worshiping him and he start neglecting his wife. Humans continue to fuck shit up, Javier even accidentally kills not Jesus and the people eat him.

Mother Earth gets angry and sends Hurricanes to punish Tru---I mean she gets angry and blows up the house killing everyone.

Javier takes her heart out, does some magic Yahweh shit and recreates the house from her heart as a new "planet earth." The movie is a loop in which mother is abused by everyone, flips out, dies, and is born again to suffer eternally.

Sounds like a good movie. I'll wait until it's on 123movies or something though.

Sounds a bit heavy handed, but I like the premise.

>gayhall gingerson
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DROP

Well when you think about what he lets happen to Earth itself and forgives us, his children for all the terrible things we do.

Maybe he really is Satan, why would any god create beings who can suffer and make others suffer?

I don't think it's heavy handed, just blunt. Humans for the most part do not care about Earth, but will definitely worship a god. There are billions of god fearing humans on Earth, but definitely not billions of Earth clean up people. One of the many magics of movies is showing things in extravagant ways, even the truth. Like that film about Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas. The film tells Scrooge and the audience in no uncertain terms, if you don't stop being a dick you're gonna die all alone and miserable, so go and make up with your pals and employees and family. But it's still a good film despite the lack of subtlety because we don't see ghosts in reality telling us how things are.

>Maybe he really is Satan, why would any god create beings who can suffer and make others suffer?
For the possibility of happiness and other beautiful things. You don't not have children because you're afraid they'll die. That's a given.

I just don't like the metaphor that much. The guests=humans fucking house=earth angering the personification of mother nature is too heavy handed for me.

>Directed by Darren Aronofsky

*wanking hand motion*

>ride private jets around the world to promote said film

This explains so much! When she said mother nature is punsihing the USA for Trump with hurricanes.
She just played mother nature, punishing humans for ruining the earth in a movie, and she was just method acting!

Or she's retarded. One of those two.

>mfw mother earth is pregnant

To each their own. I really don't see anything wrong with it.
For sure it's stupid as shit, but like I said as a film it's gonna be real neat to watch. Princess Mononoke and all those other Studio Ghibli films are about protecting the environment. Some of those are my favorite films, but it's not like I'm gonna stop driving a car any time soon. Movies are nice escapes we can get lost in with their fusion of music, good acting, camerawork, etc. I'll watch this film, probably enjoy it, but like the majority of people I'm not gonna become some greenpeace dude. Which is okay.

It means it's just a big social commentary conveyed by symbolism and metaphors.

It's not, and Dante's Divine Comedy is not actually either of the two. The first part came in later when people started calling it 'divine' as a mark of distinction. As for the 'comedy' part, Dante used it for two reasons: firstly it ends well after having started in a bad place, secondly the style is not consistently tragic or otherwise 'dignified' as you find it other epics, most importantly Dante's role model, Virgil and his Aeneid. Basically it's much more mixed and has a lot in common with today's novel, but in Medieval terms it would have been a comedy, and Dante also saw it as somewhat the opposite of the Aeneid, and that was a tragedy.
I'm obviously not gonna read that review but on a first glance the heading makes little sense.

kek

What's the name of the Anime?

Checked. Perfect Blue.

Imperfect Red

Pretty true, however I just don't understand how a God can forgive and punish or why they would even create when they are all knowing and all powerful

I would just think if I were a God I'd make something more fantastical than the world we have now (which is very interesting still but has pretty weird universal limitations like the speed of light)

or I would make nothing at all

>I just don't understand how a God can forgive and punish or why they would even create when they are all knowing and all powerful
I don't agree with the notion that if a god existed he would be as punishing as humans would have other humans believe. If there were an omnipotent, omniscient god, then he would know that if he made beings with free will then they have the capacity to harm others. It's unfair for a god to send people to fire and brimstone simply for giving us free will. You have those people who do bad shit because bad shit happened to them, so it's not entirely their own fault. >or why they would even create
People plant gardens to watch the flowers bloom.
>I would just think if I were a God I'd make something more fantastical than the world we have now (which is very interesting still but has pretty weird universal limitations like the speed of light)
Maybe we're just the one boring universe and there's a parallel universe that doesn't have such limitations.

If we ever get around to Martrioska Brains (or however it's spelled) you'll be the god of your own universe. Though it will 100% happen far beyond yours and my lifetime.

Shit I fucked up that second greentext.
>or why they would even create
People plant gardens to watch the flowers bloom.

>PTA film about a fashion designer in victorian england starring DDL
Will probably be the only film I see at the cinema this year.

>more religion shit
But I want more stuff like Pi.

are you serious? How do you know? Is it even out?

>6,3 imbd
Is this the end of her "career".

I would've wanted to see this if Jennifer Lawrence wasn't in it

It's been screened already and you can find summaries with google.

that tub in perfect blue looks really short. like i get japan is cramped but cmon

calm down emma

>citizen kane
So it's a boring piece of shit then?

man im excited for that thing

>imbd
thanks, grandma